It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Goff Effect Breeze
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:59 am 

This section is deader than the pimple on Abe Lincoln's ass.

What gives? You wanted Mackeyfish back and now he is yet you just can't seem to muster up the energy to discuss the show?

Where is a Beardown when you really need him?

All you Goff detractors complained ad nauseam about Goff and how your interest in the show would pique without him on it. He has been gone for about a year and a half yet the interest in threads in this section is at an all time low.

Again what gives?

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Goff Effect Breeze
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
long time guy wrote:
This section is deader than the pimple on Abe Lincoln's ass.

What gives? You wanted Mackeyfish back and now he is yet you just can't seem to muster up the energy to discuss the show?

Where is a Beardown when you really need him?

All you Goff detractors complained ad nauseam about Goff and how your interest in the show would pique without him on it. He has been gone for about a year and a half yet the interest in threads in this section is at an all time low.

Again what gives?

too busy stalking dicaro's twitter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:30 pm 

People are more vocal in complaining than praising.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
The show isn’t interesting.

As a duo the chemistry just isn’t there.

Mac is in full coast mode

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
When Boers is on people care. Parkins is mediocre at best. It is funny that the king of don't tell me what to talk about started a thread to complain that others aren't talking enough about this subject.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Mac does sound like he's coasting and I do not find there to be anything interesting, or even likable, about Parkins.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Are current duo's rating better than Penn State Live?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:41 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
I'm not listening to the Score anymore except for Cubs games. I don't think I'm alone there. The board is really weird without new Score memes and lore.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
good dolphin wrote:

Bingo

I enjoy their show when I listen but that is becoming more and more infrequent. The quality and quantity of podcasts available provide better options on a near daily basis. I listened to roughly 4 hours of podcasts today and the thought to listen to the Score never entered my mind.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
good dolphin wrote:

That’s not the point here though.

The point here, in this forum and the show, is that people are indifferent at best and completely uninterested at worst.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
I got a point. The point is they replaced a guy with a personality(Goff) with a guy who doesn't(Connie). Piss and moan all you like about his social views, Goff knew sports and knew how to communicate what he knew.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
I'm not listening to the Score anymore except for Cubs games. I don't think I'm alone there. The board is really weird without new Score memes and lore.

You're not. I don't listen at all anymore.

If something interesting happens, I'll catch the podcast later on.

I don't feel I am missing anything.

The board has the NOT INTERESTED sign on the whole station instead of just the ZZ segnents.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Curious Hair wrote:

that's basically the final step of radio hell... 100% sheer and total apathy. I've seen the cycle with bubba the love sponge, Howard stern, and now here. it starts off when there's interesting/quality radio that warrants people coming together to talk about it, then you end up with places like this giving you those score memes. Then when the show/s fall off you get people on places like this nitpicking the fuck out of everything and even essentially hate-listening to provide fuel for the discourse.... But then over time that gets old and you eventually reach the depths of radio hell: sheer and total irrelevance. It's like they said in Howard Stern Private Parts; the haters listened even longer than the fans because they couldn't wait to see what wiggy said next. or in this case we couldn't wait to hear (someone else point out) what Bernstein said next.

Now we know what he's gonna say and well, *yawns* honestly this score fandom was likely a time and a place that's long since gone by the wayside prolly thanks in large part to the eventual corporatification of once-indy/ish sports talk radio stations like der schnorr.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:59 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
I've been here since the Crown Their Ass game and that's exactly how it all went down. The hate-listen era started between Penn State and the Derrick Rose injury, and continued until everyone wised up that Bernstein & Goff was just lukewarm kulturkampf shit that other people were doing faster and better, and it's been irrelevance ever since.

I don't know what the future of sports talk radio is but I feel like we're approaching the end of sports talk as we know it, and how I feel about it is something on which I have not reached a conclusion yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Curious Hair wrote:
I've been here since the Crown Their Ass game and that's exactly how it all went down. The hate-listen era started between Penn State and the Derrick Rose injury, and continued until everyone wised up that Bernstein & Goff was just lukewarm kulturkampf shit that other people were doing faster and better, and it's been irrelevance ever since.

I don't know what the future of sports talk radio is but I feel like we're approaching the end of sports talk as we know it, and how I feel about it is something on which I have not reached a conclusion yet.

Penn State was the end for me. Bad radio.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:26 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
It is funny that the king of don't tell me what to talk about started a thread to complain that others aren't talking enough about this subject.

If its funny then why aren't you laughing jackass

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:29 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

The point here, in this forum and the show, is that people are indifferent at best and completely uninterested at worst.

