It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:01 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
IIRC correctly, Mac said even back then that he only needed to work for a handful of years to accomplish that.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Mac FM wrote:
My monthly nut on a life insurance policy so he can live when I'm not, however, is more than many spend on a monthly car payment. I gotta bang out another 10 years at a low, low six figure-income to keep living the way I do.
Very well could have been an embellishment, or maybe his life insurance rates dropped now that he's living a clean(er) lifestyle.

If not though, Mac is looking for an out in year 3 of a 10-year plan. Are his demons back and pushing him out? Station management? His on-air partner?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
He can make six figures for 10 years doing something other than a radio show.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati’s
Beardown's Lecture Notes

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:55 am 

I am absolutely dumbfounded by the guys who retire from sports radio. Four hours of work per day IS retirement for most people. Get up late and still be able to come home at dinner time. So much vacation time they have to fall over themselves trying to squeeze it in every year. Even 1997 pay is a six figure salary for this work.

Howard Stern has turned into a detestable person but he has it correct. You don't walk away from money on the table, especially easy money. Now, I wouldn't be as quick to have Les graveyard shift but I would find 30 years of full retirement to be unattractive

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
good dolphin wrote:
I am absolutely dumbfounded by the guys who retire from sports radio. Four hours of work per day IS retirement for most people. Get up late and still be able to come home at dinner time. So much vacation time they have to fall over themselves trying to squeeze it in every year. Even 1997 pay is a six figure salary for this work.

Howard Stern has turned into a detestable person but he has it correct. You don't walk away from money on the table, especially easy money. Now, I wouldn't be as quick to have Les graveyard shift but I would find 30 years of full retirement to be unattractive

100% agree. It makes me wonder how draining working with Parkins is for Mac. I'd like to see Mac and Bernstein flip spots and have Mac do a solo show with a engaged producer. He could also have Meatpants and other occasional co-hosts of his choosing. The most energetic and fun Mac to listen to in a long time was when Parkins was out. Let Parkins and Bernstein host 'Really Serious' radio in Drive time and let Mac get back to having fun.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: The Hut
good dolphin wrote:

No doubt. The old guys who work at the local True Value Hardware store would cast a sideways glare!

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 3:40 pm 

FukNuggitt wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

No doubt. The old guys who work at the local True Value Hardware store would cast a sideways glare!

I'm not saying I'm against retirement but why would you ever retire from THAT job? Even if you hate it, and its hard to believe you could, the money they give for the conditions are simply too good. Make an agreement to broadcast from a studio in the north woods if a change in latitudes is what you crave. Hell, Dahl used to run a show from the couch in his Florida condo. Sure it showed, but he was never one to give a shit.

Retirement was meant for people doing manual labor who's bodies gave out. When your product is your thought, you can work until dementia.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:18 pm 

I'm happy for ya Mac!

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Mac could easily take Spiegels role in 2022 -

I still think he should pair up with Lauren Magiera for an outdoors show. I wouldn't watch, but I think they'd make a nice side living doing it.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
August Schell wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

100% agree. It makes me wonder how draining working with Parkins is for Mac. I'd like to see Mac and Bernstein flip spots and have Mac do a solo show with a engaged producer. He could also have Meatpants and other occasional co-hosts of his choosing. The most energetic and fun Mac to listen to in a long time was when Parkins was out. Let Parkins and Bernstein host 'Really Serious' radio in Drive time and let Mac get back to having fun.

This is correct. Mac reminds me of Boers towards the end. You knew he didn't buy 75 percent of the bullshit Bernstein was peddling but he would agree with everything and just do enough to keep the money rolling in without rocking the boat. Funny how Mac teased Harry Teinowitz to the point of a suspension for his rich upbringing. With Parkins he lets him make his preachy out of touch rich boy speeches and says nothing.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:38 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Beardown's sources revealed : sitting on the can making up shit.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Marie's
Mac is a joke. Posting pics of steak while people are dying. He is Pelosi showing everyone all her ice cream.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Phil Leotardo wrote:
Mac is a joke. Posting pics of steak while people are dying. He is Pelosi showing everyone all her ice cream.

