It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

A lot during that hour long segment.

I listened to it on the podcast.

I enjoyed that segment. Hearing them admit that Mully is a b.itch. A guy who can't take a little ball busting. Larry is the same way but they didn't go off on him.

Specifically, Mac said Mully got mad a few times when Mac made fun of him for his long-winded two minute questions to guests.

Parkins made a good point. Radio guys take shots all the time. They criticize the sports guys that can't take it. Yet they can't take it themselves.

Instead of being mad, Mully, why not try to be better at interviews and not ask a two minute question? Maybe take some constructive criticism and try to improve? What's wrong with that?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:06 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Beardown wrote:
A guy who can't take a little ball busting. Larry is the same way but they didn't go off on him.

In their defense, there is a hallway outside the door.

And I'm not entirely certain what floor the studios are on.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I don't see any mentions of them mentioning Jules. This avoidance will not stand.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Beardown wrote:
Instead of being mad, Mully, why not try to be better at interviews and not ask a two minute question? Maybe take some constructive criticism and try to improve? What's wrong with that?

I agree with the entirety of your opening post.

Regarding the quoted portion, Mully is lazy as fuck when it comes to his craft of on air radio. And he’s clearly very thin skinned, and probably doesn’t receive much constructive criticism cuz he can’t handle it.

Plus, what incentive at this point does he have to get better? I agree he should attempt to try and get better but I don’t know how many examples there are of 60 year olds or however old he is suddenly becoming more articulate.

He’s a lost cause—the blubbering fuck.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:33 pm 

They should have got rid of Mully instead of Hanley

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

For some reason Mully and Haugh do good ratings.

I've listened to them more recently for obvious reasons.

I find them to be generic. Mully gives the obvious sports opinion. Haugh gives the obvious sports opinion. Then they have guests pretty much every segment where Mully does the rambling on with a 2 minute question. Haugh tries to act smart but he's not.

They suck. But people seem to like it.

Bernstein has a personality. Mac and Parkins have a personality. That makes them more interesting in these times with no sports.

Mully and Haugh don't have any sort of wit or personality. Nor does Larry. They're boring with no sense of humor. In these times their lacking of these traits stick out when there are no fucking sports to talk about. Cuz anybody can talk about what happened in a fucking game. When there are no games, Mully, Haugh and Larry just have nothing to offer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:08 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Mully and Haugh don't have any sort of wit or personality. Nor does Larry. They're boring with no sense of humor. In these times their lacking of these traits stick out when there are no fucking sports to talk about. Cuz anybody can talk about what happened in a fucking game. When there are no games, Mully, Haugh and Larry just have nothing to offer.

Larry is a pro at least. Meaning, he Keeps the pace moving and knows how to conductan interview with active listening skills that allow him to facilitate a conversation. Not just hit on pre-determined bullet points. With that said, I’ve found him less and less interesting as the years go by and rarely listen

Mully has zero skills.its not the 2 minute questions that are the problem, it’s that 67% of the words are either UH Uh, or the phrase...ya know David, I gotta tell ya...uh uh. Arse.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
I don't see any mentions of them mentioning Jules. This avoidance will not stand.

God wills it!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Crick Ramp wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Larry is a pro at least. Meaning, he Keeps the pace moving and knows how to conductan interview with active listening skills that allow him to facilitate a conversation. Not just hit on pre-determined bullet points. With that said, I’ve found him less and less interesting as the years go by and rarely listen

Mully has zero skills.its not the 2 minute questions that are the problem, it’s that 67% of the words are either UH Uh, or the phrase...ya know David, I gotta tell ya...uh uh. Arse.

No. Larry talks to his guests like they are kindergarten students and he's the teacher. He's talking to adults. Just talk normal. He's a fucking weirdo. And when he gets women on as guests it extra weird.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:16 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Outside of playing other people's shows on his own.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:17 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Beardown wrote:
No. Larry talks to his guests like they are kindergarten students and he's the teacher. He's talking to adults. Just talk normal. He's a fucking weirdo. And when he gets women on as guests it extra weird.

:lol: You're not wrong.

Mister Holmes' Neighborhood.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:20 pm 

Larry and women are not a good mix. That cannot be argued.

I was more or less comparing him to Mully. But I’m not prepared to die on the Larry hill. Fuck him

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:21 pm 

Cashman wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Beardown wrote:

What say you about his Joe Maddon infatuation? Haha. That’s surpassed creepy levels.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

And Mully has this phony jolly, fat guy, "Irish-Catholic" thing that is annoying and phony. He thinks it's cute. It's not

Like where he screams when introducing a guest and says things like Brad Biggs is his "Deer friend". Not just Biggs, he does it with all guests.

Just introduce guests without that phony shit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:41 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Beardown wrote:

What say you about his Joe Maddon infatuation? Haha. That’s surpassed creepy levels.

Ohhh.....jesus....The worst is when he tricks a woman to be on the show. He tries too hard, and that weird ass laugh....

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

Crick Ramp wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I feel Larry's interviews are too often cookie-cutter/PR type of interviews. He seems more interested in being friends with the guest than challenging them. I'm not suggesting that he be rude or disrespectful to a guest, but he should be able to rebut a response.