It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nardi wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:
A soccer player lost his job because the thought police arrested his wife.

Twitter has no power. Just a bunch of nobodies.

According to resident soccer expert KD he was a bum. Gotta keep your house in order if you’re on the bubble. Ask Kap.

Ask Drew Brees.

He’s a great counter example. He was never in jeopardy of losing his job.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:

According to resident soccer expert KD he was a bum. Gotta keep your house in order if you’re on the bubble. Ask Kap.

Ask Drew Brees.

He was in jeopardy of losing much more than a job.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:28 pm 

Nardi wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Ask Drew Brees.

The respect of people close to him? I can buy that. It’s nice to see that that didn’t happen. Listening does a lot.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: The Hut
Crick Ramp wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
I wish these people who had shows would use their creativity more and focus on entertaining the listeners instead of trying to be right all of the time or hit the right corporate/SJW buttons.

I am so sick of the fucking buttons.

I am also sick of preaching entertainers. Seriously, just shut the fuck up and dribble, or get someone else up there who can give us our fucking escape. I don't need you to be my Dad. I'd much rather have you be Bill Murray or Paul Newman - or at least try to bring some positive, humorous feelings into the equation. Ugh, imagine if we were lucky enough to have 80's Dahl ripping and roaring at a time like this? You thing Steve & Garry would have been shouting callers down? Nope, but they might make a few parody songs mocking them or pull some sweet prank stunts on them. Exactly what we need right now, but are not getting.

My kid had an out-of-state baseball practice today, and as I sat with a bunch of the parents on the sideline, one of the dads brought up the fact that they almost don't make any comedies anymore. Imagine if they released 'The Burbs' or 'Three Amigos' these days - where? Nowhere to be seen. The only comedies these days are rom-coms starring fat fucking Melissa McCarthy and fat fucking Amy Schumer. (you trying to get me to like fat chicks? Sorry, ain't gonna work, Sam!) Beyond that and CGIfest superhero flicks, its all horror shit, apocalyptic shit, and downer shit. That's it. I was looking for a movie a few weeks ago and it stunned me how many of the new releases and shows were freakout or horror types. Walking Dead, Fear The Walking Dead, Get Out, The Hunt, and on and on. (Jason Blum basically admits those are the only types of movies he puts up because of how cheap they are to make compared to how much he gets in return). But is there another, more sinister manipulation going on? If you think about it, have we been conditioned to just be expecting downer shit by the bullshit we have been fed through our entertainment? You bet your ass we have.

Ok, rant concluded, but it would be nice if someone would flip the script a bit. Until then its youtube podcasts all day - and these fuckers are long, sometimes 3 hours, so once you click, you ain't coming back to SCR, especially with no sports on to talk about.

Troll

Feel free to go and fuck yourself.

I do that fairly regularly.

Can you give examples of you expressing yourself in real life, around real people, that aren’t all of a similar mind...in a non message board setting?

I’m not saying you don’t. I’m just genuinely curious.

Um, every single day of my existence would be an example. I'm not afraid to ever talk about politics, religion, or sex - both in real life and on this magic make believe messageboard.

In real life conversation, just like here, if we get to a point where I get the inkling that we really aren't getting anywhere, I will usually just change the subject or allow the other person or persons to change the subject.

Pretty simple, really.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
You’re very impressive, Fuk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Crick Ramp wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
When the liberals say "conversations need to be taking place" that's a euphemism for shifting the Overton window and general tone of the dialogue another few degrees towards Marxist-Leninism. Just so you know. Its extremely disingenuous when they say that, because obviously even the slightest disagreement is met with unimaginable scorn.

I’m not really a liberal though.

What’s the harm in open dialogue about racial bias? Different perspectives can be exchanged. Why not have honest conversations?

Oh stop it of course you are. I'll prove it by indulging you in your thought of having an "honest conversation", how do you think such a conversation should go? Do you think we should mention that, actually, police dont really kill black people disproportionately? Or is that not honest. I already know your answer.

