It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Doom and Gloom
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
schmitty1121 wrote:
20 minutes in, and the show is off to a shit start. Parkins with more talk about his fucking kid. Mac sounds done.
What are they supposed to talk about? Should they start breaking down 1990s Bears games?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:48 pm 

These pressers are useless. Listening to the daily PPE numbers is whatever. He keeps bitching, and Trump keeps ignoring him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Management is going to have to start furloughing sales staff soon. It will be a bad look if on air staff doesn't burn their vacation time in an orderly way starting in April.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Management is going to have to start furloughing sales staff soon. It will be a bad look if on air staff doesn't burn their vacation time in an orderly way starting in April.

Imagine being Dan Bernstein’s boss !!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
But if you fire Goff for torching the station's in-demo lead in afternoon drive, something had to happen to Bernstein as well, even if he had little to do with the direction and tone the show took on (and by Goff's hints, it seems like Bernstein was in from the beginning on Woke NBA Radio In Chicago). And let's not forget, this is the station that saddled Larry with Dan Hampton, then fired Larry off to radio purgatory when that show failed, so the station as whole could have come off looking mighty Not Okay if they twice had shows crash and burn in their timeslot but only ended up punishing the black co-host.

So short of firing Bernstein, arguably the most recognizable Score personality at the time, within 2 years of losing the most recognizable Score personality possibly of all time (a move that I could have been made to agree with, as it would set the tone for the rest of the on-air team), a demotion of Bernstein seemed like the best of limited options.

But then, what to do with Mac? Irrespective of whatever timeslot he'd be in (Mac did have misgivings about not being offered afternoon drive when contacted by The Score after the Mac n' Spiegs fizzle and his most recent return, IIRC), pairing a desperate McNeil with a guy who he presumably hates, a guy who we KNOW has legit heat with Mac, probably wouldn't have lasted very long.

The reality is that afternoon drive needed to be completely cleansed after Bernstein & Goff, and personally I think it's a shame we didn't get the return of Mac and Spiegs In Primetime as a result.

This makes sense. I think Bernstein could work with Mac now but I wonder if it would have worked when they brought Mac back. Probably not. I view it as you need to craft 2 good shows out of Mac, Parkins, Spiegel, and Bernstein. There is definitely enough talent there. The morning show just has to be vanilla and competent. Let Holmes work solo. While I don't care for him, he is valuable to the station.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
schmitty1121 wrote:
20 minutes in, and the show is off to a shit start. Parkins with more talk about his fucking kid. Mac sounds done.

I could tell Parkins was going to do the new dad thing and just go on and on about his kid. Luckily, I haven’t listen because I have CNBC on all day at home, and there is nothing sports relevant to talk about anyway. Regardless, I would rather have Parkins talk about his grandmother’s recipe for a Thanksgiving turkey than hear about an infant.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:25 pm 

At what point do they go with CBS Sports Radio from 8-11p seven nights a week and have Les go 11-4a three nights a week and CBS the other four?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:28 pm 

At what point do they go with CBS Sports Radio from 8-11p seven nights a week and have Les go 11-4a three nights a week and CBS the other four?

Yeah, no point in having Joe or Red on the air. Joe is bad, only has gambling info. Red, we know she's bad.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:32 pm 

schmitty1121 wrote:

Yeah, no point in having Joe or Red on the air. Joe is bad, only has gambling info. Red, we know she's bad.

I haven't put It on the stream since the sports league's cut their schedules. I'd have to think that their ratings for March are going to be terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:33 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's

CBS Sports Radio is audience poison in good times. God only knows what it must be like now. They'll rerun old play-by-play or The Best Of Boers And Bernstein in evenings before they'll pipe in some weekend guy from WFAN to talk about betting on the Philadelphia Eagles for five hours.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
schmitty1121 wrote:

I haven't put It on the stream since the sports league's cut their schedules. I'd have to think that their ratings for March are going to be terrible.

Me neither.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:44 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

CBS Sports Radio is audience poison in good times. God only knows what it must be like now. They'll rerun old play-by-play or The Best Of Boers And Bernstein in evenings before they'll pipe in some weekend guy from WFAN to talk about betting on the Philadelphia Eagles for five hours.

