All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Push Gifts
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Spaulding wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
What kills me is the educated stay-at-home feminist Moms. There are some in my neighborhood that have law degrees and wore Hillary attire in 2016. They rail on men, misogyny, Trump, patriarchy, etc.

They don’t work outside the home, but have time for lunches with friends, yoga, bible study, tennis, etc. I think most have cleaning services.

So they are actually living like it’s 1956 and putting all the financial burden on their husbands, but pretend to be woke.

Why does staying at home prevent them from advocating or protesting against those causes.

I find it hypocritical.

Those women should probably house alone and not try to find any ways to fill their time unless it's related to deifying their husband in some way. Their education is completely worthless shoulda kept em dumb I suppose.

This.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Hatchetman wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
What kills me is the educated stay-at-home feminist Moms. There are some in my neighborhood that have law degrees and wore Hillary attire in 2016. They rail on men, misogyny, Trump, patriarchy, etc.

are you hanging out with them? How do you know all this?

There are women like this. And it’s more than you think. I don’t think the third wave of feminism was good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Spaulding wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

are you hanging out with them? How do you know all this?

There are women like this. And it’s more than you think. I don’t think the third wave of feminism was good.

I was joking with my “this” comment. I know this because I do hang out with them at social events, and my wife also tells me.

There is value in all education. I have daughters, and they will go to college. What I find difficult to accept are women that are living off of the same system (man as the breadwinner) that they seem to despise.

We get about 10 Christmas letters each year—the ones where people update you on their lives over the past year. Only one, and it’s the same person each year, thanks her husband for all of his hard work so the family can enjoy all the vacations and activities she just told us about.

If I were a stay at home Dad, I’d like to think I’d thank my wife for her hard work.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:13 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
I "watched" the kids for 4 nights last week and I was about ready to jump off a bridge by the final night.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Staying at home with kids is hard, working a job that supports a family is hard. It's not a competition unless you're a miserable asshole. For some extremely lucky people, working is easy and staying at home with kids is easy. Good for them

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:35 pm 

I agree and those decisions are usually made as afamily

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Nas....it's probably somewhere in the middle. I can only speak from my experience and the others I've witnessed.

My ex insisted on being a "stay at home Mom". She would call it a family decision, but it really was her decision. I'm not going to lie and say it didn't make things easier at times with the kids and having someone at home...it did, but overall it was a disaster. Because we were one income....there were limits on what we could afford to enroll kids in, so there wasn't a ton of driving and taxiing around. Obviously , that increases as they get older.

I can tell you my ex was messier than the kids were. For some reason she could never grasp the concept of cleaning up after yourselves as you go. She's lazy and unorganized. She was lazy and unorganized before we had kids. I woke up at 5:00 or 5:30 am.....went to work. Got home around 6. 4 out of 5 days, I came home and did dishes (mostly hers). She was also really great at throwing clothes in the washer, putting them in the dryer then stacking a nice pile on top of the dryer afterwards....so I was constantly putting clothes away. It was lost on her that clean clothes on a dirty floor equal....dirty clothes. Once a week or so she'd have a big production and clean the kitchen in where it could have been a 10 minute task if she would have simply put dishes in a dishwasher when done and thrown trash away.

I haven't even gotten to the days when I'd come home and she'd been drinking since 4:00. the best part of it all...most of the discussion when I'd get home wasn't "hey the kids did this...hey the kids did that." it was usually...."I want you to watch this....I saw it on Oprah".

My sanity immediately improved the day I told her I wanted a divorce. I spent PLENTY of days home with the kids...whether it was a weekend....or if she wasn't feeling well and I'd stay home. I covered plenty. I completely agree it's nothing I'd ever want to sign up for. She was the one that insisted. To this day....she still doesn't have what I'd call a real job. She's a teacher's Aid. works within 10 minutes of her house. 37.5 hours a week. No responsibilities outside of class and no summer hours. She lives off of my child support and subsidies from her family. She's pathetic. She never had any ambition to build any career....talked a big game.... but zero. She's a bum. I have zero issue helping cleaning house, doing laundry, cooking meals...my situation was heavily lopsided. It cost me a ton of money to get divorced...I'm still paying for another 29 months. It hurts, but it's been worth every fucking penny.

My sister was a stay at home Mom. she worked her ass off and approached it like it was her career. I completely agree it's not easy, but neither is a professional career out of the house. Nothing is. I have huge respect for my sister and how she manages her house.

Spaulding...you said it best some time ago in a different thread. Being a stay at home parent may be the best for the kids, but it may not be the best for the marriage. Very true.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:58 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
SpiralStairs wrote:
I "watched" the kids for 4 nights last week and I was about ready to jump off a bridge by the final night.
Why didn't you?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:03 am 

BigW72 wrote:
Nas....it's probably somewhere in the middle. I can only speak from my experience and the others I've witnessed.

