It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac broke a pretty big story today.

Mac said that Bristol is thinking about going all national in Chicago except for one show.

It's pretty obvious to me that one show would be Waddle and Silvy.

So Kaplan, Jurko and Carmen are probably drinking a lot these days.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:25 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
ABC must really be cutting back on radio expenses. Radio Disney went down a year or so ago and ESPN Deportes is going dark soon. Would not be surprised at all to see them cut 1000 down to the bare minimum. AM radio held on for a really long time in Chicago but I feel it fading fast. If Entercom can get the Cubs on FM somehow, stick a fork in it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Business wise it makes sense for them. Even if the national show numbers drop a little bit. You save on not paying 4 hosts (Kap always has some jack ass with him), 4 or 5 producers and a sales staff.

I'd be willing to bet that a national show does better numbers in the 12-2 slot. Carmen is the worst host in the history of radio. It amazes me how stupid, dense and obtuse he is.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Beardown wrote:

Mac said that Bristol is thinking about going all national in Chicago except for one show.

Kap is swamped already and very well off financially, Jurko is well off as well. I'd say Defalco is guzzling ulcer medicine and a nervous wreck.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
312player wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Kap is swamped already and very well off financially, Jurko is well off as well. I'd say Defalco is guzzling ulcer medicine and a nervous wreck.

I think Carm just bought a house in Western Springs too. Couldn’t be cheap .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:26 pm 

I heard Jurko say something like " your wife being the bread winner" and Defalco quickly got offended and said that he's the bread winner. This was maybe 18 months ago. I was thinking at the time Carmen cant be making more than 70k.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
312player wrote:
I was thinking
Well there's your problem.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
312player wrote:
I heard Jurko say something like " your wife being the bread winner" and Defalco quickly got offended and said that he's the bread winner. This was maybe 18 months ago. I was thinking at the time Carmen cant be making more than 70k.

Carm will be sucking cock for table scraps soon enough.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

312player wrote:

Not that 70k is a horrible living. And I would assume that's probably right. He only does 2 hours in a non drive time slot. Plus his ratings are shit. Jurko knows what Carm makes cuz Jurko makes the same.

But yeah, Carmen is nervous cuz where the hell does he go if this shit ends? SCORE wouldn't want him.

You're right. Jurko has the NFL money. Which was probably close to 8 or 9 million in his NFL career. I think he played about 10 years. He played in the 90s, wasn't a star, so that's probably close to what he made. Then again, the wife got some of that in the divorce.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Christ, to work 10 hours a week and make 70k, I would say that's a great living. You're basically retired and making 70k in your 40s.

How many people make 70k working 10 hours a week?

Don't have to be to work until noon. You're home by 3pm. You don't even have to battle rush hour traffic on either end. That's awesome. Plus he's horrible at his job and has been able to keep it for years.

Though they have demoted him and Jurko twice. So ESPN know they both suck, just haven't had the heart to kill them yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:03 pm 

You guys are nuts if you think he’s only making 70k a year . Guessing every bit of double that , minimum 125k

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:06 pm 

Beardown wrote:
312player wrote:

Not that 70k is a horrible living. And I would assume that's probably right. He only does 2 hours in a non drive time slot. Plus his ratings are shit. Jurko knows what Carm makes cuz Jurko makes the same.

But yeah, Carmen is nervous cuz where the hell does he go if this shit ends? SCORE wouldn't want him.

You're right. Jurko has the NFL money. Which was probably close to 8 or 9 million in his NFL career. I think he played about 10 years. He played in the 90s, wasn't a star, so that's probably close to what he made. Then again, the wife got some of that in the divorce.

Im assuming Jurk has his pension going and is probably pulling in 100k a year off that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:08 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
You guys are nuts if you think he’s only making 70k a year . Guessing every bit of double that , minimum 125k

Carmen- 70k
Jurko- 125k

Waddle- 125k
Silvy- 100k
Kap- 125k

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
You guys are nuts if you think he’s only making 70k a year . Guessing every bit of double that .

Doubt it. If he makes 140k, then Jurko makes the same. So 280k for the noon to 2pm shift? Kick in 70k for the two producers. 350k total? Non drive time - 2 hours. With shitty ratings. No. ESPN doesn't make that money back in ad revenue. It would be a loss.

Last edited by Beardown on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Beardown wrote:
312player wrote:

Im assuming Jurk has his pension going and is probably pulling in 100k a year off that.

That's true.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

As long as Jurko doesn't get married again, he'll be fine for the rest of his life. Don't do the second wife thing, Jurko. Strip clubs and hookers will be cheaper and with less problems.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:33 pm 

Beardown wrote:
312player wrote:
Beardown wrote:
312player wrote:

That's true.