What a dumb fucking post.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:28 pm 

Phil Leotardo wrote:

ive liked mac throughout the years in chicago radio. he admits he's not the perfect human being which many in the media try to portray they are. He most times is relatable to the avg. guy as well. Yes he tends to be an ass at times but really which one of us isn't from time to time even if we don't want to admit it.

back in the early 2000s, i knew a tourism guy who catered to Japanese tourists and would create these promotional vacation videos and send them out to japan. He always use to tell me he never was able to book the right 'American' guy for his videos. Meaning like your avg american fella that would appeal to the Japanese tourists and sort of sell an all American tour package on the islands. I use to always say to the guy I know this guy who does radio in chicago who would be prefect as 'the American' guy you're looking for to woo the tourists out in Japan.

Yes that would be mac! Too bad I had no connections in the radio biz - all I gave the guy was the dial in # for WSCR or am 1000. Guy probably never got thru since it didnt happen but if it did, mac would have made some pretty good coin doing those promotional videos and be introduced to another career/side gig.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
HawaiiYou wrote:

Yes that would be mac! Too bad I had no connections in the radio biz - all I gave the guy was the dial in # for WSCR or am 1000. Guy probably never got thru since it didnt happen but if it did, mac would have made some pretty good coin doing those promotional videos and be introduced to another career/side gig.

Copper pot hat, Hawaiian shirt and grass skirt.. I can see it now.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:42 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Copper pot hat, Hawaiian shirt and grass skirt.. I can see it now.

EXACTLY! You know what these videos were, some weak surfer dude walking around w/ some japanese woman talking about the hotels or resorts this guy had on contract.

Mac would have killed it. the dudes this guy got were like california wimps and it just didnt come off at all. A good hearty midwesterner would have been the perfect role and Mac would have been perfect casting.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 12:28 am 
1000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
Rerun Larry has to be on the block. He gets two damn hours and all he seems to do, at least all I catching him doing, is replays of other shows or his podcasts.

I originally gave his 2 hour show a chance, but that's exactly what it is - Best of the Score Broadcast Day with highlights of what happened in sports the day before (not anymore). Who thinks that is a good idea?

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
BD wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Rerun Larry has to be on the block. He gets two damn hours and all he seems to do, at least all I catching him doing, is replays of other shows or his podcasts.

I originally gave his 2 hour show a chance, but that's exactly what it is - Best of the Score Broadcast Day with highlights of what happened in sports the day before (not anymore). Who thinks that is a good idea?

Yup, there might be 5-10 mins of original content per hour after replays of content from other shows, pimping of his podcast, and replays of content from his podcasts. No reason to listen to the show live when podcasts make the highlights from other day parts readily available without his editorial spin.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Mac officially re-ups until Super Bowl 2022

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nice. We got it here first.

Granted, it was because I misread what Mac was saying. So he had to clear it up here.

But I was the reason we got it here first. So everybody should thank me for my "Fuck up".

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
badrogue17 wrote:
Mac officially re-ups until Super Bowl 2022

That would be exciting news if he had a semi decent co-host.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:48 pm 

Beardown wrote:

Granted, it was because I misread what Mac was saying. So he had to clear it up here.

But I was the reason we got it here first. So everybody should thank me for my "Fuck up".

No actually he mentioned it on air before that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Congratulations, Mac.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Not the 1.5 years part. I dragged that out first. I beat Feder cuz of my screw up. But you hate me so you won't credit me. That's cool.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:01 pm 

Beardown wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Not the 1.5 years part. I dragged that out first. I beat Feder cuz of my screw up. But you hate me so you won't credit me. That's cool.

Nope actually he mentioned he was looking at a deal to get him a couple more superbowls

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ok. I guess I missed that.

I still think somebody should thank me for something. For all the years I've been here.

I want all of you to come up with something.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Beardown wrote:
Ok. I guess I missed that.

I still think somebody should thank me for something. For all the years I've been here.

I want all of you to come up with something.

Thank you for making whistler seem normal.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Hussra wrote:

I don't know why, but this really made me laugh. :lol: