It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Mac Is Back
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Gotta say it: I have greatly enjoyed listening to Mac and Spiegel and then Greenstein on Friday. I have been taking long walks and listening to the podcasts has lifted my spirits. In years past, it was always B&B that got me through rough times. I specifically recall listening to those guys when having a 3-day, stay-in-bed flu, during 9-11 and the aftermath, and then during some rough times while going through a divorce. This time around, I am listening to Mac. Laughing about NFL free agency, Spiegel's bad impressions, and the sports movie tournament has been great. So kudos to Mac/Spiegel/and Greenstein for last week. Keep it up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Marie's
Parkins is an idiot. Praising Gov. Fatty for complaining about Trump while libs like Cuomo and Newsom are praising Trump.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:28 pm 

I have enjoyed the shows recently. I been listening while exercising. But I do not need to hear press conferences from the Gov and such. There are plenty of places for me to get that if I want to listen. I loved the interview with Chico today. I want more of that kind of stuff. But overall I think they have done a good job.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:28 pm 

Great interview in the 3 o clock hour with Steve Stone. Great stories of Billy Williams and Harry Caray. Definitely one to podcast

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Phil Leotardo wrote:
Parkins is an idiot. Praising Gov. Fatty for complaining about Trump while libs like Cuomo and Newsom are praising Trump.

Whateva happened there?!? Whateva happened there?!?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:57 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:
Phil Leotardo wrote:

Nothing. Just an idiot poster. Parkins was spot-on with his praise of Pritzker who has handled this pandemic admirably to this point.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
RFDC wrote:
Great interview in the 3 o clock hour with Steve Stone. Great stories of Billy Williams and Harry Caray. Definitely one to podcast

The "robber who turned out to be a Harry Caray fan" story was great.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:21 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
RFDC wrote:

+1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
DAC wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Phil Leotardo wrote:

Nothing. Just an idiot poster. Parkins was spot-on with his praise of Pritzker who has handled this pandemic admirably to this point.

Noooo it was a reference to the Shah of Iran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:20 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
RFDC wrote:

The "robber who turned out to be a Harry Caray fan" story was great.

yeah that was an all timer

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Anyone know what Mac was alluding to yesterday late in the show after talking with Opie? Parkins said something about Mac saying Stern is the only one who has "won" at radio and asked if he wanted to get into it. He said he didn't right then and it was only 6 days to the expiration date. He later said something about April 1st being a significant date coming up. Seemed a bit odd.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
[quote="RFDC"]Great interview in the 3 o clock hour with Steve Stone. Great stories of Billy Williams and Harry Caray. Definitely one to podcast[/quo

Caught the Long interview today, seemed odd that Mac referred to him as a future sportstalk radio star? Totally off topic, but heard a Sally Beauty Supply ad on the station. seemed to be an odd fit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Franky T wrote:
Anyone know what Mac was alluding to yesterday late in the show after talking with Opie? Parkins said something about Mac saying Stern is the only one who has "won" at radio and asked if he wanted to get into it. He said he didn't right then and it was only 6 days to the expiration date. He later said something about April 1st being a significant date coming up. Seemed a bit odd.

This show doesn't work. You can tell McNeil loathes parkins.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Tata's
Franky T wrote:

Heard that too and it was strange.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
billypootons wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Listening to M & P new guest telling stories segment is great radio. M & P do very little chiming in. The guest has the floor. Then when the segment is over its back to really bad radio with no sports going on. The CV impact on sports radio really brings to even more light how utterly boring guys like Parkins, and Speigel are when Mac works with them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
billypootons wrote:

It's really odd he picked Parkins. He's Harry without being nice. He's like a willfully arrogant less humble version. At least Harry didn't realize what he was saying. Maybe Mac gives Parkins credit for being genuine? I think it's worse. I'd much rather hear not aware than knowing and not caring.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:10 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Spaulding wrote:
billypootons wrote:

It's really odd he picked Parkins. He's Harry without being nice. He's like a willfully arrogant less humble version. At least Harry didn't realize what he was saying. Maybe Mac gives Parkins credit for being genuine? I think it's worse. I'd much rather hear not aware than knowing and not caring.

The only similarities I see between Harry and Parkins are that they are both from well to do North Shore families.

Harry....was....awful. I'm not the biggest Parkins fan, but I don't hate him. He can be entertaining and does have decent sports thoughts (sometimes). Harry was the failed stand-up comic that just couldn't accept the fact that he was never really very funny. Oddly enough, I always got the impression that I would like Harry as a guy if I met him....but as a radio host he was terrible.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:59 pm 

Parkins is less likeable than Harry. What bothered Mac about Harry should fucking annoy the piss out of him from Parkins from a partner standpoint.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
billypootons wrote:
Franky T wrote:

yeah, there's not much chemistry there. I'm guessing Mac packs it in after this contract is up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:34 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Parkins is less likeable than Harry. What bothered Mac about Harry should fucking annoy the piss out of him from Parkins from a partner standpoint.

So you actually listen to the show or is this another one of your opinions that is based on nothing?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:55 pm 

Based on nothing. Gotta go guts in these times,my friend.

But Parkins sucks. He's a pretentious douche and not the okay or good kind. I heard that with my own ears.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:06 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Based on nothing. Gotta go guts in these times,my friend.

But Parkins sucks. He's a pretentious douche and not the okay or good kind. I heard that with my own ears.

:lol: No surprise. You are the queen of these opinions.

But we will have March Madness!!

Go Team Spaulding!!!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:08 pm 

I hate you so much.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:20 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
I hate you so much.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:23 pm 

stop it or I will be forced to thrash you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:26 pm 

Good call. I don't want to waste all our good material before your matchup.

You are a wise one.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:17 am 

Spaulding wrote:

Parkins made a name for himself in a mid major, heavily sports interested town. He was a young talent on the rise who would have had a legitimate shot at a job in any of the big markets in the future.

Harry was a guy who got into sports radio to pay the bills while he tried to build a standup career. He was hired by his very wealthy father's friends.

They bear no resemblance to each other besides growing up in the same zip code.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:34 am 

Parko fired back pretty hard when Mac jabbed at him for being lazy in listening to an audiobook. Parko cited the value of rewatching movies for the 100th time. Some of the details might be off a bit but that was the general tone. They made nice real quick but it was interesting.

And Parkins is right. You shouldn't criticize listening to an audiobook when you continually talk about rewatching movies on a daily basis. Mac is also wrong about questioning who wants abbreviated, makeshift seasons and playoffs. I don't watch the NBA or MLB anymore but I would be very interested in these atypical formats that are getting floated around. Play-in tournaments, housing everyone in Vegas and renting out a hotel- yes, yes, and yes!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: What??
DAC wrote:
Parko fired back pretty hard when Mac jabbed at him for being lazy in listening to an audiobook. Parko cited the value of rewatching movies for the 100th time. Some of the details might be off a bit but that was the general tone. They made nice real quick but it was interesting.

And Parkins is right. You shouldn't criticize listening to an audiobook when you continually talk about rewatching movies on a daily basis. Mac is also wrong about questioning who wants abbreviated, makeshift seasons and playoffs. I don't watch the NBA or MLB anymore but I would be very interested in these atypical formats that are getting floated around. Play-in tournaments, housing everyone in Vegas and renting out a hotel- yes, yes, and yes!

I even heard the NBA considering cruise liners.

It's the NBA who will be the first to get the ball rolling

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nardi wrote:
DAC wrote:

I even heard the NBA considering cruise liners.

It's the NBA who will be the first to get the ball rolling

They should play the games in Tiananmen Square

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.