It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Doom and Gloom
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
These two are really scared to death over this coronavirus. It's one thing to be concerned and tell everyone to be careful, but my goodness they are really over the top at times.

Post subject: Re: Doom and Gloom
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Makes sense to me. I can see why a guy like Mac would be concerned about getting it, and Parkins is part of the blue check mark Twitter brigade that hops on every new trend, so it makes sense to me that he would be overly paranoid and act like this is a very deadly pandemic as well

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:24 pm 

Mac thinks he had it when they got back from Az.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
And, if I heard correctly, Mac met with his therapist after coming back and his therapist tested positive shortly after.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:40 pm 

Both have diminished immune systerms

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Mac is a lot like Ogie as he craves attention and likes to put him at the center of everything.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:56 pm 

A couple weeks ago Mac said he was terrified. I texted asking if he was terrified enough to quit smoking. No response.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:58 pm 

Parkins is the definition of a pussy. The man is ordering his fucking groceries. He is a mini Bernstein. I think he is likely to jump to a news station, if they were to offer something. Bernstein always wanted that, but I think they realized he was a ass hat. Mac has gotten soft with age. Think he knows time is ticking.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
both have personalities that are unable to grasp moderation. they're addicted to chaos and woe is me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Franky T wrote:
A couple weeks ago Mac said he was terrified. I texted asking if he was terrified enough to quit smoking. No response.

The years of rampant drug use and gay sex are also most likely working against him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:18 pm 

WTF, Mac brings in Shep to have him talk about his high school football days, comparing it to Jimmy Graham, lol.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Franky T wrote:

Greta McNeil

h/t to BR i think, stolen material

Last edited by billypootons on Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:20 pm 

billypootons wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Greta McNeil

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
schmitty1121 wrote:
Parkins is the definition of a pussy. The man is ordering his fucking groceries. He is a mini Bernstein. I think he is likely to jump to a news station, if they were to offer something. Bernstein always wanted that, but I think they realized he was a ass hat. Mac has gotten soft with age. Think he knows time is ticking.

He has a newborn at home.

That makes him smart to cut down any outside contact.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:48 pm 

Franky T wrote:
These two are really scared to death over this coronavirus. It's one thing to be concerned and tell everyone to be careful, but my goodness they are really over the top at times.

Yeah these two have really disappointed me in this deal. I don't need to hear their fear and doom all the time. And they love to suck off Gov Tubby constantly.

On the positive side some of their interviews they have had are outstanding.

More interviews.

Less drama.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Mac must have gotten his wrist slapped by Mitch or Jimmy because he was very apologetic for his panic inciting tendencies today in the opening few segments, and in general was second guessing his takes on all things corona...

Or maybe he’s just out of Vicodin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:15 pm 

schmitty1121 wrote:
WTF, Mac brings in Shep to have him talk about his high school football days, comparing it to Jimmy Graham, lol.

Mac sucks now. Has since he came back. It’s too bad but it yis what it yis...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Crick Ramp wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

Yeah, he's gone soft. The old Mac would kick the new Macs ass.. the new Mac would want to get fisted by the old Mac.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:28 pm 

312player wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

Yeah, he's gone soft. The old Mac would kick the new Macs ass.. the new Mac would want to get fisted by the old Mac.

I’m not particularly homophobic but a few weeks ago I had to PTFB because Mac was going on and on and on about how good looking different guys were in various movie roles and I was just like Jesus Christ we get it. I would pay to hear Shep and Tanny’s real thoughts about shit like that

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Crick Ramp wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

Watered down Mac is still 100x better than Parkins and Speigel. They're only listenable if they have a good guest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:36 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

Watered down Mac is still 100x better than Parkins and Speigel. They're only listenable if they have a good guest

I was a fan of ol Parko in the beginning. I enjoyed how he made the other hosts uncomfortable and didn’t give a shit, but over the last year I’ve enjoyed him less and less.

He’s still light years ahead of Mully and McDoink.

Parkins and McNeil are not an optimal pairing. It’s clear to everyone, especially themselves. Shit, last week Mac damn near composed a sonnet to Spiegel on the air expressing how much he enjoyed working with him. No exaggeration.

The deck of hosts needs to be reshuffled. With the jokers being discarded, preferably

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:38 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:
Parkins and McNeil are not an optimal pairing. It’s clear to everyone, especially themselves. Shit, last week Mac damn near composed a sonnet to Spiegel on the air expressing how much he enjoyed working with him. No exaggeration.

The segment I heard was Mac throwing flowers at both meatpants and Parkins for how good they had been to work with and how it was great they could all cover for each other when needed.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:57 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

The segment I heard was Mac throwing flowers at both meatpants and Parkins for how good they had been to work with and how it was great they could all cover for each other when needed.

It was more like...This is Dottie. And this is our other daughter: Dottie’s sister.

In any event...the current radio lineup needs massive change but we won’t get it. Oh well

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Parkins will eventually do national shows, he lacks the depth and energy to do an effective local show long term, find the gambling talk incredibly tedious because they are basically just reading lines, even North knew you had to spice up the gambling talk with something goofy like the Bookie Priest. Radio is like many of the other slowly declining industries, guys are holding on as long as possible, trying to pry a few more years, gotta feel like the ex-writers like Mully and Haugh are especially anxious given they have already seen the likely endgame.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Agreed to all on here. I stopped listening with the press conferences and constant doom and gloom.

I will not judge them on being scared because everyone is to an extent and the uncertainity is bothersome to all.

That said, if I want to here the Gov talk I will turn to 780. Nothing partisan, just want a break from the non spot and what essential info am i learning hearing him talk everday while I am staying at home that I need to know at the moment Talking sports is a total diversion that his healthy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn...Frozen!
There are no sports to talk about.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Marie's
Crick Ramp wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

Lost his fastball. Not close to the heavy fuel crew days. Like listening to Dahl the last few years, he's done being interesting radio.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
cookie23 wrote:
Agreed to all on here. I stopped listening with the press conferences and constant doom and gloom.

I will not judge them on being scared because everyone is to an extent and the uncertainity is bothersome to all.

That said, if I want to here the Gov talk I will turn to 780. Nothing partisan, just want a break from the non spot and what essential info am i learning hearing him talk everday while I am staying at home that I need to know at the moment Talking sports is a total diversion that his healthy.

I'd rather not hear those press conferences on a sports station, but I figured they were airing them because they didn't want people to switch to a different station to hear them and not switch back.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Franky T wrote:

I have listened to their show this entire week. Their tone and overall concern for this pandemic is spot-on.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Crick Ramp wrote:

I was a fan of ol Parko in the beginning. I enjoyed how he made the other hosts uncomfortable and didn’t give a shit, but over the last year I’ve enjoyed him less and less.

He’s still light years ahead of Mully and McDoink.

The deck of hosts needs to be reshuffled. With the jokers being discarded, preferably

I agree with this even though I enjoy Parkins more than you. What's become clear to me is Spiegel needs to be a full-time host. Either add Spiegel to Parkins and McNeil or completely reshuffle things. Bernstein needs to be paired with someone who won't compete for "smartest person in the room contest." I would love for them to bring back Rozner and pair him with Bernstein.