It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:43 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
RFDC wrote:
:lol: that was great, we all knew Mully was a baby

Didn't Mully stop doing transition with Mac after Mac called him an anglophile? I suspect its true because I did something similar on the text line and it was the only response I ever got from Mully.

I remember something about that, not sure about the details, but I am fairly sure they had to stop transition because his feelings got hurt.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Mully is awful.
and for the love of God, no McDoink for any part of White Sox Baseball.

Just...LET HIM GO!

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
So, they are all about ball busting and letting each other know about their bad sports thoughts....but apparently you have to have been born with a set of balls to be criticized.

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:08 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
So, they are all about ball busting and letting each other know about their bad sports thoughts....but apparently you have to have been born with a set of balls to be criticized.

:roll:

not sure I follow you on this one doug?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
It’s understood that when discussing matters of preference that people—on any subject—will often disagree.

Sometimes, though, someone voices an opinion that is so egregious and disconnected from reality, that it makes it tough to value any of their other thoughts.

Mac’s (seemingly) genuine belief that McDoink is a true on-air talent, who is capable of making compelling radio while also cultivating a relationship with a large base of listeners, is one of those opinions that are so off kilter that I can’t take any of his other opinions seriously as it pertains to evaluating all things radio.

Aside from his odd verbal ticks and affectations, he has to be one of the most drab personalities in the Score’s history. He sucked. Plain and simple.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Mac's mellowed obviously. Of course he never had mcDoink at a partner, so that's a huge unknown. I'm not sure how Mac would have reacted when Conor took 2 minutes to get to his question with Jed Hoyer only to be asked "Was there a question in there?". I tend to think that Mac would have offered a lot more tough love than Bernstein did....

Imagine the next person stuck with Bernstein knowing that his last two partners were fired...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
August Schell wrote:
Mac's mellowed obviously. Of course he never had mcDoink at a partner, so that's a huge unknown. I'm not sure how Mac would have reacted when Conor took 2 minutes to get to his question with Jed Hoyer only to be asked "Was there a question in there?". I tend to think that Mac would have offered a lot more tough love than Bernstein did....

Imagine the next person stuck with Bernstein knowing that his last two partners were fired...

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Free board advertisement!

Mods please sticky the DiCaro thread to the banner . Thanks .

that's the thread that got me to join :lol:

Has to drive July crazy that they gave the board a couple shout outs.

they don't have to answer any question about Julie. Them giving this board a shoutout after knowing how she feels about it says more than any answer they could give.

Exactly right.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:34 pm 

August Schell wrote:
Mac's mellowed obviously. Of course he never had mcDoink at a partner, so that's a huge unknown. I'm not sure how Mac would have reacted when Conor took 2 minutes to get to his question with Jed Hoyer only to be asked "Was there a question in there?".

Not only Jed, Theo said that and then in another interview, responded to a Connor question with: I’m not sure what you’re asking me. To which, Dan then paraphrased Connor’s question for Theo. Didn’t even let Connor reframe it.

Found an example.

Connor: So, (sigh), the conversation around that piece has kinda spurred a tangential one: ya know what is a manager worth, ya know, what kinda numbers does he provide, how much wins is a guy worth..and I started thinking...I, I wonder if you and Jed even look at it that way. I’m sure you’ve got some kind of math on what in game decisions can be (sigh)..can bring..back to you in terms of value, but I wonder if you guys even...look...at that sort of the...the..tangible value that way or if it’s so much more than that when you hire an on-off field type guy.

Theo: uh..what’s the question?

Connor: laughs...Whether or not you guys have an actual math (Theo audibly laughs) that matters to you when it comes to decisions during a game, the actual strategic evaluation during a game (by now clearly realizes how stupid he sounds).

Theo: no. We don’t spend a lot of time quantifying in game decision making....

Last edited by Crick Ramp on Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:35 pm 

Jules took several not so subtle shots across the bow when Mac was hired back too. Retreads getting hired , same old white men ,etc.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Could you find a slightly more pixellated picture there brogue?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:51 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Could you find a slightly more pixellated picture there brogue?

:lol: Probably not

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
schmitty1121 wrote:
I guess I'll never understand the McDoink love. There is no way in hell him and Bernstein were becoming must listen radio. Then to pitch this dope for a PbP spot is insane. McDoink must know things about a lot of people at the station, that he continues to get love for being shitty at his job.

He must be an exceptionally nice person. He's not untalented at radio, but there are 25,000 Millennials in Chicago alone who could take his place. I caught an hour or so of him and Bernstein's show for several months, and I can't remember one thing he said.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
MongoMuller wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Didn't Mully stop doing transition with Mac after Mac called him an anglophile? I suspect its true because I did something similar on the text line and it was the only response I ever got from Mully.

I think that was it. I think it embarrasses the South Side Irish guy from St. Tommy More to be called an anglophile.

I generally like Mulli, too (I can't stand Haugh), but he seems to drop the ball on interviews by not being able to formulate preguntas and then, in his rambling, turning an open-ended question into a yes or no question. (I used to do this as a younger teacher all the time. But unlike Mulli, I improved. Or tried to. :D )

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Crick Ramp wrote:
August Schell wrote:
Mac's mellowed obviously. Of course he never had mcDoink at a partner, so that's a huge unknown. I'm not sure how Mac would have reacted when Conor took 2 minutes to get to his question with Jed Hoyer only to be asked "Was there a question in there?".

Not only Jed, Theo said that and then in another interview, responded to a Connor question with: I’m not sure what you’re asking me. To which, Dan then paraphrased Connor’s question for Theo. Didn’t even let Connor reframe it.

