It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

He said it either Monday or Tuesday. Doesn't matter.

He said he fears more firings at the SCORE. With no sports in the foreseeable future why do you need a bunch of sports talkers at a sports station? That's basically what he said. Mac said "I'll accept whatever happens to me."

I took that meaning he thinks he'll be the guy out. And they'll let Danny Parkins run it solo. Since he's the younger guy with a new born baby.

Then I'm thinking Larry will "Get it" too. Since he was a b.itch a week ago. Like he always is.

Just have Bernstein and Parkins go one hour more on each end.

So that will be two guys gone and save Entercon some more money. Since they're bleeding so much money right now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I would be stunned if Laurence was let go.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Peoria Matt wrote:

Me too. He’s a pretty unique talent. Plus the station needs a lot more diversity.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Maybe Entercom people stopped talking to Mac's people about new paper once the virus started to spread and leagues openly discussed shutting down.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:03 pm 

yeah wishful thinking on Larry leaving.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't know about that. Yeah, Larry has always been in Mitch's good graces. Larry has always been an ass kisser to stay at the SCORE. But as he gets older he gets more annoying to everybody. Including Mitch. Plus he's weird and sucks at radio.

I could see it happening.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Beardown wrote:
I don't know about that. Yeah, Larry has always been in Mitch's good graces. Larry has always been an ass kisser to stay at the SCORE. But as he gets older he gets more annoying to everybody. Including Mitch. Plus he's weird and sucks at radio.

I could see it happening.

He is reallllllllyyyyyy reallllyyyyyy good at his job.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Peoria Matt wrote:

Same.

Like him or not, he does a proper radio show.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Just put everyone on furlough and play classic interviews and segments from the 90's

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Don Tiny wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Same.

Like him or not, he does a proper radio show.

Except for the part where he brags about not needing callers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
If sports doesn't return this year. More paycuts and layoffs. Then Noon-6 pm local only. Ending with Entercom filing for bankruptcy, and shutting down.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Entercom might just decide to temporarily layoff everybody at local stations, play CBS radio all day, and bring them all back when sports start again.

It might come to that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
vitoscotti wrote:
If sports doesn't return this year. More paycuts and layoffs. Then Noon-6 pm local only. Ending with Entercom filing for bankruptcy, and shutting down.

If sports doesn’t return this year, we’re going to have much bigger problems than sports talk radio.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
blackhawksfan wrote:
Just put everyone on furlough and play classic interviews and segments from the 90's

I wish they would do that to some degree, but I think someone (Mac?) said all that was lost in the move from the Belmont studio.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
blackhawksfan wrote:

Some of that stuff would be deemed offensive if played.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
denisdman wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

If sports doesn’t return this year, we’re going to have much bigger problems than sports talk radio.

Biden's highly respected medical guy is saying 18 month shutdown nationally.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:56 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

I wish they would do that to some degree, but I think someone (Mac?) said all that was lost in the move from the Belmont studio.

Wow. What a shame.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
blackhawksfan wrote:

That’s exactly what they should do

If they are intent on nosediving the station for good

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Entercom is going bankrupt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:00 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Some of that stuff would be deemed offensive if played.

Nobody is buying ad time. Who the fuck cares?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:32 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Could see a fire sale scenario where someone buys the WSCR "The Score" for name recognition and turn to an entirely streaming/podcast model. You make it into a modern "Gig Economy" place, seems LoHo already does that, working several part time jobs. Interesting how employers are selling "Gig Economy" employment to younger people, it's a big win for the employer because you cut benefit/staffing costs. The new incarnation of the station could still survive in some form, they would just have to figure out how to monetize the new platform.
"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:42 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Clawmaster wrote:
Could see a fire sale scenario where someone buys the WSCR "The Score" for name recognition and turn to an entirely streaming/podcast model. You make it into a modern "Gig Economy" place, seems LoHo already does that, working several part time jobs. Interesting how employers are selling "Gig Economy" employment to younger people, it's a big win for the employer because you cut benefit/staffing costs. The new incarnation of the station could still survive in some form, they would just have to figure out how to monetize the new platform.
"

Webio II: Electric Boogaloo?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:47 am 

K Effective wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
"

Webio II: Electric Boogaloo?

North isn't doing anything right now...I'm not just sayin' I'm just sayin'. Maybe Uncle Terry could buy it with his book deal money?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:02 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I don't think the intellectual property of "The Score" would be worth all that much. It means next to nothing nationally; every market has a Score, a Fan, a Ticket, or a Game. They've never been -- at least in the past ~15 years that I've been listening -- particularly adept at any sort of consistent branding or imaging. Do normal people, the kind who don't post here, really have any loyalty to the Score as a brand, or do they just like North/Mully/Mac/Boers/Bernstein? The proposal sounds like Fake Deadspin all over again, sorry. That doesn't mean someone won't try it anyway. I think Dubiel is still squatting on the Q101 IP.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:17 pm 

I didn't catch the interview with Cindy Morgan from Caddyshack, but Danny Mac is sure whining a lot about her cutting him off during the intro. Dude, your station is financially in the crapper and you have no sports to talk about. Who cares if she is drunk and a bit annoying. Wonder if Dan will step down if sports don't return by May.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:34 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
I didn't catch the interview with Cindy Morgan from Caddyshack, but Danny Mac is sure whining a lot about her cutting him off during the intro. Dude, your station is financially in the crapper and you have no sports to talk about. Who cares if she is drunk and a bit annoying. Wonder if Dan will step down if sports don't return by May.

You didn't miss much, sounded like she has created a cottage industry where she makes appearances in front of groups of dudes that had a thing for her character in the movie. Mac wanted more about the atmosphere on the set of the movie and she wanted to talk about the acting profession, it didn't work, but stuff like this with Parkins rarely does.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Clawmaster wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

You didn't miss much, sounded like she has created a cottage industry where she makes appearances in front of groups of dudes that had a thing for her character in the movie. Mac wanted more about the atmosphere on the set of the movie and she wanted to talk about the acting profession, it didn't work, but stuff like this with Parkins rarely does.

You heard a different interview than I did. It was all behind the scenes stuff.