We already have one person who insists they're not a liberal while basically being lackstep with Marxist-Leninism. I like FF, though. At least he isn't some media whore.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:09 pm 

:lol: I’m a liberal in these conversations. I’m a conservative when I say abortion should be illegal, transgenderism is a mental disease, and assault rifles should be legal. I’m used to this story.

And cops do kill black people disproportionately. Documented fact.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
FavreFan wrote:
:lol: I’m a liberal in these conversations. I’m a conservative when I say abortion should be illegal, transgenderism is a mental disease, and assault rifles should be legal. I’m used to this story.

And cops do kill black people disproportionately. Documented fact.

See? The man knows how to play a crowd.

But dont it wrong, at the end of the day he loves his libs. Of course anybody who isn't brain damaged knows abortion is murder, people who mutilate their genitals are cooked and the 2A is literally the best amendment. You cant fool ol Antarctica, no sir.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:34 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:
You’re very impressive, Fuk

I have reached the age where I have passed the point of giving a fuck about much of anything but my family.

I don't miss being an idealist., but I also don't look at myself in an overly-egotistical manner like I have "evolved" past it or something haughty and pseudo-admirable like that, its just not what's going on anymore. That simple.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:58 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Ask Drew Brees.

The respect of people close to him? I can buy that. It’s nice to see that that didn’t happen. Listening does a lot.

#IHaven'tSeenMyAgentSoScaredEver #HeyDrewBreesKidsYourDadsRacistNazi and of course, #MyQB

You're probably right. Drew just had a spiritual awakening. Twitter is a bunch of nobodies

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:07 pm 

Who called him a Nazi? Somebody, or more nobodies like JLN posted examples of?

You don’t need to answer. We all know the answer.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:34 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Do you understand the concept of the mob? The mob is filled with nobodies. It's just my opinion, but please rethink. Really dive in to what Goebbels did before Krystallnacht, and what the little red book in China did. There's great similarities on what the blue checkmarks and MSM insinuate and instigate. All you have to with the mob is make it clear to read between the lines.

I also tried to deny Twitter was a big deal. This is now much bigger than just shitty cops. It's now a declaration that this country is founded on shit by shit people followed up by generations of shit people who have shit over everything right up to this very day. Cornel West said the American experiment is over. Is he a nobody?

Now I'll standby for the snowflake comments.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:43 pm 

I don’t know what there is to rethink. I agree there is a portion of the left that is against free speech, due process, and America in general as we know it. My point remains - until we see legitimate people putting their names to this rhetoric - specific to the example here calling people who say they disagree with kneeling Nazis - I’m not going to entertain the idea that a large portion of “liberals” are that far gone.

I’m not a liberal despite some jokes here. I don’t hold any special affection for them. If I thought the mainstream liberal movement was that far gone I would have no problems saying so. I don’t think it is and I don’t think it’s going there. If an athlete in equal standing like LeBron called Drew Brees a Nazi in response to his statement I think it would have generated far more backlash than Brees’s statement and I don’t think that’s really debatable. So no, I don’t think the mob is close to winning and I’ve thought about it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:56 pm 

And to answer your question, Cornel West is not a nobody but I also don’t think the person who calls Obama a neofascist gangster represents the mainstream left view currently.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:07 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
And to answer your question, Cornel West is not a nobody but I also don’t think the person who calls Obama a neofascist gangster represents the mainstream left view currently.

Getting closer.

You have a link for that quote? You sure it wasn't neo-liberal gangster?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
FukNuggitt wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
I wish these people who had shows would use their creativity more and focus on entertaining the listeners instead of trying to be right all of the time or hit the right corporate/SJW buttons.

I am also sick of preaching entertainers. Seriously, just shut the fuck up and dribble, or get someone else up there who can give us our fucking escape. I don't need you to be my Dad. I'd much rather have you be Bill Murray or Paul Newman - or at least try to bring some positive, humorous feelings into the equation. Ugh, imagine if we were lucky enough to have 80's Dahl ripping and roaring at a time like this? You thing Steve & Garry would have been shouting callers down? Nope, but they might make a few parody songs mocking them or pull some sweet prank stunts on them. Exactly what we need right now, but are not getting.

