It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Caller Bob wrote:
Assuming there are 10 million asymptomatic people in the United States with COVID-19. I think that number is high, but whatever, the odds of someone being in attendance at this game is less than 1%. Then assuming you practice reasonable distancing, washing your hands after you shit, the numbers go down that you will catch it from said person...It truly is absurd. :lol:

Plus, I think we'll see people in the stands wearing masks and more automated bathroom items and the elimination of putting on condiments that have the pump (automate it or have the food stand do it for you).

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
FrankDrebin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Assuming there are 10 million asymptomatic people in the United States with COVID-19. I think that number is high, but whatever, the odds of someone being in attendance at this game is less than 1%. Then assuming you practice reasonable distancing, washing your hands after you shit, the numbers go down that you will catch it from said person...It truly is absurd. :lol:

Plus, I think we'll see people in the stands wearing masks and more automated bathroom items and the elimination of putting on condiments that have the pump (automate it or have the food stand do it for you).

I don’t know how people wear these masks all day long. It sucks major balls even for 15 minutes a pop in a grocery store. Zero chance I’m wearing a mask to a ballgame. If that‘s required I’ll probably stay home until it’s not.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:31 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I don’t know how people wear these masks all day long. It sucks major balls even for 15 minutes a pop in a grocery store. Zero chance I’m wearing a mask to a ballgame. If that‘s required I’ll probably stay home until it’s not.

Only problem I have is when wearing my glasses. We both should be used to it since we donned gas masks in the service.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
FavreFan wrote:
This is of course the right response to this and I’m losing patience with those who pretend any other answer is the correct one right now.

How would you feel if a school district sent out a letter with..
Quote:
Therefore, we ask families to voluntarily comply with their recommendations, along with the Governor’s Stay-at-Home Order, and not participate in celebratory parades and group ceremonies....On May 22 at 20:20 (8:20 p.m.), residents are invited to give a “20-Second Cheer” for the graduates from their yards while practicing proper social distancing.
Our community has worked hard and made many sacrifices to get through the phases needed to safely reopen our community. I appreciate the community spirit and unity as we have worked through these difficult times. The Class of 2020 will certainly be remembered as one that put the needs of others before themselves.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
badrogue17 wrote:
Is anyone at 670 pro- go about your life , lift the stupid lockdown? Or is it akin to they all happen to be left-leaning, no Trump supporters to be found ? Or if they are, dont want to be known they are.

No and at should also be noted that Mitch fired the only one at his other station in Milwaukee 2 weeks into this crap. There is another one up here but he doesn't technically work for entercom, they just act as an affiliate for his own personal network.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:36 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Only problem I have is when wearing my glasses. We both should be used to it since we donned gas masks in the service.

A gas mask was more comfortable to breathe through than these bullshit masks :lol:

Then again I was a POG and never wore one outside of drills and boot camp so I can’t say for sure how I’d feel wearing one to Jewel. When the CS gas is flying fuck yeah give me a mask.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
FavreFan wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

A gas mask was more comfortable to breathe through than these bullshit masks :lol:

Then again I was a POG and never wore one outside of drills and boot camp so I can’t say for sure how I’d feel wearing one to Jewel. When the CS gas is flying fuck yeah give me a mask.

I still have two gas masks in my basement from back then. I am sure the filters are shot. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:39 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

"CHECK YOUR SEAL!"

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I still get ill the day we were all in formation and the fuckers CS rushed us. They had two canisters each taped to broom handles running up Dow and in between us all. Snot crying and choking as far as one could see.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:38 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
FrankDrebin wrote:

Catheter for all games and concerts from now on.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:40 pm 

those hurt. I'll take a stadium buddy

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

Catheter for all games and concerts from now on.

Not a fan of the Stadium Pal? Less invasive. (I worked one summer doing termite treatments with a guy named Les Invasive)

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Since you replied, Danny, I'll be the guy who reminds you that half of these guys want Mike North back and the others think the ideal show is one where Jurko can be released from the binding nature of the Mothership and swear like a sailor.

Take our criticism with a grain of salt. I like your show more than my alternatives most days, but I don't get my life meaning from it, either.

The source of this quote may be surprising, but it seems apt.
shakes wrote:
Either the people here know something that most people don't or this place is full of the dumbest mothefuckers you can find on the internet.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:58 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
K Effective wrote:
Since you replied, Danny, I'll be the guy who reminds you that half of these guys want Mike North back and the others think the ideal show is one where Jurko can be released from the binding nature of the Mothership and swear like a sailor.

Take our criticism with a grain of salt. I like your show more than my alternatives most days, but I don't get my life meaning from it, either.

The source of this quote may be surprising, but it seems apt.
shakes wrote:
Either the people here know something that most people don't or this place is full of the dumbest mothefuckers you can find on the internet.

Shakes is right...and right.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 4:30 am 

Favre I listened to Podcast after reading board. My thoughts

Doom and gloom is putting it nicely. A positive trend going on in my opinion right now, my Govenor(I voted for him) talked about opening resteraunts outside next week, phase 3, more and more sports seem like coming back, negative % of test, good news on vaccine front, obviously flattened the curve.

If you turned on the station earlier today you would have thought the opposite was going on in the world. The subject was would you go to a stadium, Ohio State.

Parkins was amazed at how many people would and found them selfish. I fall in the middle ground. I am not going to redicule someone or call them names if they do not want to go to an event if it were to happen. I am also not going to applaud those who go.

