All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Congrats Parkins
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Ok I am already done hearing about the Parkins kid. If this goes down the road like Goff, I will quit listening. You aren’t the only person with a kid, and I don’t care about your lack of sleep due to said child.

Not even a partial pass for the very premature nature of the kid?

They did an entire segment on his kid the other day. It was hot garbage. It’s the typical I am tired because he is doing the half the work of raising the kid. They let the kid lay on the table while they have dinner. He woke the kid up because he made too much noise in the room. The kid needs to be burped and have his diaper changed. Yeah, there’s seven billion people on the planet, and each one of them went through this.

You expect them to talk sports all day? There is always show filler and this is a time of year where a lot of filler is needed. Men talking about their kids is normal. Especially a new parent. A parent whose kid stayed in the hospital for month may discuss their miracle baby even more. The people make the show.

I expect him to talk about interesting things. I can already see we are going to get daily updates on something no one but him cares about.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
If they are trying to keep it at absolute silence when that kid is sleeping, God help them as the kid gets older. I'm not saying run the vacuum when its naptime, but there should be some sort of 'normal' household noise so he can get used to it.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I'm with denis. Fuck his kid. There is no way he's staying up with it at night either, he's too baked.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Marie's
Caller Bob wrote:
I'm with denis. Fuck his kid. There is no way he's staying up with it at night either, he's too baked.

Even beta Bob gets it. Quit trying to be Howard Stern and stick to sports.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Weird.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I never got the anger towards hosts talking about their kid.

Maybe if they were bragging about them being better than other kids, but not for dads (and first time dads) talking about mundanity of parenthood.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:54 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Maybe if they were bragging about them being better than other kids, but not for dads (and first time dads) talking about mundanity of parenthood.

As usual, Terry's peepee gets it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Bulls and Hawks suck, Cubs/Sox in spring training= not much sports talk. Listen to them on podcasts and skip ahead when they go down that road.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Terry's Peeps wrote:

The problem is it’s BORING. I think we all want hosts to sharing interesting and funny stories about their lives which are not sports-related but Parkins is just talking about his kid because it is interesting to him. I understand him being a new dad and all but it doesn’t change the fact that a 15-minute segment on his kid is rather boring. For the most part, talk of other people’s kids is not interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I think what some of you younger guys are missing is the personal connection. Seacrest (if he’s still talking to me), Jorr and Dolphin for instance can tell you how radio was when we were younger. In another angle Limbaugh is the same.

The hosts make you feel as if they are their friend or part of their family. Then you stay a loyal listener. Whether it’s Dahl’s kids and vasectomy or Mac’s Patrick and now Parkins. You get a human connection. It’s not more complicated than that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Marie's
DAC wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

The problem is it’s BORING. I think we all want hosts to sharing interesting and funny stories about their lives which are not sports-related but Parkins is just talking about his kid because it is interesting to him. I understand him being a new dad and all but it doesn’t change the fact that a 15-minute segment on his kid is rather boring. For the most part, talk of other people’s kids is not interesting.

Exactly. Key is making it interesting and/or funny. Stern was a master at this. Parkins sucks at it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:23 am 

DAC wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I get it.

15 minutes in a four hour show isn't a lot though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:24 am 

pittmike wrote:
I think what some of you younger guys are missing is the personal connection. Seacrest (if he’s still talking to me), Jorr and Dolphin for instance can tell you how radio was when we were younger. In another angle Limbaugh is the same.

The hosts make you feel as if they are their friend or part of their family. Then you stay a loyal listener. Whether it’s Dahl’s kids and vasectomy or Mac’s Patrick and now Parkins. You get a human connection. It’s not more complicated than that.

Exactly right mike.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Exactly right mike.

Yep. Mac talking about Patrick, or his Facebook posts when they are at event somewhere, are great. If I was ever to run into Mac somewhere, my first comment would probably be to please say hello to Patrick for me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:37 am 

pittmike wrote:

don't lump me in with you dusty codgers