It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn...Frozen!
103.9, The Rock of the Region. Solid radio station.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
RFDC wrote:
Thanks for checking in Parkins.

Would it hurt you guys to have any other medical perspective than just your Doctor Citronberg? There are other medical and scientific opinions that differ and you guys completely ignore that.

And as much as you hate guys like Clay Travis. They have been right on a lot of things so far.

Parko laid into him today. Why not have him on to debate you Danny?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Franky T wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Thanks for checking in Parkins.

Would it hurt you guys to have any other medical perspective than just your Doctor Citronberg? There are other medical and scientific opinions that differ and you guys completely ignore that.

And as much as you hate guys like Clay Travis. They have been right on a lot of things so far.

Parko laid into him today. Why not have him on to debate you Danny?

Wow, I just listened to that segment via podcast. I didnt know who clay Travis was until a few weeks ago, but apparantly he is very popular and somewhat mainstream. I don't think he would debate Danny for I honestly don't think he knows who is he. He is a national guy.

But Clay Travis is living rent free in Danny's head for sure. He should just let his anger and hate go. Lot of people have dumb followers. Look at the Kardashians. Who cares.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
cliff notes?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:53 pm 

Travis has been saying on twitter corona is not as bad, etc. Open up schools, play sports, etc. He is conservative leaning.

Parkins is the opposite. Says Travis followers are dumb and he hates him.

It would be a fun debate, but I don't think there is any incentive for Travis. Probably has no idea who Parkins is.

I agree with Parkins, but Travis for whatever reason really irriates him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:31 am 

My guess is that in national sports radio, national is a step down from drive time local host. There are very few national guys that have any ratings above those of any other show in their network.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:57 am 

cookie23 wrote:
Travis has been saying on twitter corona is not as bad, etc. Open up schools, play sports, etc. He is conservative leaning.

Parkins is the opposite. Says Travis followers are dumb and he hates him.

It would be a fun debate, but I don't think there is any incentive for Travis. Probably has no idea who Parkins is.

I agree with Parkins, but Travis for whatever reason really irriates him.

Yeah Travis espouses outrageous statements like your kids are more likely to die of the flu than corona so open up the schools , play sports , etc . Parkins uses his fainting couch after hearing facts like that .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Parkins had Dick Jauron on today, and Jauron's stoicism hasn't changed in 20 years.

Jauron: I don't have a lot of regrets. I enjoyed a lot of it. I enjoyed almost all of it. Not all of it, but almost all of it.

("That's not my show, but I'm on that show.")

And then this exchange:

Parkins: How did you embrace a work/life balance where you were able to play golf a lot, in contrast to other coaches who worked 24 hours a day and slept at the facility?
Jauron: I didn't see the value in sacrificing family time by working more than 14 hours a day. But hey...I wasn't overly successful. Other guys did it different and won a lot of games.
Parkins: Aren't you being hard on yourself there? Is that cynicism? What is that emotion when you say 'I wasn't that successful'?
Jauron: It's not cynicism, it's just fact.

:lol: :lol: :lol: (Jauron's record was 60-82, and 0-1 in playoffs)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Parkins had Dick Jauron on today, and Jauron's stoicism hasn't changed in 20 years.

Jauron: I don't have a lot of regrets. I enjoyed a lot of it. I enjoyed almost all of it. Not all of it, but almost all of it.

("That's not my show, but I'm on that show.")

And then this exchange:

Parkins: How did you embrace a work/life balance where you were able to play golf a lot, in contrast to other coaches who worked 24 hours a day and slept at the facility?
Jauron: I didn't see the value in sacrificing family time by working more than 14 hours a day. But hey...I wasn't overly successful. Other guys did it different and won a lot of games.
Parkins: Aren't you being hard on yourself there? Is that cynicism? What is that emotion when you say 'I wasn't that successful'?
Jauron: It's not cynicism, it's just fact.

:lol: :lol: :lol: (Jauron's record was 60-82, and 0-1 in playoffs)

Hub would still tell you he was a great coach.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I wouldn't say Jauron was a great coach but...

- He had some pretty crappy rosters he was dealt
- The teams he did had overachieved and were scrappy

Weird, weird dude. I don't think he was a great coach, but I do think he was a little better than his record indicates.

Jauron speaking was fun bad.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Marie's
good dolphin wrote:
My guess is that in national sports radio, national is a step down from drive time local host. There are very few national guys that have any ratings above those of any other show in their network.

Stay out of the media business. Travis makes more and is more well known than Parkins.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:11 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:

It is definitely a step down to be a national guy on CBS Sports Radio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Trump Pies delivered by fwank
Good show yesterday. Much better than with Parkey there.

Bring back the Mac and Spiegs show-permanent-, you'll be glad you did.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Mac FM wrote:
Absentee father is one thing I wasn't accused of.... even in the worst of times. Caller Bob, may you have horrible stomach pain and spend the whole weekend on your knees, praying to the porcelain Gods, regretting your bullshit comment.

As for the virus, this isn't left... it isn't right... it's THE MEDICAL PARTY to which I belong. Yeah, I've made money because of sports but along the way, I realized just how unessential they are. I love live music and going to the movies as much (maybe more?) than sports and I'm not whining about their return and my NEED for them. Some of you still have a lot of growing up to do. In case you haven't heard, we're in unprecedented times.

Well, well, Karma's a bitch Mac. How many times can you get fired from a job? Go back to sitting in your home and pill popping you fucking loser.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5