It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:01 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Mac dropped an interesting nugget when they were talking about Boomer Esiason joining them as a Bears expert. It think he said something about meeting Boomer for the first time and that Boomer instantly liked Mac after he said that Jiggs, "has a hard time making speech". Wonder why we never hear the ex-producers give any information about the dislike between the two.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
He’s talked about it before. Jiggetts left the show an hour early to do tv. It caused tension. Jiggetts was also not the fit Boers was.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Yes, there was an understanding that it was not a good fit, but never heard him directly mentioned how bad Jiggs was at radio, that he couldn't even form cogent sports thoughts. Interesting that none of the producers, who have all kinds of stories about Murph, have nothing about this the Jiggs/Mac time period.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Dan's covered this more than enough times. He liked Jiggs as a guy, but as a radio partner it was a horrible match. I'm pretty sure there isn't a person anywhere in Chicago that has a bad thing to say about Jiggs as a person.

Let's not over complicate this one. It's pretty simple.

I actually didn't hate the show....I liked HFC better and I do think that Gleason royally screwed Mac out of that whole shake-up....but I liked the show.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
What time were Mac and Jiggets on? Was it 4-6 or something odd like that? I heard very little it as I was usually at work and unable to listen at the time. From the little bit I do recall, though, it sounded like everyone describes -- not a good pairing for either host.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:52 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Tad Queasy wrote:
What time were Mac and Jiggets on? Was it 4-6 or something odd like that? I heard very little it as I was usually at work and unable to listen at the time. From the little bit I do recall, though, it sounded like everyone describes -- not a good pairing for either host.

On one of the Mac/Boers reunion shows they laid out the Program Director Mike North schedule as:

5-8: Murph and Fred
8-noon: Boers and Bernstein
noon-4: solo North
4-8: Mac and Jiggetts

The idea presumably being that North could straddle middays and afternoons, holding on to his old audience but getting a piece of afternoon drive as well.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: State Line
Yep. Terrible memories of waking up hungover to Murph's annoying ass voice on my alarm clock in college. Then North wanted mornings to argue politics with Anne Maxfield.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:59 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
How strange that North's demand to reshape the schedule to his liking is what got Dan Bernstein his big break. One FOTS begets another.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: State Line
And Bernstein begat Parkins as FOTS by likewise letting his ego get out of control and being too political on air, albeit at the opposite end of the spectrum from North.