Fine, whatever is free.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:58 pm 

JULIE: I know this is a hard request to make with everything going on, but I'm very low on spoons and I need to make bodies and spaces to practice self-care, so right now my truth is that--

MITCH: sure, how much time off do you need

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:03 pm 

Admittedly have not listened to them or any sports radio lately once Bears QB was announced. Is anyone even in studio? Would believe it would be a hard job to do in these times. Literally no sports on. I agree that best of B&B would be the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
schmitty1121 wrote:

The refrain/restrain pissing contest was uncomfortable in a good way.

They clearly don’t like each other much :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:42 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Towards the end wasn't Jason bragging on people about driving a Range Rover while doing "drive what I drive" live reads for a Chevy dealer or something?

"I don't drive a jalopy." (Was the first time I had heard the word jalopy in eons, so it stuck with me.)

Yes. Jalopy is dropped at 4:25
https://youtu.be/l_9-0nKH5Cw

Chuck. Chuck. Chuck. Chuck. Chuck.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:58 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Darkside wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Blame McDoink for that. Otherwise Parkins could have gone with Bernstein, or Parkins could have gone solo and Holmes could have gone with Bernstein. But to bring McDoink back, they had to demote a white guy.

That said, Spiegs has taken it well, and there appears to be an honest attempt by management to make him whole in the long run. Plus this way they had a way of jettisoning Rozner.
Yeah CH has had the angle on this from the beginning, but apparently Jimmy D had some irrational love for McDoink as an on-air talent?

I feel like the Doink only says shit that he believes to be Bernstein approved.

If your partner was the white, jewish, north shore version of LTG you would try your hardest to only say things hed approve of as well.
ac
:lol: Hard to argue...still....McDoink is likely that boring of a person.

Parkins lost me before the apocalypse with his kid talk. I wasn't overly interested in Mac's movie discussions when they had them but NOW is the time to use that for show content.

Show Topics (no different than here):
Music
Movies
Books
Grilling / Cooking

Bring back retired segments like 2nd hand news, Dead or Alive.
Come up with new Trivia like the old Jurko v. Harry

Here's what I know I don't want from WSCR: Politics, COVID-19, Infants

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:08 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Curious Hair wrote:
JULIE: I know this is a hard request to make with everything going on, but I'm very low on spoons and I need to make bodies and spaces to practice self-care, so right now my truth is that--

julie/mitch relationship is in perfect yet delicate harmony. she's on a timeslot that literally does not matter to the business side. the station can claim they have a female host, the female host once in a blue moon garners national attention for SJW matters but has yet to piss off sponsors, her salary is nothing, so for these reasons it doesnt even make sense to fire her as she basically doesnt matter and serves a minor purpose for the station. she also has no talent and will not be hired away by anyone in media. she doesnt have a ravid following so when daypart spots open up there is not real push to consider her. so she continues to exist and we get to consume her twitter takes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
billypootons wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

julie/mitch relationship is in perfect yet delicate harmony. she's on a timeslot that literally does not matter to the business side. the station can claim they have a female host, the female host once in a blue moon garners national attention for SJW matters but has yet to piss off sponsors, her salary is nothing, so for these reasons it doesnt even make sense to fire her as she basically doesnt matter and serves a minor purpose for the station. she also has no talent and will not be hired away by anyone in media. she doesnt have a ravid following so when daypart spots open up there is not real push to consider her. so she continues to exist and we get to consume her twitter takes

There is truth to this, but the Mitch could fill the slot with a much more netural / team playing woman

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
billypootons wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Rabid.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
BigW72 wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

There is truth to this, but the Mitch could fill the slot with a much more netural / team playing woman

i forgot to add that firing her would be more hassle than it would be worth. just keep paying her peanuts and she'll either quit, someone else will hire her away, or status quo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:06 pm 

She absolutely does have a rabid fanbase, are you kidding?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Curious Hair wrote:

I mean yes, but probably less than 1% of them even listen to her show. There's no doubt that more people hate listen to her show than like it. It's like Bernstein and Goff with an exponential decay function.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:30 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

Does she? I thought it was mainly the same 8-10 losers.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:35 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I mean yes, but probably less than 1% of them even listen to her show. There's no doubt that more people hate listen to her show than like it. It's like Bernstein and Goff with an exponential decay function.

I thought it was linear myself .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:36 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Really it’s only 2 . The rest are my twitter mults.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:53 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Well, what's more rabid than having terminally diseased brains?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Marie's
Parkins sounds like a complete idiot talking about this virus.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:40 pm 

Phil Leotardo wrote:
Parkins sounds like a complete idiot talking about this virus.

Not disagreeing. Just curious but what specifically