It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Crick Ramp wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
I propose deni$ put up 10 times his stimulus check.

I love this idea. But I’m sure we all know that no money will exchange hands. I won’t lose the bet, any anyone who does won’t actually pay up. Bums.

I am putting up twice my stimulus check. I am sure you can do the math. I have a family of four.

I’m not overly familiar with the numbers associated with those that are married and how much per kid, since based on what I DO understand, I don’t believe I’ll be getting a check so I never dig too deep into it all.

And I certainly won’t be familiarizing myself with all of it on account of you, so just tell me what you’re willing to lose and shut the fuck up

Crick, Dennis is king of the humblebrag and this is just another way to let everyone know how well he is doing. Next he’ll invite you to his lake house to pick up the check.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I love this idea. But I’m sure we all know that no money will exchange hands. I won’t lose the bet, any anyone who does won’t actually pay up. Bums.

I am putting up twice my stimulus check. I am sure you can do the math. I have a family of four.

I’m not overly familiar with the numbers associated with those that are married and how much per kid, since based on what I DO understand, I don’t believe I’ll be getting a check so I never dig too deep into it all.

And I certainly won’t be familiarizing myself with all of it on account of you, so just tell me what you’re willing to lose and shut the fuck up

Crick, Dennis is king of the humblebrag and this is just another way to let everyone know how well he is doing. Next he’ll invite you to his lake house to pick up the check.

I’d much rather show off Chateau de Pulte especially since the mulch went down last weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
That fresh mulch smell is pretty intoxicating

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
totally Claw. my dudes did my yard up yesterday. the doggos are all about eating the fresh organics.

too bad the snow is gonna cap the smell for a few days.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:03 am 

long time guy wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Just because Mac has lost his fastball doesn't mean Spiegel has one or ever did. The dude had his shot....he just wasn't that interesting. I don't dislike him. I like him in his role now...I think he's a talented guy, but just like Larry, McDoink, Mully, Haugh, hanley, and the countless others....just not very entertaining.

Mac, Boers, North, Jiggets....for a short time Jurko...and to some extent Parkins....they were entertaining when they'd lighten up, show their true colors, remove their filters and just have fun. Never got any of that from Spiegel. Mac used to have it....no clue where it went.

The worst thing that ever happened to Spiegel was that he was paired with Mac. He tended to do better when paired with other partners.

He was the best pure sports guy at the station with Goff a close 2nd. Unfortunately the Score had gotten away from that by the time he came along.

I don't know if you recall the situation but Speigal was on the balls of his ass, jobless and living in some basement when Mac gave him a job no one else in the industry was offering. So no, the worst thing to ever happen to him was not being paired with Mac. It was probably a life saving moment.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:17 am 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
totally Claw. my dudes did my yard up yesterday. the doggos are all about eating the fresh organics.

too bad the snow is gonna cap the smell for a few days.

Yup, Mrs. Claw wanted to try chocolate mulch one year and it was pretty awesome for a few weeks, can't do it now due to dogs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
good dolphin wrote:
long time guy wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Just because Mac has lost his fastball doesn't mean Spiegel has one or ever did. The dude had his shot....he just wasn't that interesting. I don't dislike him. I like him in his role now...I think he's a talented guy, but just like Larry, McDoink, Mully, Haugh, hanley, and the countless others....just not very entertaining.

Mac, Boers, North, Jiggets....for a short time Jurko...and to some extent Parkins....they were entertaining when they'd lighten up, show their true colors, remove their filters and just have fun. Never got any of that from Spiegel. Mac used to have it....no clue where it went.

The worst thing that ever happened to Spiegel was that he was paired with Mac. He tended to do better when paired with other partners.

He was the best pure sports guy at the station with Goff a close 2nd. Unfortunately the Score had gotten away from that by the time he came along.

I don't know if you recall the situation but Speigal was on the balls of his ass, jobless and living in some basement when Mac gave him a job no one else in the industry was offering. So no, the worst thing to ever happen to him was not being paired with Mac. It was probably a life saving moment.

True, meatpants went from bustout cover band performer to full time host overnight. He probably started at 125k .

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:
long time guy wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

GD is correct. Spiegs said as much. Aside from initial feelings after the switch to Mac and Parkins Spiegs has come around to seeing things in their proper perspective.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:14 am 

Seemed Mac was genuinely excited about pairing with Parkins initially, but Parkins is not really capable of doing the "afternoon saloon" type show Mac knows is necessary to reach a broader audience. Parkins is perfectly suited to do national general sports talk, just lacks depth when it comes to football which is Mac's only real interest these days. One reason the HFC was so effective was they asked quick direct questions to guests in order to provide the most information and to keep the show moving quickly where Parkins falls into the trap of trying sound smart by asking long convoluted questions which brings the show to a crawl and does not create entertaining content.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:10 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
long time guy wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

That has nothing to do with their on air chemistry. They never clicked on air. Maybe Speigs was afraid to challenge him because he knew he was beholden to him.

On air they didn't jive at all.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

denisdman wrote:

2 x 0 = 0
If the family of four includes two dependents still 0. Need to sneak a third one in there for a chance at something.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Clawmaster wrote:
Seemed Mac was genuinely excited about pairing with Parkins initially, but Parkins is not really capable of doing the "afternoon saloon" type show Mac knows is necessary to reach a broader audience. Parkins is perfectly suited to do national general sports talk, just lacks depth when it comes to football which is Mac's only real interest these days. One reason the HFC was so effective was they asked quick direct questions to guests in order to provide the most information and to keep the show moving quickly where Parkins falls into the trap of trying sound smart by asking long convoluted questions which brings the show to a crawl and does not create entertaining content.

Completely agree. I think Mac worked hard to take a step back and let Parkins be 'the guy' and Parkins hasn't done Mac any favors in his approach to the show.