It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Great interview with Daniel Negreanu on Tuesday's show. I've listened to Negreanu on fantasy hockey podcasts in the past and his knowledge of hockey is expert level.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:11 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Mac FM wrote:
Clawmaster, your view comes from a distance. Just as Parkins' view did with me when he says "you're a rich dude." That's absurd. He just doesn't stop to think about what happened in my life before I became a part of his in the 21st Century.

I've thought a lot about young Danny because I know just enough to feel terribly sorry for his childhood trauma. Scoliosis is ugly. I had spinal fusion (just L-4, L-5, S-1) when I was 45. I enjoyed an active, athletic youth and was reasonably strong most of my life, despite the orthopedic issues. Can you imagine being a sports-loving 8 or 9 year-old and going through an ENTIRE SPINAL COLUMN FUSION? Dreams shattered before you have hair on your balls?

Took me a long time to realize I should stop to pause and try to think of the world through somebody else's eyes and experiences before reaching conclusions about why they are the way they are. Between the ears, Parkins might be one of the toughest dudes I've ever met in sports radio.

None of this has anything to with the approach he has taken to sports talk radio. All of the gambling lines and sabermetric data are easily accessed via the internet, that type of sport talk adds nothing because it is easily obtained in a multitude of places. The real talent is providing unique content which is only available by having thoughts that no one else does on a particular subject. We have a saying in the medical field, "I need a different set of eyes", meaning I need and welcome another opinion, even though it may be radically different from mine. Sports talk radio is a tedious listen when everyone sees things through the same set of eyes, it used to be the place one could go to escape the stench of the group think that we currently face.

Good post Claw. Bill Simmons didn't become a millionaire because he's "the smartest guy in the room". He made it because he has a unique perspective. You have to make yourself worth listening to. Afternoon drive isn't my time to listen. But I did listen when Parkins was with Spiegel and I found him fairly enjoyable. Consensus seems to be he's lost something being teamed up with McNeil.

In all fairness, it's not just Parkins but most of the on air hosts. I find myself PTFB because it just is not fun anymore to listen.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
DAC wrote:
Great interview with Daniel Negreanu on Tuesday's show. I've listened to Negreanu on fantasy hockey podcasts in the past and his knowledge of hockey is expert level.

He was great. Very sharp dude

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Mac and Parkins are quickly turning off fans in the same way Bernstein and Goff did. I expected it from Parkins, but Mac's whining about the Cubs lack of "standing behind" Heyward was nauseating. Schep actually had the balls to get on the mic and ask Mac why the team shouldn't have taken Heyward at his word that he wanted them to play.

These players and leagues are going to find out that the fans can survive without them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I tuned in today about 3:50 and Parkins was talking (lecturing) about how important it is to have a conversation about reparations.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Tad Queasy wrote:
I tuned in today about 3:50 and Parkins was talking (lecturing) about how important it is to have a conversation about reparations.

He can start by giving up his slot to a black person or cutting his salary in half so a black co-host can be added.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Mac and Parkins are quickly turning off fans in the same way Bernstein and Goff did. I expected it from Parkins, but Mac's whining about the Cubs lack of "standing behind" Heyward was nauseating. Schep actually had the balls to get on the mic and ask Mac why the team shouldn't have taken Heyward at his word that he wanted them to play.

These players and leagues are going to find out that the fans can survive without them.

We survived for several months without any of them. Now that my kids are starting to get back to sports I would much rather watch them.
I don’t understand how these athletes have an audience and an open mic and they are walking away from it. Use these games to get your message out. Go ahead say what you need to while you have the audience. If they walk away for a while they stand a good chance of losing viewers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Less sports, more layoffs at 670. I'm perfectly fine with it at this point. It hasn't been entertaining in years anyways.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:09 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:

He asked Jed Hoyer if it bothered him that Heyward the black man was the only one sitting out and if it bothered him that no white guys thought to sit out. No mention about any other ethnic groups not sitting out, just white guys. So tired of the bullshit from the media.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:12 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

He can start by giving up his slot to a black person or cutting his salary in half so a black co-host can be added.

I'm sure Goff would love to get his spot back that Parkins took from him. Be the better man Parkins and give Goff half your salary and show support.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:49 am 

Juiced wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

He asked Jed Hoyer if it bothered him that Heyward the black man was the only one sitting out and if it bothered him that no white guys thought to sit out. No mention about any other ethnic groups not sitting out, just white guys. So tired of the bullshit from the media.

Were my ears deceiving me when Parkins said something like "blacks are not dominating baseball at a level they should"? I kind of shook it off but then he returned to a similar sentiment at the end. Break that down and that is just a more subtle version of Jimmy the Greek's famous words.

He also said something that was disturbing, to paraphrase: baseball locker rooms tend to lean conservative with the strong implication that conservative thought is not only wrong but inherently racist.

Parkins is a pandering simpleton. I really feel bad for having finally reached that conclusion but that's what he is. He takes these "right side of history" type positions because they are fashionable. You don't hear deep thought or logic as to how he arrived at the position. Even further, he doesn't live in a manner that shows he believes what he says.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: The Hut
Juiced wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Mac FM wrote:
Clawmaster, your view comes from a distance. Just as Parkins' view did with me when he says "you're a rich dude." That's absurd. He just doesn't stop to think about what happened in my life before I became a part of his in the 21st Century.