Found an example.

Connor: So, (sigh), the conversation around that piece has kinda spurred a tangential one: ya know what is a manager worth, ya know, what kinda numbers does he provide, how much wins is a guy worth..and I started thinking...I, I wonder if you and Jed even look at it that way. I’m sure you’ve got some kind of math on what in game decisions can be (sigh)..can bring..back to you in terms of value, but I wonder if you guys even...look...at that sort of the...the..tangible value that way or if it’s so much more than that when you hire an on-off field type guy.

Theo: uh..what’s the question?

Connor: laughs...Whether or not you guys have an actual math (Theo audibly laughs) that matters to you when it comes to decisions during a game, the actual strategic evaluation during a game (by now clearly realizes how stupid he sounds).

Theo: no. We don’t spend a lot of time quantifying in game decision making....

You're right. I was thinking of the Theo interview.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I sent them a text complaining about them not using the board's name. Mac was cool about it and responded saying that he would. That's where the little extra came from when he read my question.

I thought it was a really good segment and I thought the board was well represented. Good to see some people haven't forgotten about the dinosaur medium.

I was disappointed in the Kendall Gill segment. I thought Parkins and Mac did a great job trying to get something interesting out of him, but despite all of the name dropping, I thought he was really boring.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:24 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Nas wrote:
I sent them a text complaining about them not using the board's name. Mac was cool about it and responded saying that he would. That's where the little extra came from when he read my question.

What hour was this and around how many minutes into the show? I would like to listen to it on podcast.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
HawaiiYou wrote:
Nas wrote:

What hour was this and around how many minutes into the show? I would like to listen to it on podcast.

The segment was from their April 29, 2020 show. It started at 3PM. I can't recall what time they answered my question, but it was definitely before 4PM.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:31 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Nas wrote:

Starts at 1:50. Lasts whole hour.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/m ... ac016f40a9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:46 pm 

Tall Midget Dan Patrick question at: 15:30
Why they don’t take more callers: 16:30
Mac comments more about Parkins thread on here: 22:40
Mully critiques at: 27:05
Nas shoutout: 34:10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:51 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Crick Ramp wrote:
Tall Midget Dan Patrick question at: 15:30
Why they don’t take more callers: 16:30
Mac comments more about Parkins thread on here: 22:40
Mully critiques at: 27:05
Nas shoutout: 34:10

thank you this is very helpful

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
How does Mac not understand that you cannot socially distance in a boat fishing? Any kind of bass boat or deep V walleye boat that he and a buddy would fish in would require them to sit next to each other while traveling on plane.

Maintaining social distancing while fishing in a boat requires either solo fishing or only people from the same household. This is the problem they had in Michigan which is why Whitmer outlawed motor boat fishing. People were blatantly disobeying social distancing by fishing together. She should have just made it people from the same household to eliminate the outrage.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:53 pm 

DAC wrote:
How does Mac not understand that you cannot socially distance in a boat fishing? Any kind of bass boat or deep V walleye boat that he and a buddy would fish in would require them to sit next to each other while traveling on plane.

Maintaining social distancing while fishing in a boat requires either solo fishing or only people from the same household. This is the problem they had in Michigan which is why Whitmer outlawed motor boat fishing. People were blatantly disobeying social distancing by fishing together. She should have just made it people from the same household to eliminate the outrage.

You and he are both right. Perception sometimes really is reality.

Sitting in a boat with one or two other people you’ve known for years somehow feels different. It just does. Add some green and painkillers and suddenly it was meant to be. Hand sanitize here and there and then you’re doing gods work.

I’m hard on Mac. But we should all be able to follow such formula

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:55 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Noticed that Parkins has not talked about Baby Owen for a while. Wonder if this message board had anything to do with that.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 8:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
DAC wrote:
Noticed that Parkins has not talked about Baby Owen for a while. Wonder if this message board had anything to do with that.

Hopefully.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:00 am 

tommy wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I think that was it. I think it embarrasses the South Side Irish guy from St. Tommy More to be called an anglophile.

I generally like Mulli, too (I can't stand Haugh), but he seems to drop the ball on interviews by not being able to formulate preguntas and then, in his rambling, turning an open-ended question into a yes or no question. (I used to do this as a younger teacher all the time. But unlike Mulli, I improved. Or tried to. :D )

I thought he was an unabashed anglophile. I guess he is bashed. He regularly professes love for the english and english things. I wasn't pulling it out of thin air when I wrote that he would wave the St. George's Cross flag at the South Side Irish Parade.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:41 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
DAC wrote:

Hopefully.

There was quite a long portion of a segment yesterday where Tanny described his experiences with kids/lockdown.

But he seems to be a made guy in a way Parko is not.

Last edited by Crick Ramp on Fri May 01, 2020 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:42 am 

good dolphin wrote:
tommy wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I thought he was an unabashed anglophile. I guess he is bashed. He regularly professes love for the english and english things. I wasn't pulling it out of thin air when I wrote that he would wave the St. George's Cross flag at the South Side Irish Parade.

I’ve never understood how some people get so wrapped up in identifying with their heritage.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:38 am 

Crick Ramp wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
tommy wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I’ve never understood how some people get so wrapped up in identifying with their heritage.

There are any number of reasons in a big city, including social, economic and political benefits. However, taking it at a very basic level, it seems almost innate for people to be interested in their genetic past.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 4:17 pm 

I get sociology 101. Just weird how some people get so wrapped up in it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next