It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
A full hour was spend on the Golden Globes yesterday and Parkins/Mac, more Parkins had to be playing dumb on Ricky Gervais monologue on using a platform.

Shep and CT got it easily, he was talking about actors who are hypocrites and just bash Trump. I am not a Trump guy, doesnt mean I am not friends with people who are.

They kept going over using platform for good causes, why would Gervais be against that. No one is against that. Gervais is a liberal, I am a liberal, and there are just as many liberals who can't stand/ just ignore the Hollywood, Bernstein's, twitter far left etc. for they are a joke. All they do is virtue signal everything and are hypocrites.

No one has their sh*t together, people of all politics unless fringe hate the lecturing.

I just don't get the confusion, a weird bit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I finally watched the Gervais monologue on you tube. Was great. My favorite line was when he said we are all gonna die and there is no sequel so fuck off.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:54 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
pittmike wrote:
I finally watched the Gervais monologue on you tube. Was great. My favorite line was when he said we are all gonna die and there is no sequel so fuck off.

He's stealing my bit! Did u know that he's an atheist?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:34 pm 

I listed to a bit of the podcast today and you’re absolutely right. Mac got it too, it definitely seemed like he was just coasting and not challenging Parkins.

It was an embarrassing bit of radio by Parko

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tom Hanks reaction to the opening monologue was embarrassing to him. He's a guy that makes jokes. He was shocked that he and the other Hollywood people were being attacked. I loved the monologue. And fuck the Hollywood guys and girls.

Just take it guys. He was right. You people have no idea what the real world is like. Good for you. I don't begrudge you. But you don't know. Cuz it sucks. You might have known what it was like when you were younger and not famous. But you forgot. And then some of the silver spooners like Gwyneth Palthrow have never known what the real world is like.

So make your movies. Make your millions. And shut up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:39 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I listed to a bit of the podcast today and you’re absolutely right. Mac got it too, it definitely seemed like he was just coasting and not challenging Parkins.

Agreed on everything. I think Parkins has a complex kinda like Bernstein of growing up with money, having every advantage, and he almost doubles down on the whole woke thing.

That said, Parkins is a kid and 1/10th of Bernstein has become. Bernstein has become a total joke and irrevelant, Parkins has a bright future ahead.

I know Mac reads this from time to time, but Danny P don't apologize about growing up being privledged. I grew up middle class and I feel I have way more advantages than so many people from that. Be thankful and keep going.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:49 am 

I don't think Gervais is liberal.

I am just thankful we live in a society where Michelle Williams was able to get an abortion at a time when a child would have been inconvenient to her career. Can you imagine what we would have lost if she had to both take care of a child AND work a few weeks each year? The strain would have absolutely killed Heath Ledger.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
good dolphin wrote:
I don't think Gervais is liberal.

His guy is Jeremy Corbyn. I'm not all into UK politics, but isn't he the liberal poster child over there?

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:23 am 

Tribune has been pushing this last couple days. Have reposted this tweet about 4 times in various forms .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
FavreFan wrote:

Mac likely takes the approach many take when working with self appointed SJW's, let them rant until they feel like they have validated themselves emotionally by defending the group they perceive to be wronged, ignore them, and move on to another subject. It's more comfortable for them emotionally to be a part of SJW group think than to have to synthesize radically different viewpoints from people that have different real world experiences. A boring world where everyone thinks/knows/feels that same thing about everything, they are welcome to it