Bingo.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
The glory days of the score are never coming back. No chance of Uncle Terry Interrogating Da Coach, or Neil from Northlake getting through the screener and confronting the guest. The deliciously uncomfortable verbal confrontations that put the station on the map are impossible with the current configuration of the station. Today's politically correct climate and the political leanings of the current hosts make the type of energetic verbal jousting between hosts and guests and/or hosts and callers impossible. Bears post game is the only show that brings anything close to the energy the station used to display, content specific podcasts are a much better option for sports talk consumption.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
long time guy wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Bingo.

Which is an improvement over a small minority hate listening/commenting and same indifferent/uninterested audience

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:42 pm 

I heard Mac complaining about the callers the other day. The station took an adversarial approach to the audience during the Bernstein years, which it has never really reversed. When longtime callers came on it added to the shows.

Now the side characters are the producers who are less talented versions of the hosts.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
The glory days of the score are never coming back. No chance of Uncle Terry Interrogating Da Coach, or Neil from Northlake getting through the screener and confronting the guest. The deliciously uncomfortable verbal confrontations that put the station on the map are impossible with the current configuration of the station. Today's politically correct climate and the political leanings of the current hosts make the type of energetic verbal jousting between hosts and guests and/or hosts and callers impossible. Bears post game is the only show that brings anything close to the energy the station used to display, content specific podcasts are a much better option for sports talk consumption.

That's true. Nobody at the station is allowed to hate another host. And display the hate. Like The "Murph vs. Boers" thing that went on for 15 years.

Don't get me wrong. A lot of guys hate Larry. It's just they have to pretend to like him. In the old days, that wasn't the case.

The "Murph vs. Boers" thing was fun for listeners. Hate of co workers should be a part of radio stations. But like you said, can't do it in these times.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:56 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
denisdman wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Same here. The Penn St. stuff was interesting at first, then Bernsie went off the rails with it. I don't listen to the weekday stuff unless there's a trade, firing, or the day after/before a Bears game.

I still listen to the baseball shows on the weekends and Bears pre/post-game.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:28 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
FrankDrebin wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Same here. The Penn St. stuff was interesting at first, then Bernsie went off the rails with it. I don't listen to the weekday stuff unless there's a trade, firing, or the day after/before a Bears game.

I still listen to the baseball shows on the weekends and Bears pre/post-game.

I still to this day do not understand his wanting to go so long for so hard against Penn State. After a week or whenever a real update came out what was the upside. There are not enough PSU fans, alumni or Joebots in his audience to make any sense.

It was just on and on and on and on. Unless he thought he was trolling people that defended priests or he was gunning for the national job he didn't get I have no clue.

Then to try again and get nothing but egg in his face over Kane was his death. Say it with me, "YOU. CAN'T. SAY. THAT!" :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:31 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I haven’t tuned in to the 670 in well over a year. Too many Sirius options, and I don’t really care about local sports.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:43 am 

long time guy wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Bingo.

Bongo. My response, which is directly on point, is that a reduction in posting isn't due to disinterest or indifference but satisfaction.

This is no longer a Score that divides its audience with a good portion hating what is said. That happened in both the North and Bernstein eras of the station. I don't think current content inspires people to write negative feedback. That is what always fueled the writing about the station here. It was rear someone posted a thread just to say "great job" to North or Bernstein.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:49 am 

redskingreg wrote:
I haven’t tuned in to the 670 in well over a year. Too many Sirius options, and I don’t really care about local sports.

You don't care about local sports so you don't listen to the local sports station.

Illuminating.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Younger people don’t listen GD.

Look at the 670 twitter account.

Barely any comments or retweets.

ACCEPT IT!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Bingo.

Bongo. My response, which is directly on point, is that a reduction in posting isn't due to disinterest or indifference but satisfaction.

This is no longer a Score that divides its audience with a good portion hating what is said. That happened in both the North and Bernstein eras of the station. I don't think current content inspires people to write negative feedback. That is what always fueled the writing about the station here. It was rear someone posted a thread just to say "great job" to North or Bernstein.

You are correct in that not only between hosts on one show but from show to show they are more likely to be "basically" on the same page. Probably Cub induced. The Cub anted more WGN than old B&B.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:00 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
Younger people don’t listen GD.

Look at the 670 twitter account.

Barely any comments or retweets.

ACCEPT IT!!!!

I do accept it but it isn't like young people are thinking, Mc Neil sucks and Goff was great so I've lost my interest in the Score.