It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Listen to it when the put it on the podcast. Silky D taking a blowtorch to the beloved.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:07 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Peoria Matt wrote:
Listen to it when the put it on the podcast. Silky D taking a blowtorch to the beloved.

Silky takes a blow torch to everyone.

That's who he is. That's what he does.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
OK. I guess my analysis was correct. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

Peoria Matt wrote:
OK. I guess my analysis was correct. Thanks.

Don't get me wrong, there is plenty to torch the Beloved about.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:58 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:

That he's never been one of the often promoted 85 Bears was an acknowledgement of the fact that he never cared for Ditka or the organization, and that they never cared for him much either.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Very bitter. Alleging that Ditka bet money on the game was pretty low. Come with actual proof or STFU.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:13 pm 

Nas wrote:
Very bitter. Alleging that Ditka bet money on the game was pretty low. Come with actual proof or STFU.

I wonder if Ditka poached a commercial from him, just like he did with the O line.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Regular Reader wrote:
I wonder if Ditka poached a commercial from him, just like he did with the O line.
Speaking of very bitter....

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:15 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Speaking of very bitter....

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

I think he's pissed because he hasn't been able to eat like a lot of those guys. I'm sure Ditka probably did steal a deal from him. You would also rather pay Ditka to push your product or service.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
This is how a lot of ex pro athletes talked before pussy pc scaredy cat days. If someone now is honest they're labeled negative. He's just being brutally unfiltered honest about his Bear's days. This is Mac territory. Parkins should be at the coffee counter checking his Twitter stock. Mac should be solo for great stuff like this. With the scores sister station wbbm tied at the hip with the Bears interesting something like this Bears honest got put on the air at the score.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:38 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

That he's never been one of the often promoted 85 Bears was an acknowledgement of the fact that he never cared for Ditka or the organization, and that they never cared for him much either.

Total bullshit.

Unhappy people that are bitter and jealous are tough to market.

He's a perpetual victim. Of himself.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:10 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Total bullshit.

Is there a reason you seem to be taking this personally?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:46 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Total bullshit.

Is there a reason the unfortunate truth about Dennis lead you to try and change the subject of the thread?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:49 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Total bullshit.

Is there a reason the unfortunate truth about Dennis lead you to try and change the subject of the thread?

I don't think about, nor was I a big fan of the guy. I clearly know part of the history and was chiming in to possibly illustrate what may be one his motives. You're the one hyperbolically calling my characterization of both sides total bullshit and wrongly claiming that I'm trying to change the subject.

I think as little of McKinnon as I do the Bears organization and the McCaskey family in their team ownership capacity. Your personal fondness for Aunt Ginny has you over your skis on this one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
vitoscotti wrote:
This is how a lot of ex pro athletes talked before pussy pc scaredy cat days. If someone now is honest they're labeled negative. He's just being brutally unfiltered honest about his Bear's days. This is Mac territory. Parkins should be at the coffee counter checking his Twitter stock. Mac should be solo for great stuff like this. With the scores sister station wbbm tied at the hip with the Bears interesting something like this Bears honest got put on the air at the score.

God you sound old.

Tell me, do those blue pills have a flavor or is the coating taste neutral?

Ya ancient fuck

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:48 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Total bullshit.

I don't think about, nor was I a big fan of the guy. I clearly know part of the history and was chiming in to possibly illustrate what may be one his motives. You're the one hyperbolically calling my characterization of both sides total bullshit and wrongly claiming that I'm trying to change the subject.

I think as little of McKinnon as I do the Bears organization and the McCaskey family in their team ownership capacity. Your personal fondness for Aunt Ginny has you over your skis on this one.

Sorry, that's not correct either. You must have missed my response above to PM.

I agree with Nas' sentiments. If you level that type of accusation against anyone, you should bring some evidence or just STFU.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Crick Ramp wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

God you sound old.

Tell me, do those blue pills have a flavor or is the coating taste neutral?

Ya ancient fuck

Ah you're all shaken up because a nerves been struck. Cry your eyes out big pussy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:08 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Total bullshit.

