It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Spaulding wrote:
I can meet you all for a drink after.

T-Bone wrote:
Going to run this by the wife this weekend and see if we can work this out.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
On vacation that week, oh well.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:32 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Spaulding wrote:
I can meet you all for a drink after.

Now here is something I could likely do regardless.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:58 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I am going to pass even though it sounds like a good time. $200 is pretty steep and i have to move a lot of things around to do it. Hope you guys that make it have a great time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:48 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Yeah, I'm out. Have fun all.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
vitoscotti wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I would love to be IN, but I lost my job right before Memorial Day, so it's pretty tough to justify spending that much bread for one round of golf. Hopefully I'll land something soon and be able to put aside a few bucks to make this happen. Like Doug, I won't know for sure for a few of weeks yet.

Can't afford $200 and you're fuckin off posting here when you should be job hunting to get off welfare?

Maybe fucking off and posting here, rather than working diligently is the reason he lost his job? I wonder from time to time, how in the world guys find so much time to be posting on a message board, when they are supposed to be working. I canned a guy last week because he kept looking at his phone while he was supposed to be working. Leave the damn phone in your car until break/lunch time. Got 2 warnings and then just as in baseball, 3 strikes and you are OUT!!!

In Texas hold-em parlance, I am all-in for the golf.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

Stay classy, Stevie.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:23 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
You’re kind of an asshole, Steve.

BREAKING NEWS.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:14 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I would love to be IN, but I lost my job right before Memorial Day, so it's pretty tough to justify spending that much bread for one round of golf. Hopefully I'll land something soon and be able to put aside a few bucks to make this happen. Like Doug, I won't know for sure for a few of weeks yet.

Can't afford $200 and you're fuckin off posting here when you should be job hunting to get off welfare?

Maybe fucking off and posting here, rather than working diligently is the reason he lost his job? I wonder from time to time, how in the world guys find so much time to be posting on a message board, when they are supposed to be working. I canned a guy last week because he kept looking at his phone while he was supposed to be working. Leave the damn phone in your car until break/lunch time. Got 2 warnings and then just as in baseball, 3 strikes and you are OUT!!!

Don't you constantly call radio shows?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:54 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
yeah, i mean...who stays on hold for 30 minutes (presumably while working) to have a shit take for 30 seconds.

The truth Steve, is that you don't know Frank. So fucking off is exactly what you should do...or call Carmen and Jurko again. Same difference.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:32 am 

Frank's the best, Steve's the worst.

Fucking mic sniffer.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:07 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

No, I call on average maybe 2-3 times a week. During Baseball season more than during winter. But I don't stop working and I'm the boss, so it isn't the same situation either. Perhaps my comments were a bit too close to home for some that also fuck off far too often at work, rather than putting forth their best. I get it, it's bad form probably, to point out that wasting company time posting on a message board may not be the best idea if you want to keep your job. But maybe he needs to think about it and avoid this kind of mistake in the future, so he can keep the next job, and provide better for his family?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:08 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

No, I call on average maybe 2-3 times a week. During Baseball season more than during winter. But I don't stop working and I'm the boss, so it isn't the same situation either. Perhaps my comments were a bit too close to home for some that also fuck off far too often at work, rather than putting forth their best. I get it, it's bad form probably, to point out that wasting company time posting on a message board may not be the best idea if you want to keep your job. But maybe he needs to think about it and avoid this kind of mistake in the future, so he can keep the next job, and provide better for his family?

Kill yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:40 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
I’m out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:01 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I don't think they were close to home. A lot of people have downtime at work. You fill it one way and others fill it differently.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I don't think they were close to home. A lot of people have downtime at work. You fill it one way and others fill it differently.

Yeah, but he's the BOSS!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Some business owners spend thier downtime by making "fake" racists posts on a message board to try and win a steak dinner.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Some business owners spend thier downtime by making "fake" racists posts on a message board to try and win a steak dinner.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:09 pm 

Is the brand impacting participation?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:16 am 

Franky T wrote:

Yes, and that makes all the difference in the world. If I choose to use my time in an unproductive way, my business may be affected negatively to some degree. That means that I will make less money. I will be the only one working here that is affected. if an employee is being unproductive during work hours, he has an adverse effect on how profitable the business is. An employee is either an asset or a liability. Once recognized as a liability, he must be fired, lest his habits be seen as acceptable to others, who might follow his example. But by firing him, it sets a positive tone that his type of behavior/ habits will not be tolerated. Firing a guy every now and then is actually a good idea, as it keeps everyone less than comfortable in their job and working hard to make sure they are not next to go. When you have a guy screwing off, he makes an easy target. Gotta cut your losses ASAP and get rid of him. If he is like Frank and has a baby, it makes it a little tougher, but as they said in The Godfather.....It's business, it's not personal.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:24 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
but as they said in The Godfather.....It's business, it's not personal.

No, they didn't.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:27 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Yes, and that makes all the difference in the world. If I choose to use my time in an unproductive way, my business may be affected negatively to some degree. That means that I will make less money. I will be the only one working here that is affected. if an employee is being unproductive during work hours, he has an adverse effect on how profitable the business is. An employee is either an asset or a liability. Once recognized as a liability, he must be fired, lest his habits be seen as acceptable to others, who might follow his example. But by firing him, it sets a positive tone that his type of behavior/ habits will not be tolerated. Firing a guy every now and then is actually a good idea, as it keeps everyone less than comfortable in their job and working hard to make sure they are not next to go. When you have a guy screwing off, he makes an easy target. Gotta cut your losses ASAP and get rid of him. If he is like Frank and has a baby, it makes it a little tougher, but as they said in The Godfather.....It's business, it's not personal.

You should write a book on business.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:27 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Furious Styles wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
but as they said in The Godfather.....It's business, it's not personal.

No, they didn't.

:lol:

The gift that keeps on giving.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:32 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Firing a guy every now and then is actually a good idea, as it keeps everyone less than comfortable in their job and working hard to make sure they are not next to go.

Fun work environment.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:34 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Firing a guy every now and then is actually a good idea, as it keeps everyone less than comfortable in their job and working hard to make sure they are not next to go.

Fun work environment.
It was only missing the "I believe strongly in the Jack Welch method" of hating your employees.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:36 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Steve strikes me as a "do as I say, not as I do" type.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:44 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I wonder if a giant plastic rat has ever been set up in front of one of Steve's worksites.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:46 am 
100000 CLUB

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
All the great managers I've ever known and worked for shitcan people on a weekly basis!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:48 am 

The funny thing is that Steve will be the first to defend a police officer for poor job performance.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Franky T wrote:

You should write a book on business.

I was going to suggest he teach a Business 101 course at a local community college. He really seems to know his stuff.