It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
its about pay, I have no idea what he was talking about. Reaching a milestone of some sort of pay and Parkins said he was gonna only share with his wife? Anyone else catch this and have any idea what he was talking about? Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Seems like he passes 500k, 750k or 1M for the year. Though they said it wasn’t a “mill”Stone.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Awesome! Let's brag about income!

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
I was only half paying attention but it sounded like they were talking about the amount Parkins would take to stop broadcasting on the Score. I have no idea what led to that discussion.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Darkside wrote:

Shots fired at Dennis.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:03 pm 

Ok, I got who you guys got. About income. Mac said he still hasnt reached that milestone. I work in the financial business and have had better years than others and have reached a higher income, but I have never heard this talk or putting it in my phone?
I have never said, hey honey I reached 500K this year, lets celebrate.

I have gotten bonuses and have celebrated, but it was very confusing cause Mac who has done this in Chicago for years hasnt reachded it, but Parkins who is what, late 20s/early 30s has in radio?

I know a few select make crazy money in radio, but that is national a litteraly a few(i.e. Stern, Rush, etc)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:21 pm 

cookie23 wrote:
Ok, I got who you guys got. About income. Mac said he still hasnt reached that milestone. I work in the financial business and have had better years than others and have reached a higher income, but I have never heard this talk or putting it in my phone?
I have never said, hey honey I reached 500K this year, lets celebrate.

I have gotten bonuses and have celebrated, but it was very confusing cause Mac who has done this in Chicago for years hasnt reachded it, but Parkins who is what, late 20s/early 30s has in radio?

I know a few select make crazy money in radio, but that is national a litteraly a few(i.e. Stern, Rush, etc)

Actually Mac said Perkins got there two years earlier than he did. They bot seemed to say it was a million as in lifetime. I assume it’s a large year end total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:29 pm 

Mac isn't making anything close to what he was making 15 years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Shots fired at Dennis.

Lol my first year with the mill stone. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:00 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Shots fired at Dennis.

Is Dennis in the purple Polo club as well? Asking for the CFMB keeper of the golden flame, Dr. Ken.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:23 pm 

A mil in a lifetime? People do this? I have never heard anyone say this and Mac was asking like it was common knowledge and saw number on his phone.

I am curious what Parkins says to his wife? Hey hunny, lets celebrate, I have calculated all my money made since college and we hit the 500, 1 mil, 2 mil, etc mark?

Just weird. Again celebrating a big bonus, got it. A new contract, got it. Never heard of this.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:20 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Doesn't matter, people that make large sums of money are often just as broke, or even more broke than everyone else because they usually end up spending way more to live the lifestyle (nice cars, clothes, expensive housing, vacations) they think they deserve. Most of the time the farmer driving an old beat up pickup truck is better off financially. Guessing that Parkins came from money which helps alleviate many of life's "start up costs" (funding education, housing, child care), Mac sounds like a self made guy meaning he had to build wealth, which is hard to do early on when you're raising kids, usually not until later when you sit down with your financial people do you start to look at building a nest egg to pass down so your kids can start a little better than you.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:33 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Mac isn't making anything close to what he was making 15 years ago.

He didn't say he was. He was happy Parkins was progressing faster than he had back then.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:30 am 

Sir topped Parkins' lifetime earnings in just one year of work.

The height for local sports talk was North earning about 1.75 million. However, he couldn't supplement with an endowed professorship at De Paul.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:34 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Shots fired at Dennis.

Is Dennis in the purple Polo club as well? Asking for the CFMB keeper of the golden flame, Dr. Ken.

Hahaha, I am still old school enough where I have never and will never wear pink or purple.

I have a full closet of polos, all banana republic. I like yellows, greens, oranges, gray, and blue. I also saw that Wranglers are Trump voters, and Levi’s are Liberals. Well, I have always worn Levi’s. So I guess Libertarians like SF jeans.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:35 am 

I don't begrudge Parkins any coin that he makes. The guy is a hustler. He works at least six days a week, including Sunday nights. He tries to make side money with his disturbing sexual tastes. He certainly doesn't rest on his laurels, even though he probably has more than enough after not having to pay for kids.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:42 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I don't begrudge Parkins any coin that he makes. The guy is a hustler. He works at least six days a week, including Sunday nights. He tries to make side money with his disturbing sexual tastes. He certainly doesn't rest on his laurels, even though he probably has more than enough after not having to pay for kids.

Agree. He comes to work with the fire and passion. He seems like a degenerate on many levels. But he is a welcome addition to the Chicago sports talk scene.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:53 am 

good dolphin wrote:

One thing that came out od yesterday's segment was he was counting all of his ancillary cash along with WSCR cash.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:18 am 

denisdman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Agree. He comes to work with the fire and passion. He seems like a degenerate on many levels. But he is a welcome addition to the Chicago sports talk scene.

Maybe it's going to change when chlld #1 gets here, but I like the guy quite a bit now.

Honestly, there's been a welcome change over the last couple of years . Younger personalities are embracing not just numbers, but are openly enjoying watching the games and actually conversing with the guys they cover. It's almost like things are coming full circle.

In full disclosure, I just got finished listening to a longer podcast featuring one of my more recent favorites, Mina Kimes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:27 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
denisdman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Maybe it's going to change when chlld #1 gets here, but I like the guy quite a bit now.

Honestly, there's been a welcome change over the last couple of years . Younger personalities are embracing not just numbers, but are openly enjoying watching the games and actually conversing with the guys they cover. It's almost like things are coming full circle.

In full disclosure, I just got finished listening to a longer podcast featuring one of my more recent favorites, Mina Kimes.

You do make a good point that maybe guys like Parkins are necessary. Mainly because they have interest and time to watch games etc. I am convinced that is why guys like Bernsie became metrics and twitter addicts because they no longer had to watch. It is not easy to talk a whole league let alone four without watching a lot.

Unfortunately there are not more talented guys that have that time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
good dolphin wrote:

I don't think Parkins does CBS radio on Sunday nights any more.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:40 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I don't think Parkins does CBS radio on Sunday nights any more.

I think he said he was getting more time and money from the Sunday wrap up. Whichever one he does.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Regular Reader wrote:

Has he changed? I thought he was a little boring when the show started.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:21 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Has he changed? I thought he was a little boring when the show started.

He's a long way from riveting, but he clearly enjoys all aspects of his job, which comes across when not stuck to obsessing over line play ad nauseam.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Agreed. Also have to consider the rest of the talent pool. Parkins may not be THAT riveting, but he's a hell of a lot more interesting then the rest of his colleagues.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:01 pm 

He's fun. That's something that the station lost while Bernstein was FOTS. Even fun guys like drinky and Goff changed to fit in.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Parkins projected he'd make 8 figures in his media career, so that windfall would allow him to quit working. Prediction- Parkins will fall much short of 10 million earnings before he's fired, in the poor house from gambling, and working on a garbage truck, or flipping burgers. When radio big money dies, his looks are too shocking for tv work or any sports video streaming.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:54 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Maybe he got one of those statements showing your Social Security "savings" from your career earnings and how much you theoretically would have gotten if Social Security still existed when you retired.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Given the chance, Parkins will go SJW-LITE. It's up to management to keep him in line. Beyond that, his pitching of tent for Mahomes and all things Andy Reid is beyond annoying. The more you listen to Parkins, the less you're going to like him. You can have strong opinions without you and only you always being right.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
he doesn't have the requisite boomer fire and passion. I don't think he gives a fuck about any of the teams. Maybe the Chiefs.