I agree with Nas' sentiments. If you level that type of accusation against anyone, you should bring some evidence or just STFU.

Exactly what part the disdain they both share for each other that I noted are you missing? Neither sides were particularly easy to root for and as you yourself noted, there was plenty to torch.

I have had no comment on or insight into his gambling allegations, I'll simply state that I have no interest in or care for any of the relevant parties. Or his new allegations afaik.

Frankly it's my distaste for all of them that has me not caring for the franchise one bit for well over thirty years now. And my feelings about Ditka are well known here, so I'll just see my way out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:19 pm 

I listened to it. Not impressed. He came off like a bitter old dude that is mad that so many other guys got popular and he didn't. I don't believe that Ditka had a bet on Frig to score a TD. I will agree with him that the offense from those days was underappreciated.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
I listened to it. Not impressed. He came off like a bitter old dude that is mad that so many other guys got popular and he didn't. I don't believe that Ditka had a bet on Frig to score a TD. I will agree with him that the offense from those days was underappreciated.

Have there been whispers about this for years ? I’ve never heard of it until now . You’d think with as many people Ditka has pissed off over the years that actual dirt would be dug up by now and not just an unfounded accusation by an embittered ex-player . How the fuck would he know ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:33 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Have their been whispers about this for years ? I’ve never heard of it until now . You’d think with as many people Ditka has losses off over the years that actual sort would be dug up by now and not just an unfounded accusation by an embittered ex-player . How the fuck would he know ?

yeah good point...something like that would not be kept quiet for all these years. When the boys questioned him on it his reply was basically "I was there, don't question me"

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:37 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Silky D! We haven't seen an 85 Bear alum take this big of shot since Dave Duerson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:02 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Sounded very bitter. Seems like he really likes Bears fans after complaining that he had to sit in the end zone with drunk fans. Took some unnecessary shots at Singletary.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:06 am 

RFDC wrote:

I loved Silky D as a player. He was the anti Gault. Tough WR. I just looked up his numbers and was shocked at the YPC. He was much more of a deep threat than I remember.

but...45 catches and 704 yards as career highs for a season as a secondary WR does not exactly command memorialization.

I thought the team was committed to doing better for their former players with the whole "C Alum" identification they provide to every guy. He always had an edge but I seem to recall that he had a knee injury in his last year that wasn't treated well by the team and shortened his career.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:57 am 

IIRC, McKinnon also had issues with Bobby Bowden down at Florida St. which may have been a reason why McKinnon was never drafted and picked up as a free agent with the Bears.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I loved Silky D as a player. He was the anti Gault. Tough WR. I just looked up his numbers and was shocked at the YPC. He was much more of a deep threat than I remember.

but...45 catches and 704 yards as career highs for a season as a secondary WR does not exactly command memorialization.

I thought the team was committed to doing better for their former players with the whole "C Alum" identification they provide to every guy. He always had an edge but I seem to recall that he had a knee injury in his last year that wasn't treated well by the team and shortened his career.

Willie Gault was a track runner with below average hands. He was highly overrated. McKinnon was way more valuable. WR weren't really that important to that team. Defense scoring, running the ball....THEN maybe you think about passing.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Listened to the podcast. Obvious jealous issues. We all know people like this. I believe zero of what he says(and I am not a Ditka fan) and can't imagine anyone buying his book.

Total sour grapes, basically the type of person who blames everyone for everything in his life.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Pretty hard to miss out on the 85 Bears gravy train. Like almost impossible unless you’re a real shithead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Total bullshit.

Regular Reader wrote:
Exactly what part the disdain they both share for each other that I noted are you missing? Neither sides were particularly easy to root for and as you yourself noted, there was plenty to torch.

I have had no comment on or insight into his gambling allegations, I'll simply state that I have no interest in or care for any of the relevant parties. Or his new allegations afaik.

Frankly it's my distaste for all of them that has me not caring for the franchise one bit for well over thirty years now. And my feelings about Ditka are well known here, so I'll just see my way out.

You are a lawyer.

What part about McKinnon slandering Ditka are you missing?

Or do you believe it's OK because to publicly slander people if you don't like them?