I think following the health experts and science is so important and I have researched this like crazy since my job is in the actuarial field.

COVID-19 attacks the elderly, esp the elderly with compromised immune and comorbidieies really bad. The data shows that. The vast majority of death and lasting effects are on those 70+, it gets real bad if 80+

Those under 40, including children, influenza is much worse and has a higher morality and morbidity rate. Also those under 40 most likely will not know they have it or will have extremely mild syptoms. That is good and bad. Children have basically a zero rate, but the bad is it spreads without knowing.

These are facts. Anyone who denies it is lying. Many people talk about 2nd wave and Mac is all certain its doom and gloom and sports will be cancelled. That could happen. What could also happen is better theraputics, a vaccine, social distancing, better hygiene.

It was extremely preachy and preached to my base, the left. Lets call it what this is now. Its right vs left. I am left, but moderate.

I cant stand Trump, do not find him to be a good leader in this pandemic in uniting us, but I get annoyed by preachiness no matter what side.

Anyone else listen. Same take?

If it was up to me I would not go to a football stadium for I have those who are immune compromised in family and would not want them to get sick.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:53 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
My take is that Parkins is the polar opposite of what made this station great in the 90s. It used to be blue collar guys having a laugh. Mitch Rosen sucks for building a station around two dorks like Bernstein and Parkins. I still listen to a little Mully but the rest of the lineup I don't support. I've listened to Kap a little more recently.

Are you happy for me?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
blackhawksfan wrote:
My take is that Parkins is the polar opposite of what made this station great in the 90s. It used to be blue collar guys having a laugh. Mitch Rosen sucks for building a station around two dorks like Bernstein and Parkins. I still listen to a little Mully but the rest of the lineup I don't support. I've listened to Kap a little more recently.

Are you happy for me?

Exactly - Imagine sitting around, having a beer, and talking sports with some guys. The guys who could have both a lucid and enjoyable conversation about sports are those who should be hosting. Some of these hosts can present, it's just that they're not enjoyable.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:21 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
If I were single like FF or gay like Bob, I would go. Having a 20 month old kid at home, I have to think of him and at least take some precautions for his sake.

Why? From all the data available the flu is worse for toddlers than the coronavirus. Have you been worried about that all winter?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Absentee father is one thing I wasn't accused of.... even in the worst of times. Caller Bob, may you have horrible stomach pain and spend the whole weekend on your knees, praying to the porcelain Gods, regretting your bullshit comment.

As for the virus, this isn't left... it isn't right... it's THE MEDICAL PARTY to which I belong. Yeah, I've made money because of sports but along the way, I realized just how unessential they are. I love live music and going to the movies as much (maybe more?) than sports and I'm not whining about their return and my NEED for them. Some of you still have a lot of growing up to do. In case you haven't heard, we're in unprecedented times.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:14 pm 

Mac FM wrote:
Absentee father is one thing I wasn't accused of.... even in the worst of times. Caller Bob, may you have horrible stomach pain and spend the whole weekend on your knees, praying to the porcelain Gods, regretting your bullshit comment.

As for the virus, this isn't left... it isn't right... it's THE MEDICAL PARTY to which I belong. Yeah, I've made money because of sports but along the way, I realized just how unessential they are. I love live music and going to the movies as much (maybe more?) than sports and I'm not whining about their return and my NEED for them. Some of you still have a lot of growing up to do. In case you haven't heard, we're in unprecedented times.

FarveFan wrote:

Be honest. Say how you feel any given day about the coronavirus. I’m cool with that. But stop the lecturing and scolding and calling people selfish. They’re dealing with all of this shit just like you are and are just trying to get a piece of their life back.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:14 pm 

Did it go from "unusual times" to "unprecedented times"?

"Extreme times"..."Extraordinary times"?

What have we decided to go with?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:15 pm 

Mac FM wrote:
As for the virus, this isn't left... it isn't right... it's THE MEDICAL PARTY to which I belong. .

The medical party? There are experts in the medical field that disagree. But yet you guys refuse to see that. You have buried your heads into one side of this deal and refuse to even consider there is another side.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
The pill popper is telling us to grow up. That's rich.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Mac FM wrote:
In case you haven't heard, we're in unprecedented times.

:lol:

I've heard that somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:20 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Mac FM wrote:
As for the virus, this isn't left... it isn't right... it's THE MEDICAL PARTY to which I belong. .

The medical party? There are experts in the medical field that disagree. But yet you guys refuse to see that. You have buried your heads into one side of this deal and refuse to even consider there is another side.

I think we're supposed to respect the science that says you're what , 99% likely to beat this even if you get it ? CLUTCH THOSE PEARLS BRO!! PANIC!! STAY INSIDE !!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Caller Bob... you're nothing... not even a bug stain on my windshield.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:31 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Maybe. Enjoy living in fear.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Spaulding wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
If I were single like FF or gay like Bob, I would go. Having a 20 month old kid at home, I have to think of him and at least take some precautions for his sake.

Why? From all the data available the flu is worse for toddlers than the coronavirus. Have you been worried about that all winter?

Flu is worse for anyone under 25 years old than the china virus.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Mac FM wrote:
As for the virus, this isn't left... it isn't right... it's THE MEDICAL PARTY to which I belong.
What does THE MEDICAL PARTY say about Marlboros?

Spaulding wrote:
No. Flu shot.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 11:24 pm 

pizza_Place: The Hut
RFDC wrote:
Mac FM wrote:

This.

Unlistenable.

I'm all youtube podcasts 24/7 now.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next