It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Couldn't decide if he would take getting Kobe on the Bulls in 04 or 08 because it might have resulted in not getting Derrick Rose. Yes he actually said this.
This is a WWN bad basketball thought.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
I wonder if Mac longs for the days of MJH and 'B stories'...Parkins would wear me out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:05 pm 

I mean, the best DRose got you was an NBA conference finals appearance. With Kobe, the Bulls at least make 1 finals appearance, probably at least 1 title too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
This thread sucks. Just like caller bobs mom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Parkins lead off complaining about TMZ’s reporting and then went on about his struggle with Kobe’s legacy. Another guy who just couldn’t just celebrate Kobe for a day or two. It’s like he was trying to please the Twitter crowd by acknowledging his mixed feelings about Kobe.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:45 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:
This thread sucks.

Pro-tip...ex-producer of the Berstein and McKnight show isn't going to look that good on a resume.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Swung on and belted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Caller Bob wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
This thread sucks. Just like caller bobs mom

Pro-tip...ex-producer of the Berstein and McKnight show isn't going to look that good on a resume.

Methinks you quoted in err

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:33 pm 

I didn't, Rick.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
denisdman wrote:
Parkins lead off complaining about TMZ’s reporting and then went on about his struggle with Kobe’s legacy. Another guy who just couldn’t just celebrate Kobe for a day or two. It’s like he was trying to please the Twitter crowd by acknowledging his mixed feelings about Kobe.

Tmz breaks stories, they've got
Nothing to apologise for. Funny that these dipshits who can't put their phone down or get off Twitter complain about breaking news.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I notice Mac doesn't call Parkins the Scores "voice of the future" that Mitch forced him to say.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
312player wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Tmz breaks stories, they've got
Nothing to apologise for. Funny that these dipshits who can't put their phone down or get off Twitter complain about breaking news.

Exactly. Why would they hold back a major news story about a celebrity?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
So much for family being off limits

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:35 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
So much for family being off limits

It's Francis. The chromosomes, they ain't all there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:35 pm 

But let's get back to Parkins awful take..he literally couldn't decide between Kobe or DRose for the Bulls.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
It's almost like Parkins and many of the self appointed "Bulls Experts", have a D. Rose fetish and as Parkins says, "raise his number to the raptors". He had a few great years, but let it go. Parkins is made for national sports radio, surface takes on many issues, but no real depth on anything which becomes increasingly evident when working with Mac.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Clawmaster wrote:
It's almost like Parkins and many of the self appointed "Bulls Experts", have a D. Rose fetish and as Parkins says, "raise his number to the raptors". He had a few great years, but let it go. Parkins is made for national sports radio, surface takes on many issues, but no real depth on anything which becomes increasingly evident when working with Mac.

Parkins was a high school champion debater. A bland skilled speaker who says nothing memorable because he lacks charisma. His robotic style is perfect for CBS sports radio.

Last edited by vitoscotti on Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Clawmaster wrote:

In general people are a bit too fast to raise numbers to the rafters but in Rose's case no way.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Clawmaster wrote:
Parkins is made for national sports radio, surface takes on many issues, but no real depth on anything which becomes increasingly evident when working with Mac.

Agreed. A format in which he either takes minimal or no calls also suits him since he often can't fathom why anyone would disagree with him.

Did Spiegel and Parkins take as few calls as McNeil and Parkins?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Tad Queasy wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Parkins is made for national sports radio, surface takes on many issues, but no real depth on anything which becomes increasingly evident when working with Mac.

Agreed. A format in which he either takes minimal or no calls also suits him since he often can't fathom why anyone would disagree with him.

Did Spiegel and Parkins take as few calls as McNeil and Parkins?

the only show that takes multiple calls in a row is mully and haugh. leery gleefully gloats how he doesnt need callers.nobody listens to bernstein's show anymore so there isnt an audience to call in.

there was a really awkward moment on parko's first day back in studio last week where mac just tore in to him for multiple gramatical mistakes made in a short period... parko responded basically with WTF is your deal.?... this pairing will be done by the end of the year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Find it interesting how they replay stuff from Francesa all the time. The replays are from callers messing with Francesa, so in essence, they refuse to take calls, but use content from another sports radio guy which consists of him taking calls? Are they incapable of producing that type of content on their own show? Used to love listening to the caller (I think it was Nabil), that would call in all the time and call North a wind sock. Many of the hosts seems intimidated by the prospect of having to interact with callers who may challenge them, not realizing the callers often provide needed energy/perspective.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:11 pm 

Interesting that Parkins doesn't do the CBS radio network Sunday night show anymore; hasn't for several months; maybe too much work or something to do with the pregnancy issues

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:23 pm 

didea wrote:
Interesting that Parkins doesn't do the CBS radio network Sunday night show anymore; hasn't for several months; maybe too much work or something to do with the pregnancy issues

his wife just completed a difficult pregnancy

The timing synchs perfectly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:32 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
I think he stopped doing CBS sundays when he started doing the Last Word. I think he's trying to follow in Nick Wright's footsteps. On another note, when is Mac's contract up? Could Good Karma reunite he and Jurko on ESPN 1000?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:55 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Clawmaster wrote:
Find it interesting how they replay stuff from Francesa all the time. The replays are from callers messing with Francesa, so in essence, they refuse to take calls, but use content from another sports radio guy which consists of him taking calls? Are they incapable of producing that type of content on their own show? Used to love listening to the caller (I think it was Nabil), that would call in all the time and call North a wind sock. Many of the hosts seems intimidated by the prospect of having to interact with callers who may challenge them, not realizing the callers often provide needed energy/perspective.

And all the replaying of Francesa caused me, out of curiosity, to start listening to Francesa. I found him to be very enjoyable especially when taking calls. He would actually spend some time talking (and listening) to his callers.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:20 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
a genius wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

And all the replaying of Francesa caused me, out of curiosity, to start listening to Francesa. I found him to be very enjoyable especially when taking calls. He would actually spend some time talking (and listening) to his callers.

Les is similar even though I can't stay up that late anymore. If you can get past the mistakes here and there its just a fine show to listen to and not think too much.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Having agent Mark Bartelstein on today was another bad NBA thought by Parkins.

A few days ago, Parkins said the Bulls needed to think outside the box to attract top talent, and his idea was to see if Bartelstein would be interested. Not only was he not interested, but Bartelstein proceeded to suck everyone's cock in the Bulls organization. Reinsdorf? First class. GarPax? Desperately trying their best to win. Boylen? Still "writing his story." Chicago weather not a turn-off for free agents. Illinois taxes don't matter. Oh, and injuries...

I wasn't expecting him to say everyone should be fired, but it was just a horrible listen.

Last edited by Jaw Breaker on Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:56 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Having agent Mark Bartelstein on today was another bad NBA thought by Parkins.

A few days ago, Parkins said the Bulls needed to think outside the box to attract top talent, and his idea was to see if Bartelstein would be interested. Not only was he not interested, but Bartelstein proceeded to suck everyone's cock in the Bulls organization. Just a horrible listen.

He really needs to stfu on his stupid thought of the Bulls hiring an ex-agent as GM. If you lined up every professional sports organization, the Chicago Bulls would be the last team to even consider this. On the baseball side wasn't Reinsdorf one of the last owners trying to force players to work without an agent?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:37 am 

Reinsdorf loathes agents