It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Sounds great...I almost drove off the road as he and Mac reminisced over the Tommy Williams/Ayrton Senna announcement.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:52 pm 

Put him in midday and they shut down 1000.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Did they hammer him on his bears super bowl pick?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I think Terry brought it up. He said he didn't feel so bad after he heard Parkins bet on Mitch to win MVP.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
If only Terry didn't get sick, maybe Parkins would still be in Kansas City.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Burts place
I'm sure Douchebag was listening.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Bababooey wrote:
I'm sure Douchebag was listening.

Great show today.

Yup.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:04 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:

I still like my Boers and/or Bernstein and/or McNeil concept. The Fabulous Freebirds of sports talk. The further down the block you went, the weirder, badder, and gayer it got.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Regular Reader wrote:

Definitely not.

Terry is a sputtering fool. A legend. But he’s washed in a full time role

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:25 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Definitely not.

Terry's quality even though he's getting older towers over limp dick pussies like Parkins and Speigel who shouldn't be tinkering in male sports with their leanings.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
TRIGGERED

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:30 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I'd like to think Terry could handle three hours for two or three days a week for part of the year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:05 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
I'd like to think Terry could handle three hours for two or three days a week for part of the year.

I think Terry would be able to handle what he did today once a week. That is about it outside of a couple day run when someone is on vacation.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:12 am 
1000 CLUB

I heard it.

Let's be honest. Terry is officially "Bat shit crazy" now. He was close to this a couple of years ago with Bernstein at the end of their run. Now he crossed that border.

So, no. He shouldn't be on the radio.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:30 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
conns7901 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I think Terry would be able to handle what he did today once a week. That is about it outside of a couple day run when someone is on vacation.

This. He isn't as invested in sports anymore, even when he was fulltime. Vacation and holiday fill-ins are perfect for him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:47 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
He could be what Greg Cote of the Miami Herald is on Dan LeBatard's ESPN show - the dottering old man who used to know about sports but now just shows up to be old. Does a segment called "Back in My Day."

He is on most Tuesdays, and the occasional vacation fill in for a day or two next to Stugotz.

Terry would work in that role if it was once a month, like the first Tuesday. But he's have to be in studio, which might be a challenge in the winter when he probably doesn't want to leave Tampa or Sarasota or wherever he lives down there.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:07 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Definitely not.

Terry's quality even though he's getting older towers over limp dick pussies like Parkins and Speigel who shouldn't be tinkering in male sports with their leanings.

You sound like such a homo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:49 am 

Terry sounded great. He said he was having some doctor visits so these times talking with Mac must be therapeutic. Mac multiple times tried to include Parkins giving lead-ins like you'd give to an intern. Terry is on the air so infrequently and Parkins has the balls in a short visit to bring up his wife is pregnant trying to steer the conversation in his direction.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
The moment I was referring to starts at around the 14 minute mark:

https://670thescore.radio.com/media/aud ... fun-hour-2

Brought back some good memories.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:06 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Terry sounded great. He said he was having some doctor visits so these times talking with Mac must be therapeutic. Mac multiple times tried to include Parkins giving lead-ins like you'd give to an intern. Terry is on the air so infrequently and Parkins has the balls in a short visit to bring up his wife is pregnant trying to steer the conversation in his direction.

Jesus you really have a mega hard on for Parkins don’t ya?

I interpreted that as Parkins just giving a softball to express gratitude and humanize the segment a bit, not steal the spotlight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:45 am 

Beardown wrote:
I heard it.

Let's be honest. Terry is officially "Bat shit crazy" now. He was close to this a couple of years ago with Bernstein at the end of their run. Now he crossed that border.

So, no. He shouldn't be on the radio.

You're an idiot.

Terry was great. Funny stuff

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
terry is the best. always great to hear him and mac on air together. thanks for posting he was on air, listened to and enjoyed the podcast.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:51 pm 

PC sjw Parkins looked the other way when meal ticket Mac & Terry used their dumb slave black Tommy Williams voice.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Always interesting to revisit the incredibly acrimonious relationship Terry had with Ditka. Don't think the younger listeners will ever understand how entertaining the score used to be when hosts, guests, and callers were allowed to openly challenge each other on air. Terry brings back some great memories, but doubt he has the interest or energy to do anything more than a few fill in shows a year at this point. Did enjoy his honesty in discussing the guilt he feels for missing out on a lot with his kids growing up as he was climbing the media ladder, most of us that have kids relate to that as we gain perspective in our lives.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
When Mac brought back Terry for the three day run, it was good radio, but it still wasn't B&B. I think Terry is best as a second in command, not a show driver, and with Mac he had a tendency to talk a bit too much. But that's splitting hairs. I'll listen today to the podcast, didn't realize he was on this week.

Terry could totally do a show every day. Just not five hours worth.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:31 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Always interesting to revisit the incredibly acrimonious relationship Terry had with Ditka. Don't think the younger listeners will ever understand how entertaining the score used to be when hosts, guests, and callers were allowed to openly challenge each other on air. Terry brings back some great memories, but doubt he has the interest or energy to do anything more than a few fill in shows a year at this point. Did enjoy his honesty in discussing the guilt he feels for missing out on a lot with his kids growing up as he was climbing the media ladder, most of us that have kids relate to that as we gain perspective in our lives.

A guy with a four hour work day has regrets about missing family things....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccckkk!

The only thing his job would have prevented is a few weekday high school baseball games. His weekends were free. His mornings and early afternoons were free. His evening were free.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good dolphin wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

A guy with a four hour work day has regrets about missing family things....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccckkk!

The only thing his job would have prevented is a few weekday high school baseball games. His weekends were free. His mornings and early afternoons were free. His evening were free.

He moved to Detroit. It's all in the book!

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
good dolphin wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

You may want to listen to the podcast, apparently the entire part about him living away from his young family was missed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:05 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Boers has been checked out on sports for at least a decade.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:51 am 
1000 CLUB

Good Dolphin doesn't understand what Boers was saying. He was talking about the newspaper days. Where he was living in Detroit while the wife and kids were in Detroit.

Don't worry Terry, the kids were better off with you not around them. It would have been worse for them had you been.