NFL penion plans do not kick in until 55 years of age.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

312player wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Carmen- 70k
Jurko- 125k

Waddle- 125k
Silvy- 100k
Kap- 125k

I don't think you understand how radio works? So you think Jurko makes the same as Waddle? That he makes more than Silvy? When he works half the hours as those two? And Jurko doesn't work in drive time. Do you understand how much more ad revenue is drawn in drive time?

I'm just guessing here. But I would say there are 4x the amount of cars on the road from 4-6 then there are from 12-2. That might be a little low.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
SomeGuy wrote:
312player wrote:

Carm will be sucking cock for table scraps soon enough.

That’s the funniest thing I’ve read in the last 12 seconds, and it’s why SomeGuy is my guy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I cant wait to see what ben finfer has to tweet about this

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:10 am 

312player wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Carmen- 70k
Jurko- 125k

Waddle- 125k
Silvy- 100k
Kap- 125k

Are you retarded?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:40 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Curious Hair wrote:
ABC must really be cutting back on radio expenses. Radio Disney went down a year or so ago and ESPN Deportes is going dark soon. Would not be surprised at all to see them cut 1000 down to the bare minimum. AM radio held on for a really long time in Chicago but I feel it fading fast. If Entercom can get the Cubs on FM somehow, stick a fork in it.

Which means pay rates at the Score will continue to drop as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:51 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Yikes, Loho might dip below 500k.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:00 am 

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
I cant wait to see what ben finfer has to tweet about this

He’ll have to figure out a way to tie Trump into it first .

Last edited by badrogue17 on Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:06 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Yikes, Loho might dip below 500k.

College professor salaries are rising.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:30 am 

I imagine Jurko has a very frugal lifestyle even though he has more FU money than anyone at the station, including Kap. He played nine years and I think he got one big contract for Jacksonville. I think it was in the 5 million range. Then I seem to recall him saying that he stole money from Cleveland for his last year.

As you said, he probably earned upwards of 10 million in the NFL. Let's not forget that he followed that up with about a decade working as a host at the top ranked show in Chicago just after the big contract years in radio. I don't think he was pulling 500K but if Mac wasn't rolling out of bed for less than 300K in those days, neither was Jurko.

Now at 51, he probably has earned between 15-20 million in his life. Government and agent get half. Ex gets half of that (oof now I'm getting depressed for him). Jurko is probably sitting on 5 million in the bank. He is four years away from a nice pension. He has worked for ESPN for close to 20 years which has to mean another nice pension.

He would be employable in the NFL if he chose. He is also employable in radio. While he is a slug, he is a fun listen. I'd love for the Score to scoop him up and team him with Mac. Then team up Parkins and Bernstein. Boom. Suddenly you have a great lineup.

The absolute perfect role for Jurk is to take on a Bears postgame show. He could become an institution in this city along the lines of Doug and OB.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:33 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:
I imagine Jurko has a very frugal lifestyle even though he has more FU money than anyone at the station, including Kap. He played nine years and I think he got one big contract for Jacksonville. I think it was in the 5 million range. Then I seem to recall him saying that he stole money from Cleveland for his last year.

As you said, he probably earned upwards of 10 million in the NFL. Let's not forget that he followed that up with about a decade working as a host at the top ranked show in Chicago just after the big contract years in radio. I don't think he was pulling 500K but if Mac wasn't rolling out of bed for less than 300K in those days, neither was Jurko.

Now at 51, he probably has earned between 15-20 million in his life. Government and agent get half. Ex gets half of that (oof now I'm getting depressed for him). Jurko is probably sitting on 5 million in the bank. He is four years away from a nice pension. He has worked for ESPN for close to 20 years which has to mean another nice pension.

He would be employable in the NFL if he chose. He is also employable in radio. While he is a slug, he is a fun listen. I'd love for the Score to scoop him up and team him with Mac. Then team up Parkins and Bernstein. Boom. Suddenly you have a great lineup.

The absolute perfect role for Jurk is to take on a Bears postgame show. He could become an institution in this city along the lines of Doug and OB.

His ex also gets half his pension or equitable buyout unless she had a terrible lawyer. Like one that can't post an image. :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
The rumor of AM1000 going with all national programming, with the exception of Waddle and Silvy, has been floating around for years. I guess it might eventually come true at some point.

Parkins and Bernstein would be insufferable.
Mac and Jurko would be terrible. Jurko makes everything worse.

Parkins and Jurko would be entertaining because it would make Parkins miserable. I wouldn't listen much, but that would nice.
Mac and Bernstein has the potential to be entertaining, at least for a while. The open could be Bernstein's speech about what a great day it was for the station the last time Mac left.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:13 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Beardown wrote:
I'm just guessing here. But I would say there are 4x the amount of cars on the road from 4-6 then there are from 12-2. That might be a little low.

that may be true, but you are assuming everyone is listening to Sports radio.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Beardown wrote:

that may be true, but you are assuming everyone is listening to Sports radio.

It is hard for some to believe that while we are a good demo we are a big minority when it comes to listening.