My kid had an out-of-state baseball practice today, and as I sat with a bunch of the parents on the sideline, one of the dads brought up the fact that they almost don't make any comedies anymore. Imagine if they released 'The Burbs' or 'Three Amigos' these days - where? Nowhere to be seen. The only comedies these days are rom-coms starring fat fucking Melissa McCarthy and fat fucking Amy Schumer. (you trying to get me to like fat chicks? Sorry, ain't gonna work, Sam!) Beyond that and CGIfest superhero flicks, its all horror shit, apocalyptic shit, and downer shit. That's it. I was looking for a movie a few weeks ago and it stunned me how many of the new releases and shows were freakout or horror types. Walking Dead, Fear The Walking Dead, Get Out, The Hunt, and on and on. (Jason Blum basically admits those are the only types of movies he puts up because of how cheap they are to make compared to how much he gets in return). But is there another, more sinister manipulation going on? If you think about it, have we been conditioned to just be expecting downer shit by the bullshit we have been fed through our entertainment? You bet your ass we have.

Ok, rant concluded, but it would be nice if someone would flip the script a bit. Until then its youtube podcasts all day - and these fuckers are long, sometimes 3 hours, so once you click, you ain't coming back to SCR, especially with no sports on to talk about.

Troll

Can you give examples of you expressing yourself in real life, around real people, that aren’t all of a similar mind...in a non message board setting?

Um, every single day of my existence would be an example. I'm not afraid to ever talk about politics, religion, or sex - both in real life and on this magic make believe messageboard.

In real life conversation, just like here, if we get to a point where I get the inkling that we really aren't getting anywhere, I will usually just change the subject or allow the other person or persons to change the subject.

Pretty simple, really.

When I was a younger man I thought people who refused to discuss religion and politics were just cowards, but the older I get, the more I see their wisdom. I don't care how smart you are, how well you've thought through your position, or your ability to articulate your position, you are just not going to convince someone else that their religious or political positions are wrong. In my experience, people change those positions only through their own life experience or through being around several people who see the world through a different lens. The only thing you're going to accomplish in one conversation, or through a small series of conversations, is to piss the other person off.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:55 am 

Warren Newson wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:

Troll

Pretty simple, really.

When I was a younger man I thought people who refused to discuss religion and politics were just cowards, but the older I get, the more I see their wisdom. I don't care how smart you are, how well you've thought through your position, or your ability to articulate your position, you are just not going to convince someone else that their religious or political positions are wrong. In my experience, people change those positions only through their own life experience or through being around several people who see the world through a different lens. The only thing you're going to accomplish in one conversation, or through a small series of conversations, is to piss the other person off.

So true.

I guess in most cases I just do it out of my own morbid curiosity, I guess, but I always both learn something new and share something new with the other party, and that is the coolest thing about chatting about controversial subjects that most people won't touch.

My favorite back and forth style is how Howard Stern used to do it - shock-confrontational with the result being totally revealing answers.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
They have a best of and Parkins was scolding the stick to sports theme in general. Immediately turned it off. ZZ and Thayer had Rudy from ND on, and it was interesting. They had Coomer on, and all three were blubbering, almost weeping and apologizing for evil white people. Turned it off. I notice now if there's a race related interview the other hosts praise the interview as a masterpiece, then praise the guest as he's the second coming of the Messiah. Either coached to do so, or out of fear. They're all becoming Les clones now.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:12 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
They have a best of and Parkins was scolding the stick to sports theme in general. Immediately turned it off. ZZ and Thayer had Rudy from ND on, and it was interesting. They had Coomer on, and all three were blubbering, almost weeping and apologizing for evil white people. Turned it off. I notice now if there's a race related interview the other hosts praise the interview as a masterpiece, then praise the guest as he's the second coming of the Messiah. Either coached to do so, or out of fear. They're all becoming Les clones now.

