It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Starts at 2:35. For those that hate Parkins, you’ll enjoy it. For those that like awkward radio from time to time, you’ll enjoy it too.

BRUUUUUCE!!

https://670thescore.radio.com/media/aud ... iew-hour-3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
This might be an ageist comment, but I think perhaps Parkins is too young to have known enough people that passed from cancer for it not to be something to be tossed about in a joking fashion.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
newper wrote:
This might be an ageist comment, but I think perhaps Parkins is too young to have known enough people that passed from cancer for it not to be something to be tossed about in a joking fashion.

I think that’s reasonable. He also doesn’t care.

Funny segment I thought. But mostly because of Bruce

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Bruce is certainly reasonable here. He gets what makes it funny, at least on paper, but says it isn't really something he feels appropriate to joke about. He breaks down the joke and thoroughly dissects all positions reasonable people can have about it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:07 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Parkins is someone who I very much liked when he came here, I mean I defended him when Speigs was an utter douchebag to him when they were together. But the more i hear of parkins, the more I dislike him. Hes a total dick when talking about his kid and wife. Maybe it's funny between them but to the gen pop it comes off very poorly.
Come to think of it I'm finding myself disliking most of the score these days. Mac is still the only guy I really like.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:04 am 

pizza_Place: The Hut
Crick Ramp wrote:
Starts at 2:35. For those that hate Parkins, you’ll enjoy it. For those that like awkward radio from time to time, you’ll enjoy it too.

BRUUUUUCE!!

https://670thescore.radio.com/media/aud ... iew-hour-3

Bruce completely smoked Parko there. Made him look like a vapid, youngish fool.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:57 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Meh, two bags don't make a right

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:11 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Bruce has always been a subtly abrasive interview. Definitely not one of his better moments.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:47 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I'll pass.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I wonder how funny Parkins would find “ unfortunately your wife survived a difficult childbirth “. Levine is a knob but Parkins was by far the bigger douche here .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Darkside wrote:
Parkins is someone who I very much liked when he came here, I mean I defended him when Speigs was an utter douchebag to him when they were together. But the more i hear of parkins, the more I dislike him. Hes a total dick when talking about his kid and wife. Maybe it's funny between them but to the gen pop it comes off very poorly.
Come to think of it I'm finding myself disliking most of the score these days. Mac is still the only guy I really like.

100% this.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Darkside wrote:

I think it was Parkins 2nd show here in Chicago and he had a strange take on something....rubbed me the wrong way. He ended up growing on me. I think he's odd, but I'm still good with him.

The problem I'm having is it's time to talk baby and parenting OUTSIDE of the show. Most of us have been there and I completely understand how your world changes, but For the love of God.....it's just not interesting discussion. Yesterday I hear Shep and Parkins talking about feeding in the middle of the night. I flip over to 1000 and Silvy is rambling about his 2 kids. Be a great parent....the radio audience really doesn't care.

Thankfully the gambling discussion eventually came up and that was enjoyable.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:21 am 

BigW72 wrote:
Darkside wrote:

I think it was Parkins 2nd show here in Chicago and he had a strange take on something....rubbed me the wrong way. He ended up growing on me. I think he's odd, but I'm still good with him.

The problem I'm having is it's time to talk baby and parenting OUTSIDE of the show. Most of us have been there and I completely understand how your world changes, but For the love of God.....it's just not interesting discussion. Yesterday I hear Shep and Parkins talking about feeding in the middle of the night. I flip over to 1000 and Silvy is rambling about his 2 kids. Be a great parent....the radio audience really doesn't care.

Parent talk can be entertaining if you have some unusual or amusing story. The mundanity of feeding or changing a diaper doesn't fall in that category.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:25 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
I wonder how funny Parkins would find “ unfortunately your wife survived a difficult childbirth “. Levine is a knob but Parkins was by far the bigger douche here .

The little bits you hear of Dan's relationship with his wife always reveal something a little strange. It always seems like there is more to the story you want to hear. Yesterday he mentioned having his marriage officiated by some friend who was a nurse.

We never get to hear those stories.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:18 am 

good dolphin wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Parent talk can be entertaining if you have some unusual or amusing story. The mundanity of feeding or changing a diaper doesn't fall in that category.

Every day it's been baby talk. It's not a meatball "stick to sports" comment. I don't really relate to their movie discussions, but at least it's relevant and mildly entertaining.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I brought up the baby talk crap in another thread. It is going to reach Goff levels of annoying.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:06 pm 

Bernstein was an on-air host when his kids were born....I think he's kept his parenting talk over the year to an acceptable level.

My God, I just complimented Bernstein. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
August Schell wrote:
Darkside wrote:

100% this.

+2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Every day it's been baby talk. It's not a meatball "stick to sports" comment. I don't really relate to their movie discussions, but at least it's relevant and mildly entertaining.

Both of you fellas are right.

I'm still good with Parkins as well. His sports discussions are excellent. He thinks fast, talks fast, delves into the nuance of a sports debate, and adds a level of insight that many hosts do not. I don't relate to his reckless, excessive lifestyle nor his millennial ways but I separate that from on-air performance. I'll take any combination of Parkins, Spiegel, Mac, or Bernstein.