It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rosen vs. Mac
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
I don't have any details beyond what I'm typing here but just turned on The Score to hear Mac complaining about air sirens and microphones which prompted a call from "Mitchy" to tell Mac to relax. I don't think I've ever heard him call in on air before.

Last edited by rogar6 on Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Rosen vs. Mac
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:20 pm 

early warning sirens for the bombs Mitch will be dropping on the Packers on opening day

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Mama Santa's
It was odd to hear Mac take a live dump on Larry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
TomPretty wrote:
It was odd to hear Mac take a live dump on Larry
HEY HEY!!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:33 pm 

What is this about? Is the podcast up yet?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
less than 2 years in and mac is disgruntled? shocking.... has this happened before? maybe parkins will take a vacation again and mac will spend time each hour taking veiled shots at him (like he did last time)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

I was in my car and heard this live.

You guys are horse shit when explaining shit. When you start a thread like this, EXPLAIN IT.

During tranny, Mac asked Larry who the engineer was. Because he noticed the sound was bad from the Cubs players he was interviewing at the start of the show.

Mitch was listening. Mitch, being the guy that he is, who is scared of conflicts and problems, called in immediately. He usually buries his head in the sand when trouble comes. But an alarm went off in his head this time and he called in to say the engineer was a great guy and is good at his job. He felt he had to put this fire out quickly. Mac shot back at him about how it wasn't a good job.

I like this shit. Mitch said it's not good radio. Wrong. It was funny and entertaining. Different. How much time can you spend discussing why the Cubs suck on the road?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
The way Mac pissed on Holmes show at the end of transition was pretty shitty. Mac clearly had an axe to grind, which he admitted to 20 minutes later, during the open of his and Parkin’s show.

Coming back from a week plus vacation and then being all cunty his first 10 minutes on the air was not a good look.

Gratitude fades quickly in an addict that still uses.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Crick Ramp wrote:
The way Mac pissed on Holmes show at the end of transition was pretty shitty. Mac clearly had an axe to grind, which he admitted to 20 minutes later, during the open of his and Parkin’s show.

Coming back from a week plus vacation and then being all cunty his first 10 minutes on the air was not a good look.

Gratitude fades quickly in an addict that still uses.

Mac said he's had a problem with engineers for a while. And he's discussed it with bosses off the air for a long time. I think he felt he had to call this shit out on the air. It reached a boiling point with him,

I don't care what people at the SCORE think. It was funny and entertaining radio. Which is the goal of doing radio.

Better then this shit....

Larry: Jason, you're great.

Goff: Thanks playa, you're great too.

Who wants to hear that shit?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:45 pm 

I listened to the podcast. I enjoyed it. I don't see any problem. Mac gets criticized for being on cruise control, not engaged.....now people will criticize him for throwing his weight around too much. It is all horseshit. Mac is the realest guy at the station and I like when he gets feisty over things.

The part I found odd was Mitchs reaction of calling in. Has that ever happened before? I don't recall it. He seemed to want to squelch things real quick, which does not make much sense. A little controversy or hosts irked brings them attention and attention in radio is what you want.

Would be great if Mac were to check in and expand on things.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I've never heard Mitch call over this type of situation. It was odd.

Mac likes the shows to sound as good as possible and I think it's a pet peeve of his when they don't because of something that can be controlled. But, what do I know.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Peoria Matt wrote:
I've never heard Mitch call over this type of situation. It was odd.

Mac likes the shows to sound as good as possible and I think it's a pet peeve of his when they don't because of something that can be controlled. But, what do I know.

What do you know?
The fuckin text line. That's for damn sure.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:32 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
:lol:

Touche.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:51 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Mitch probably called in because he got an earful from Larry.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:39 am 

RFDC wrote:
I listened to the podcast. I enjoyed it. I don't see any problem. Mac gets criticized for being on cruise control, not engaged.....now people will criticize him for throwing his weight around too much. It is all horseshit. Mac is the realest guy at the station and I like when he gets feisty over things.

The part I found odd was Mitchs reaction of calling in. Has that ever happened before? I don't recall it. He seemed to want to squelch things real quick, which does not make much sense. A little controversy or hosts irked brings them attention and attention in radio is what you want.

Would be great if Mac were to check in and expand on things.

Yep.