Pushing those SJW Buttons.

That's fine, we just push ours.

lol go ahead and shout loudly - to yourselves - bittchez!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:00 am 

vitoscotti wrote:

How many times have you watched your wife fuck another man?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:13 am 

Douchebag wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

You'd better back off. He could just be the type who calls "fair play" and sticks a finger up your butt while you are trying to do your business with Ms. Vitoscotti.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:42 am 

Douchebag wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Your mother wanted me to watch the dog fuck her but I said I'd pass. That's your job.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
vitoscotti wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Your mother wanted me to watch the dog fuck her but I said I'd pass. That's your job.

you need to stay in your lane... les show summaries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:19 am 

BP you were born a loser.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Parkins will probably never come to the board again after seeing this post. LOL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:19 am 

billypootons wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

you need to stay in your lane... les show summaries

I think MANY would settle for les breathing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Warren Newson wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:

Troll

Pretty simple, really.

Always good to read Warren Newson posts. He always brings it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Nardi wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Do you understand the concept of the mob? The mob is filled with nobodies. It's just my opinion, but please rethink. Really dive in to what Goebbels did before Krystallnacht, and what the little red book in China did. There's great similarities on what the blue checkmarks and MSM insinuate and instigate. All you have to with the mob is make it clear to read between the lines.

I also tried to deny Twitter was a big deal. This is now much bigger than just shitty cops. It's now a declaration that this country is founded on shit by shit people followed up by generations of shit people who have shit over everything right up to this very day. Cornel West said the American experiment is over. Is he a nobody?

Now I'll standby for the snowflake comments.

I pretty much agree with this.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:51 am 

FavreFan wrote:

Dude takes Cornel West on head-on:

Quote:
Cornel West to civil rights attorney Leo Terrell: "Check yourself, negro!"
by Zachary Halaschak
June 09, 2020 11:15 PM

Dr. Cornel West and civil rights attorney Leo Terrell got into a heated argument about the protests and funding for police departments during an appearance on Fox News.

The two men were on Sean Hannity’s show Tuesday evening. Prior to the back-and-forth, West pointed out that Tuesday marked George Floyd’s funeral and said that it had been a “heavy day.”

“Let’s try to be clear about this now, we must have respect, and there must be an ability to protect,” West said. “You have to have police who respect the community, there has to be some community control, accountability of both citizens and police and recognizing that the deeper issues of poverty, dilapidated schools, housing, shattered families, community, not enough jobs with a living wage — that generates a despair,” he said before Hannity interrupted.

West and Hannity talked over one another for a bit about former Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel before Hannity turned to Terrell and asked, “Why didn’t he fix the violence? Why haven’t they fixed our broken school systems? We have failed America’s children.”

Terrell immediately used the opportunity to attack West.

“He’s just giving you old talking points,” Terrell said. “I’ll speak to you, Dr. Cornel West, black man to black man. There’s looting going on,” he said before West began speaking over him.

“It’s my turn! It’s my turn!” Terrell said. “You're trying to conflate protesting and police misconduct. And shame on you!”

“Who do you think you are, my brother?” West responded, moving his head closer into the video frame as the tensions escalated.

“You’re not my brother. You’re not my brother,” Terrell shot back. “You are hurting black people by acting this position. You are taking the wrong position."

When West said, "Check yourself, negro!" to him, Terrell responded, "You have lost control. You're a dinosaur!”

“You disrespect me the day that Brother Floyd is put in his grave? Who do you think you are?” West shot back.

Hannity broke in after the fight continued. “One at a time, one at a time,” he said.

West and Terrell continued back and forth before it ended with the two men comparing their credentials and Terrell calling for Hannity to cut West off.

“We’re talking about respect,” West told Terrell, with him responding, “You get no respect from me.”

Some of the protesters calling attention to systemic racism and police brutality in the United States have vocally advocated for defunding police forces. In Minneapolis, where Floyd died, the city council has a veto-proof majority aiming to defund and disband the police department.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:01 pm 

:lol: “ Brother Floyd”

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next