It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think this is one time where the message board won't mind me speaking for them.

I guess Mac flew his Dad into Chicago from Florida. He's not doing well. Had a stroke. Doesn't sound good. 2 days off to be with him at the hospital.

Hey Mac, if you got your wit and sense of humor from your Dad, then I like your Dad. I'm sure you did.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:29 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Hope your Dad is doing better, Mac.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Never heard him say much about his dad. Hope everybody finds peace. I've thought about what it would be like to lose a parent from time to time and I can't imagine it. They do so much for me and I know they love me. I can't imagine my life without that love.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:52 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Best wishes Mac, hope you are able to spend some quality time with him and he can possibly recover. Went through this in December and by the time I got there my dad was out of it. Grateful I was able to spend the time with him during Thanksgiving before the precipitous fall. Anyway, just sending you my best, it's a tough situation to be in.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Yeah, it sucks. Best wishes, Mac.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:36 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
He's posted a few things on Facebook about his Pop's recent issues. He seems very grateful for the time spent with his old man.

Warm thoughts and good vibes being sent your way, Mac.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:50 pm 

I sincerely hope that he can sit with his dad, clear up any lingering issues if any and have his entire family enjoy the hell out of this time.

Best wishes Mac & family

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Regular Reader wrote:
I sincerely hope that he can sit with his dad, clear up any lingering issues if any and have his entire family enjoy the hell out of this time.

Best wishes Mac & family

He just said that is what he is grateful for that is happening mostly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:57 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Sorry to hear this, Mac. All the best to your family.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Our thoughts are with you Mac. Enjoy whatever time you have with your dad.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Mac made a post today about his father being on the 18th green of life. Very sad news.

Take comfort in the fact that you had him this long, and that your sons had their grandfather for nearly a quarter of their lives Mac. MANY aren't so lucky.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
I think this is one time where the message board won't mind me speaking for them.

I guess Mac flew his Dad into Chicago from Florida. He's not doing well. Had a stroke. Doesn't sound good. 2 days off to be with him at the hospital.

Hey Mac, if you got your wit and sense of humor from your Dad, then I like your Dad. I'm sure you did.

I obviously don't know the details, but he flew his dad (who is ill and nearing the end) vs. flying down to him? Not a doctor, but wouldn't it be more comfortable for his father to stay where he is?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
BD wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I obviously don't know the details, but he flew his dad (who is ill and nearing the end) vs. flying down to him? Not a doctor, but wouldn't it be more comfortable for his father to stay where he is?

Probably gives him a chance to see more family members and friends.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:35 pm 

BD wrote:
Beardown wrote:

You'd be amazed at how cathartic it is to get the hell away from the hospital or wherever in the hell you've been convalescing for extended periods if you can.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:42 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Hoping the best for Mac and his family.

I just spent a couple days fishing with my 79-year old dad and it is rough seeing how old age has affected him. We need to spend as much quality time as we can with our folks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Woodstocks
I lost my Dad 21 years ago when he was 52. Some days it seems like yesterday, some days it seems like forever. He missed my wedding, my kids, and other important life events. I was with him when he passed at home. It was terrible to watch him slip away, but I was glad I was able to say the things I needed to say. I feel your pain. Time is precious and fleeting.