It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:06 am 
1000 CLUB

It has come back.

Which is good. We all like to do that with are friends. Take friendly jabs. This was how the SCORE was in the early days.

Mac and Parkins take shots at Bernstein and McDoink. Doink and Stein return the favor. For example, Mac takes a shot at Doink for asking a stupid question of how horses get over the ocean for races. Among other things. Bernstein takes shots at Parkins for his speech pattern. And it's cool with Parkins. Because he'll actually replay that clip of Bernstein ripping on him. That's why I like Parkins. That's why I like Mac. And Bernstein is cool with it to. I think Doink doesn't like it much but he doesn't bitch about it.

Guess who nobody touches in this regard? Larry. Cuz they know he can't take it. Larry wants to be praised all the time. And I've noticed he's the only one at the SCORE that compliments himself. "This was a great show". "I did a great interview". No other SCORE host compliments themselves.

So with his co workers, if you don't suck his dick, he'll bitch to Mitch. No way Larry can except friendly ball busting. He's gotta be told he's great all the time. Cuz he's thin skinned. If anybody took a shot at Larry, he would go crying to Mitch. Remember that argument he had with Parkins when Parkins questioned something he said? He went scorched earth and got personal with Parkins.

Mac, Parkins, Doink and Bernstein realize this. That's why they don't go after him. Cuz they know he's a sensitive pussy. Goff was the same way.

Lighten up Larry and Goff. If you just roll with the punches it's better then crying. You two will never realize it. You gotta learn to laugh at yourself.

I don't want a friend that constantly kisses my ass. Like the way Goff and Larry are around each other. Which they both know is phony.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:11 am 
1000 CLUB

I read my post back to myself.

I'm drunk. I think it makes decent sense what I was trying to say. If it's not the best way to say it, I think you can figure it out. Looks like I spelled all the words correctly, at least.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Beardown wrote:
I read my post back to myself.

I'm drunk. I think it makes decent sense what I was trying to say. If it's not the best way to say it, I think you can figure it out. Looks like I spelled all the words correctly, at least.

:lol: I was a little myself at that time.

I definitely agree with you here. I love Mac/Parkins/Spiegel taking shots at Bernstein/McKnight. Mac recently praising Spiegel for being the best at the Score for baseball probably annoyed Bernstein and McKnight who think they are the masters at talking about their analytics. And nothing is better that than the Sage Rosenfels washing over you. I only listen to Mac/Parkins/Spiegel and rarely does Holmes even get mentioned.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
You didn’t drunk type all that on your phone I hope

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: freezer
Beardown wrote:
No way Larry can except friendly ball busting.

Almost rolled that 300

good post though

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Does anyone actually listen to the Holmes show? Off to podcast world if he's on when I have time to listen.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Clawmaster wrote:
Does anyone actually listen to the Holmes show? Off to podcast world if he's on when I have time to listen.

Yes. If you are a work listener you don't bother to switch.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:25 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

It's completely unlistenable for me. 12-2 is xrt or anything else. I'll begrudgingly grind through mulli and haugh and bernstein and doink but there isnt any point to his show. Between the reruns of previous interviews on other shows, incessant shilling of his podcasts, his fake forced laughter or his lauding of unremarkable female guests what is the point of tuning in?

"We start this show, as we start all things, with a rundown!"

what the fuck does that mean

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:43 pm 

It would actually be nice to have a dedicated board for that show. It probably isnt needed but it would be cathartic to collectively shit on it. Unless there are actually people who like it...

Those people: Nut up and show yourselves. Or turtle up and hide like holmes. Tell me why I'm wrong. I havent been on this board long enough to tell whether there are any real larry enthusiasts creeping around but if any of you actually enjoy his show i would like to know how you do it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think it's cuz Larry is black. And the other hosts are white. The white hosts think Larry would take it as racism if they cracked wise on him. For good reason. Because Larry would take it as racism.
'
So, ya know, that's why it is what it is at the SCORE in this regard. But the whites at the station crack wise on each other. Which is fun. So we got that. Larry is off limits.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Beer God wrote:
It's completely unlistenable for me. 12-2 is xrt or anything else. I'll begrudgingly grind through mulli and haugh and bernstein and doink but there isnt any point to his show.

That's M&H and B&M for me. Larry is bad, weird, and creepy but his show doesn't (usually) bother e to where I hav to turn it off. The others....yes.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Clawmaster wrote:

I was driving yesterday and Rozner was on talking about Maddux. The 10 minutes or so I listened is easily the longest stretch I have ever listened to his show. Not a fan of him at all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I'll never be a Larry listener. Something about the guy's vocal delivery will always spazz me out. Like Reggie Miller or Bill Walton.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Beer God wrote:
Between the reruns of previous interviews on other shows, incessant shilling of his podcasts, his fake forced laughter or his lauding of unremarkable female guests what is the point of tuning in?

100% correct.

"Listen to my podcast where I cover everything I couldn't get to in my show because I was doing the rundown and replaying interviews."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Beer God wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

It's completely unlistenable for me. 12-2 is xrt or anything else. I'll begrudgingly grind through mulli and haugh and bernstein and doink but there isnt any point to his show. Between the reruns of previous interviews on other shows, incessant shilling of his podcasts, his fake forced laughter or his lauding of unremarkable female guests what is the point of tuning in?

Leery is awful for all of the reasons you mentioned. There isn't a separate section for his show but there is a relatively current thread about his many and varied delusions in the "Other Chicago Sports Media" section. Here is the thread: viewtopic.php?f=156&t=117990

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:15 pm 

Now joining me on the whatever hotline BOOP BE DOOP BE BEEP DOOP is robert frogsack

Why? Why do you need such a redundant sound effect? Why do you think people need a drop to know someone is on the phone? Why must you remind people of how many media outlets you are a part of? Why do you pronounce 2 as tee-you? Why is your fake ass laughter just a higher pitched version of mulli's dumbass cackling? Is this what you teach your students to do to fill airtime? When you aren't filling airtime about how you teach students? Why don't you ever take a fucking break? Why don't you realize whoring you dumb voice at any available microphone and using every minute of every day to get name recognition doesn't mean you are entertaining? Why are you occupying a bullshit consolation timeslot when there are others who are better than you in every county who deserve a crack at a bigger gig?

Fuck holmes and fuck the score for retaining him. Shep, herb, tanny(if he wants it) and others, even camp, deserve a shot at boosting their careers and they would all get one if he would just fuck off.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

I was driving yesterday and Rozner was on talking about Maddux. The 10 minutes or so I listened is easily the longest stretch I have ever listened to his show. Not a fan of him at all.
Wait, Rozner came crawling back?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:45 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Wait, Rozner came crawling back?

No. In typical Larry fashion it was a replay interview...from his podcast...from Aug 2018...