My ex insisted on being a "stay at home Mom". She would call it a family decision, but it really was her decision. I'm not going to lie and say it didn't make things easier at times with the kids and having someone at home...it did, but overall it was a disaster. Because we were one income....there were limits on what we could afford to enroll kids in, so there wasn't a ton of driving and taxiing around. Obviously , that increases as they get older.

I can tell you my ex was messier than the kids were. For some reason she could never grasp the concept of cleaning up after yourselves as you go. She's lazy and unorganized. She was lazy and unorganized before we had kids. I woke up at 5:00 or 5:30 am.....went to work. Got home around 6. 4 out of 5 days, I came home and did dishes (mostly hers). She was also really great at throwing clothes in the washer, putting them in the dryer then stacking a nice pile on top of the dryer afterwards....so I was constantly putting clothes away. It was lost on her that clean clothes on a dirty floor equal....dirty clothes. Once a week or so she'd have a big production and clean the kitchen in where it could have been a 10 minute task if she would have simply put dishes in a dishwasher when done and thrown trash away.

I haven't even gotten to the days when I'd come home and she'd been drinking since 4:00. the best part of it all...most of the discussion when I'd get home wasn't "hey the kids did this...hey the kids did that." it was usually...."I want you to watch this....I saw it on Oprah".

My sanity immediately improved the day I told her I wanted a divorce. I spent PLENTY of days home with the kids...whether it was a weekend....or if she wasn't feeling well and I'd stay home. I covered plenty. I completely agree it's nothing I'd ever want to sign up for. She was the one that insisted. To this day....she still doesn't have what I'd call a real job. She's a teacher's Aid. works within 10 minutes of her house. 37.5 hours a week. No responsibilities outside of class and no summer hours. She lives off of my child support and subsidies from her family. She's pathetic. She never had any ambition to build any career....talked a big game.... but zero. She's a bum. I have zero issue helping cleaning house, doing laundry, cooking meals...my situation was heavily lopsided. It cost me a ton of money to get divorced...I'm still paying for another 29 months. It hurts, but it's been worth every fucking penny.

My sister was a stay at home Mom. she worked her ass off and approached it like it was her career. I completely agree it's not easy, but neither is a professional career out of the house. Nothing is. I have huge respect for my sister and how she manages her house.

Spaulding...you said it best some time ago in a different thread. Being a stay at home parent may be the best for the kids, but it may not be the best for the marriage. Very true.

She was lazy but she was probably also depressed. People need purpose and while sad? family doesn't always fill that. The more worthless you feel the harder it is to dig out of it and more trouble you get into.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Why didn't you?

Couldn't find a bridge.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:18 am 

Spaulding wrote:
She was lazy but she was probably also depressed. People need purpose and while sad? family doesn't always fill that. The more worthless you feel the harder it is to dig out of it and more trouble you get into.

I do agree with this and it does apply. Her life, her decisions. She never felt any kind of motivation to do anything with her life...before kids and after. Her parents were 180 degrees apart. Her Mom (who primarily raised her) was very successful. she took more after her father....someone who is a likable guy, but had very little ambition.

29 months to go and I'm done with her forever.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
When/how did you change your screen name WD?

Is that something we can do?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I used to be immessedup17...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:06 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
When/how did you change your screen name WD?

Is that something we can do?

No....the wisemen honored my request and updated it. For professional reasons I didn't really want my name and year of birth out there.

Yeah, I know...no one believes that...but that would be the truth. I'm guessing it's not something they want to make a habit out of.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:07 pm 

IMU wrote:

Yours should be:
NoReasonToBeVikingsFAn17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:08 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
IMU wrote:

Yours should be:
NoReasonToBeVikingsFAn17

Is your name John Kirk?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:10 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
IMU wrote:

Yours should be:
NoReasonToBeVikingsFAn17

Is your name John Kirk?

No it's actually Kent Dorfman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:07 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
IMU wrote:

Yours should be:
NoReasonToBeVikingsFAn17

Is your name John Kirk?

No it's actually Kent Dorfman

So what DO you know about sensitivity training?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:05 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
No....the wisemen honored my request and updated it. For professional reasons I didn't really want my name and year of birth out there.

Yeah, I know...no one believes that...but that would be the truth. I'm guessing it's not something they want to make a habit out of.

Are you keeping the same pronouns?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:32 am 

Spaulding wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

Are you keeping the same pronouns?

Because of my long hair, my Dad calls me Fuzzhead. Does that count as a pronoun?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
SpiralStairs wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Why didn't you?

Couldn't find a bridge.
Has anyone seen the bridge? Where’s that confounded bridge?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
IMU wrote:

Long live FavreFan86

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:00 am 

What if you buy a push gift but the baby ends up being delivered by cesarian section? No push was involved. Are we supposed to give out gifts for surgical procedures now?