I've thought a lot about young Danny because I know just enough to feel terribly sorry for his childhood trauma. Scoliosis is ugly. I had spinal fusion (just L-4, L-5, S-1) when I was 45. I enjoyed an active, athletic youth and was reasonably strong most of my life, despite the orthopedic issues. Can you imagine being a sports-loving 8 or 9 year-old and going through an ENTIRE SPINAL COLUMN FUSION? Dreams shattered before you have hair on your balls?

Took me a long time to realize I should stop to pause and try to think of the world through somebody else's eyes and experiences before reaching conclusions about why they are the way they are. Between the ears, Parkins might be one of the toughest dudes I've ever met in sports radio.

None of this has anything to with the approach he has taken to sports talk radio. All of the gambling lines and sabermetric data are easily accessed via the internet, that type of sport talk adds nothing because it is easily obtained in a multitude of places. The real talent is providing unique content which is only available by having thoughts that no one else does on a particular subject. We have a saying in the medical field, "I need a different set of eyes", meaning I need and welcome another opinion, even though it may be radically different from mine. Sports talk radio is a tedious listen when everyone sees things through the same set of eyes, it used to be the place one could go to escape the stench of the group think that we currently face.

Good post Claw. Bill Simmons didn't become a millionaire because he's "the smartest guy in the room". He made it because he has a unique perspective. You have to make yourself worth listening to. Afternoon drive isn't my time to listen. But I did listen when Parkins was with Spiegel and I found him fairly enjoyable. Consensus seems to be he's lost something being teamed up with McNeil.

In all fairness, it's not just Parkins but most of the on air hosts. I find myself PTFB because it just is not fun anymore to listen.

I switched to AM 1000.

Dunzo with these fucking panty-wearing crusaders.

J. Hood was on with Kap this morning, and he presents things in a professional manner, like always. Doesn't avoid the tough subjects, but he certainly doesn't dwell on them and alienate his audience. And he knows his shit when it comes to most sports. I could listen to that dude all day.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:21 am 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

This. Lead by example.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:00 pm 

Is Heyward sitting out any different than Villenueva standing at attention for the Steelers a few years ago. How did all these hosts handle his team not joining him in a righteous display?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
good dolphin wrote:
He also said something that was disturbing, to paraphrase: baseball locker rooms tend to lean conservative with the strong implication that conservative thought is not only wrong but inherently racist.

I heard that too and was hoping it was poorly worded, but now I'm not so sure after reading your post.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
good dolphin wrote:

In 2020 after what we have seen for the last 4 years, that's a pretty accurate comment. And I agree that it's disturbing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
Is Heyward sitting out any different than Villenueva standing at attention for the Steelers a few years ago. How did all these hosts handle his team not joining him in a righteous display?

IIRC, Villanueva was painted as the bad guy ironically enough.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Were my ears deceiving me when Parkins said something like "blacks are not dominating baseball at a level they should"? I kind of shook it off but then he returned to a similar sentiment at the end. Break that down and that is just a more subtle version of Jimmy the Greek's famous words.

Parkins is a pandering simpleton. I really feel bad for having finally reached that conclusion but that's what he is. He takes these "right side of history" type positions because they are fashionable. You don't hear deep thought or logic as to how he arrived at the position. Even further, he doesn't live in a manner that shows he believes what he says.

Nailed it.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Anyone hear Parkins try to lay into Kirk Cousins today? Mac wasn't taking the bait.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Franky T wrote:
Anyone hear Parkins try to lay into Kirk Cousins today? Mac wasn't taking the bait.
I don’t know when that happened but I heard Parkins and Mac both agree that Cousins comments were fine and that a headline was misleading.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
good dolphin wrote:

Pretty sure I could not say it any better than that.

Even worse is Mac's descent into late-Terrydom.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
DAC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

In 2020 after what we have seen for the last 4 years, that's a pretty accurate comment. And I agree that it's disturbing.

^ Golden Jet's mult

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
There was a lot of hype when Parkins was coming to 670. He's the Felix Pie of The Score. I thought he was a dud. Lame takes, boring and a weird dude too. They used to have weekend hosts better than that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:23 am 

Still have not listened to a live show. Just no reason to. After Bears games I will listen. I think that is when things heat up.

The station just got incredibly predictable and boring.

I relate it to my conservative fox news friends who cannot watch Hannity. Why? Its the same thing everyday and predictable.

Haugh and Mulley I always found boring, Bernstein adds zero to the score anymore, I think Parkins will addd some fun when football is on.

I like Silvy as well.

Honeslty, IMO, the best sports personality in Chicago right now is J-Hood. He is a great sports listen.

Again I think when Bear games get back, it will be good.

The COVID and SJW predictable crap just go extremely predictable and flat out boring.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Franky T wrote:
I don’t know when that happened but I heard Parkins and Mac both agree that Cousins comments were fine and that a headline was misleading.

When he realized Mac wasn't going to agree with him he reluctantly said he wasn't THAT bothered by them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:40 am 

BUMP :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
BUMP :lol:

Dan's got insurance!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Well Dan is gone, fuck you 670, this is why Barstool Chicago's local material now draws more eyes and ears than you will ever see again. Oh and those are the eyes and ears that sponsors are clamoring to get in front of.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:23 pm 

Fucking wow !

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:25 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Fucking wow !

was it announced on air?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next