It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mac is on a monthly deal
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

Not sure how many months. But he's talked about it the last few days.

Not the standard long term yearly deal that everybody gets. It's monthly.

And he was talking about being cool with being fired yesterday. Says he understands.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
So how much does he get out of bed for $4,999/month?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:58 pm 

denisdman wrote:
So how much does he get out of bed for $4,999/month?

That's not even good suit money.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yesterday, even Parkins admitted that he was scared that his ass would be fired.

I'm still thinking it's gonna be Larry in a few months. And they just make Bernstein go one more hour. Then Make Mac and Parkins pick up the other hour.

That's the easiest fix for the lack of revenue from Entercom.

Mitch squeezed in Larry to the day part as a favor when it wasn't necessary anyway. So it seems he would be the one to go.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:14 pm 

As scared as Mac has been lately it might be best for him to ride off into the sunset.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
As scared as Mac has been lately it might be best for him to ride off into the sunset.

No. He's got an autistic son to take care of for the rest of his life. In these times he has to hang on as long as he can.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Beardown wrote:
RFDC wrote:

No. He's got an autistic son to take care of for the rest of his life. In these times he has to hang on as long as he can.

Especially if we are going into an inflationary environment for the next few years for the types of services that his son may need.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Beardown wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Especially if we are going into an inflationary environment for the next few years for the types of services that his son may need.

Yeah.

I'm just thinking about how Mitch is gonna do the next whacking when ordered by his bosses.

Mac: Made a lot of money, has his autistic son though.

Bernstein: Made a lot of money, but has to put two kids through college. And the wife is out of work.

Larry: Made a little money, but has no kids. And allegedly a phony wife.

Mully and Haugh: They're older. Kids are older. They've made a decent living. Probably have a decent amount in the bank. It wouldn't be both of them that get it. Probably Haugh if Mitch had to make a choice. And make Mully go solo I guess.

It's a tough decision for Mitch. But I think it will be Larry. I think that's why McDoink got it in the first wave. He was single with no kids.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

Also, it's about what they bring in for the SCORE as far as revenue. I think Mac, Mully and Bernstein do that better than Larry. Parkins just had a kid too. Mitch will consider that. And he has some value for being the young gunner.

So, we'll see.

I say it's Larry first.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Soup Kitchen
Would Mac be comfortable taking less if he continues doing the shows from the basement even after the studios open back up or is the face-to-face camaraderie what the show needs? Not a bad gig to walk downstairs and talk sports for a few hours. A lot more time for fishing and golf without 10 hours of commuting each week.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Aren't those kind of decisions made at a level above Mitch?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Rerun Larry has to be on the block. He gets two damn hours and all he seems to do, at least all I catching him doing, is replays of other shows or his podcasts.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
LoHo is a good foot soldier. I think you go after the two man shows first. Unless you’re going to use national content, you don’t save much by getting rid of LoHo. Now you could make him go four hours. Plus the station needs more diversity, not less.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 7:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
This could work out well for Mac if sports come back soon. Surprisingly, he appears to be against their return.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Mac hasn't been the same since he tried the FM gig. I think he's mentally done with radio. Remember a few months back he brought up a meeting he had with Parkins? Lots of red flags.

PS: Entercom's stock has recovered from it's 75 cent low. It is currently trading at $1.85/share

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 8:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Mac is fine. I enjoy him and Parkins.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Nas wrote:
Mac is fine. I enjoy him and Parkins.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Thanks, Nas. I am fine. Franky T, yes is the answer to your question.... to a degree.

Don't know what I said leading Beardown to infer I'm on a monthly deal but I'm not. I'm a day or two away away from doing an 18-month extension, beginning August 1 and concluding shortly after Super Bowl 56. It's 1997 money and I'm grateful to have it.

We'll see where it goes from there, but it's highly likely I will sling my musky rod and walk off into the sunset, barring vacation relief gigs, Bears/NFL specialty programming.

Speaking of the musky rod... I will be getting unpaid vacation time soon to recharge the battery and spend time with my family. Happy to have it, despite what had been discussed pre-pandemic. 0 Patrick and I are doing an RV trip to see my brother in Phoenix (stopping in the Rockies for a few days, never done it!)... then I have cottage in July, plus something with my wife, maybe a short RV trip to Northern Michigan.

Peace, y'all. Irie-ites unite.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Mac FM wrote:
Thanks, Nas. I am fine. Franky T, yes is the answer to your question.... to a degree.

Don't know what I said leading Beardown to infer I'm on a monthly deal but I'm not. I'm a day or two away away from doing an 18-month extension, beginning August 1 and concluding shortly after Super Bowl 56. It's 1997 money and I'm grateful to have it.

We'll see where it goes from there, but it's highly likely I will sling my musky rod and walk off into the sunset, barring vacation relief gigs, Bears/NFL specialty programming.

Speaking of the musky rod... I will be getting unpaid vacation time soon to recharge the battery and spend time with my family. Happy to have it, despite what had been discussed pre-pandemic. 0 Patrick and I are doing an RV trip to see my brother in Phoenix (stopping in the Rockies for a few days, never done it!)... then I have cottage in July, plus something with my wife, maybe a short RV trip to Northern Michigan.

any chance you get terry to sign on for an 18 month goodbye tour and dump parko off on bernsy?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:47 pm 

Wow imagine that Beardown wrong?

Good to see ya Mac.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Mac FM wrote:

Thanks for the update Mac. Glad to hear you’re here for a while. It’s none of my business but why is it an “unpaid vacation“? Is that by choice or part of the cost cutting by management?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Mac FM wrote:

Dude I did the rockies a few years back. Wife and I traveled west for the Great American Eclipse. Saw the eclipse in grand island NE and spend a night in the worlds worst city, Pig Springs Nebraska.
Anyhoodles we spend a week in Estes Park and two days driving up and down trail ridge road. Saw moose and moose uh babies swimming in pristine lakes, big horn sheep, elk, and black and brown bear. Positively amazing.

Take your time in the rockies. Especially in summer.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Monthly, like his period.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Get that contract signed before Jules drops her wrongful termination lawsuit on the station.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: The Hut
Serious Take:

I would keep the talent, fire the sales department, and make these guys dance for their supper like it used to be in the old days (i.e. bring in sponsor money).

I bet Mac would whup ass at the chance to get back in the saddle and dominate.

If you ain't an "earner", see ya.

Makes cuts easy.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:30 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
I hear Brown's Chicken is available.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 6:11 am 
1000 CLUB

Mac FM wrote:

Ok. Yeah, you were vague when talking about it on the air. I misinterpreted what you were saying. Sorry. Congratulations, though. Good for you to get 18 months in these shitty times.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 7:45 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Mac FM wrote:

Good to hear. Your show along with a segment or two of Bernsie is my daily entertainment. Northern Michigan- headed to Traverse City in a couple weeks to terrorize the smallmouth.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Glad to hear you will be around Mac even if it is at '97 rates. Why is your vacation unpaid? Is that the same for everyone this year due to the company's issues?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Odd. I remember Mac saying that he was trying to get back into the radio business to get enough money to support Patrick for life while still able to work, and his financials were apparently such that he needed to sling Fords while he got back into the game.

But now, in just, 2.5 years, Mac is ready to hang up the phones after another 18 months at a reduced rate? I don't know what he has been making since his return, but it strains believability to think it is "set up care for life"-money.

Have the goals changed? Has he been trying to "fake it to make it" with Parkins but just can't hold out much longer?