Mitch called in because Sir has always been his guy. Mitch would be having Sir in the drive time slot if any metric justified the move.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:18 am 
1000 CLUB

I knew this before I heard the exchange but it made it clear to everybody.

Mac is Mitch's boss. Despite Mitch's title.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Maybe Mac asked hi main guy Decastro to let Mitch stick around and Mac flaunts it here and there? Myself it was a little uncomfortable like Mac picked the wrong spot.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: State Line
I for one can't believe Mac would be in a bad mood when it's been many months since either the Hawks or Bears played a meaningful game.

But, I hope he's ok. He's still the best host the Score has currently by a light year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:08 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Yeah, Mitch is probably faster to protect engineers than he is most of the Score's fungible buttmonkeys.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:27 pm 

Exile on Route 41 wrote:
I for one can't believe Mac would be in a bad mood when it's been many months since either the Hawks or Bears played a meaningful game.

But, I hope he's ok. He's still the best host the Score has currently by a light year.

Just curious, how you objectively justify him being light years ahead of other hosts...

Him being your personal favorite is not an issue since personal preference is not arguable.

Taking nostalgia and resume off the table, though, what specifically makes him light years above other hosts? He doesn’t have the interview skills of Holmes or the passion of Parkins. Not saying they are better overall but there’s not a single category where objectively I can think Mac is the league leader.

To be clear, I was a huge fan of his work 10-15 years ago but he’s past his prime and not only knows it....but he’s content with it. I mean, hey, collect the paycheck my man if someone is willing to cut it, but he’s middle of the road these days. That’s it

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Wow! A trip back to when the score was honest , up front, and was a must listen. This is why you've got to love Mac even though he can be a prick. Parkins was like a scared turtle sticking his head in and out of its the shell. He made a strong effort to disconnect himself from the criticism. This in-show dirty laundry airing was commonplace on the old must listen score. It was refreshing to hear a glimpse of honesty in the bombardment of fake Cubs talk.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:26 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Wow! A trip back to when the score was honest , up front, and was a must listen. This is why you've got to love Mac even though he can be a prick. Parkins was like a scared turtle sticking his head in and out of its the shell. He made a strong effort to disconnect himself from the criticism. This in-show dirty laundry airing was commonplace on the old must listen score. It was refreshing to hear a glimpse of honesty in the bombardment of fake Cubs talk.

Parkins annoys me in several ways, the way he says Im-por-dant. His self righteousness. Etc.

But I didn’t hear a scared Parkins yesterday. I heard an annoyed Parkins. An attempt to defer to Mac out of reverence and an attempt to respect the previous show. He was in the definition of a lose - lose.

Mac on the other hand just sounded petty.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Larry's the lead in to Mac's show. I get why he wouldn't want people switching stations simply because the broadcast sound isn't good.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:26 pm 

August Schell wrote:
Larry's the lead in to Mac's show. I get why he wouldn't want people switching stations simply because the broadcast sound isn't good.

Yeah cuz that’s how listening habits work in 2019.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Geraci's
I am generally a fan of Mac, mainly because he has more personality and honesty than the other hosts, but that seemed like an ill-timed crap in Larry's lap.

I thought Mac was sober, but I guess that's not true. As someone who has experience with it, there's no such thing as 'kind of sober.'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Crick Ramp wrote:
August Schell wrote:

Yeah cuz that’s how listening habits work in 2019.

Maybe not for you, but I'm in the car all day and have switched channels for simply that reason.

That said, I typically listen to a bit of Larry's show and haven't noticed a lot of difference from the other scores shows.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Why can't I find this on the 670 website?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:

Maybe Rosen ordered this shit to be shut down. Gotta always pretend that life is paradise at the SCORE. Always pretend that everybody likes each other.

Like was said earlier, it was always better radio when the guys fought and hated each other. Which was the SCORE in the 1990s.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:36 pm 

Franky T wrote:

The transition with Laurence and hour one of Mac and Parkins are on itunes and the radio.com app.

No conspiracy afoot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:41 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I've always liked Mac, he's an honest dude.. He likes awful music( Boston, Alice Cooper, Doobie Bros) etc... But he's an honest hillbilly.. He yearns for his wife to be cucked( gay) he meat gazes in the locker room( gay) but he's our homo. .. And hes honest.