It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Parkins1 wrote:
FrankyT: One of my favorite lines in that movie. Also love “how’s your portfolio? I’d say strong to quite strong. Greg’s a male nurse.”

FukNuggit: why would I want to get a real job? That’s exactly what I don’t want to do which is why I chose this line of “work”.

Juiced: I just responded to the fact errors. If you or anyone else hates the show that’s their choice. Different strokes for different folks. There are shows I hate too.

GoodDolphin: I had to LOL because you just misrepresented my point so badly. Anyone can check the podcast but I said the Ricketts family for the most part with Laura excluded and Tom has mostly remained silent on these issues they defend some things and people that a lot of Cubs fans including myself abhor. I mentioned dads emails, Petes politics, and Todd funding Trump. I said for some that’s a deal breaker. For me it’s not. I love the cubs. I also think they handle their baseball franchise in a respectable way on social issues and I respect the hell out of how Theo does it. We all can’t be responsible for how our boss or CEO votes on moral reasons or else none of us would have jobs. Cubs fans can make a choice, I choose to acknowledge it and publicly disagree with their stances when appropriate (Pete’s reporter comments most recently) and move on with my fandom. That’s hardly kissing up to a corporate partner - that would be ignoring the story altogether.

Thanks to all for listening.

Parkinson's, when you come on here, it's all self-defense. Try to engage with ideas. Your posts can be summarized thus: "No I'm not!"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
tommy wrote:
Parkins1 wrote:
FrankyT: One of my favorite lines in that movie. Also love “how’s your portfolio? I’d say strong to quite strong. Greg’s a male nurse.”

FukNuggit: why would I want to get a real job? That’s exactly what I don’t want to do which is why I chose this line of “work”.

Juiced: I just responded to the fact errors. If you or anyone else hates the show that’s their choice. Different strokes for different folks. There are shows I hate too.

GoodDolphin: I had to LOL because you just misrepresented my point so badly. Anyone can check the podcast but I said the Ricketts family for the most part with Laura excluded and Tom has mostly remained silent on these issues they defend some things and people that a lot of Cubs fans including myself abhor. I mentioned dads emails, Petes politics, and Todd funding Trump. I said for some that’s a deal breaker. For me it’s not. I love the cubs. I also think they handle their baseball franchise in a respectable way on social issues and I respect the hell out of how Theo does it. We all can’t be responsible for how our boss or CEO votes on moral reasons or else none of us would have jobs. Cubs fans can make a choice, I choose to acknowledge it and publicly disagree with their stances when appropriate (Pete’s reporter comments most recently) and move on with my fandom. That’s hardly kissing up to a corporate partner - that would be ignoring the story altogether.

Parkinson's, when you come on here, it's all self-defense. Try to engage with ideas. Your posts can be summarized thus: "No I'm not!"

?

He's trying to answer the criticisms. And what would be the response if he didn't do that? It's a lose/lose situation when any host posts here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:57 pm 

Parkins1 wrote:

Jason Goff used to have this same attitude. Didn't work out to well for him. I don't hate the show. If you would be a little more humble and less preachy and had a different partner then the show would be better.

Not a knock on Mac. You two just don't have good chemistry. I wish only the best to you and your family.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Peoria Matt wrote:
tommy wrote:
Parkins1 wrote:

?

He's trying to answer the criticisms.

This guy has no depth. If Theo is his moral touchstone, I don't know what to say.

This is all "setting the record straight" bullshit, not engaging with the listeners. He's the same person before and after he posts here; there's no attempt to re-think things.

I can't think of any other Peoria Matt post I've disagreed with. Now I'm starting to feel like that one time I flipped someone off in traffic and it turned out to be a van of Buddhists, all of whom smiled at me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
badrogue17 wrote:
Parko you think Brees needed / should’ve apologized ? What’s your take on all of the riote...errr I mean protestors not wearing masks and not social distancing since you were clutching your pearls about people maybe attending a half full baseball game?

I listened to the podcast hour 3. Badrogue17 he is obviously not goint to answer the hypocrisy that he and many in the media will not.

I think so many people would have a great deal of respect if a person just said, "Yep, I was a hypocrite." Same things when "not about the money." Most would love to hear an athlete, etc just be honest and say, "Of course its about the money, a lot of money."

I am a big Parkins fan, have said from the beginning I think he goes national. He has a great voice(not saying radio voice, ugly face schtick), he does have a really good radio voice and great inflection in speaking and knows a lot about sports and is very good.

He kinda lost me today(not as a listener, just in argument) as saying cancel culture is not real and then said Shannon sharpe wants Drew Brees to retire?

Thats cancel culture.

It was weird, reminded me of Pippen saying in last dance he was wrong and if he could do it over again HE WOULD?

Also I thought Parkins was wrong to call Brees ignorant. Difference between saying being ignorant about a subject and being an ignorant person.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:50 am 

pizza_Place: The Hut
I wish these people who had shows would use their creativity more and focus on entertaining the listeners instead of trying to be right all of the time or hit the right corporate/SJW buttons.

I am so sick of the fucking buttons.

I am also sick of preaching entertainers. Seriously, just shut the fuck up and dribble, or get someone else up there who can give us our fucking escape. I don't need you to be my Dad. I'd much rather have you be Bill Murray or Paul Newman - or at least try to bring some positive, humorous feelings into the equation. Ugh, imagine if we were lucky enough to have 80's Dahl ripping and roaring at a time like this? You thing Steve & Garry would have been shouting callers down? Nope, but they might make a few parody songs mocking them or pull some sweet prank stunts on them. Exactly what we need right now, but are not getting.

My kid had an out-of-state baseball practice today, and as I sat with a bunch of the parents on the sideline, one of the dads brought up the fact that they almost don't make any comedies anymore. Imagine if they released 'The Burbs' or 'Three Amigos' these days - where? Nowhere to be seen. The only comedies these days are rom-coms starring fat fucking Melissa McCarthy and fat fucking Amy Schumer. (you trying to get me to like fat chicks? Sorry, ain't gonna work, Sam!) Beyond that and CGIfest superhero flicks, its all horror shit, apocalyptic shit, and downer shit. That's it. I was looking for a movie a few weeks ago and it stunned me how many of the new releases and shows were freakout or horror types. Walking Dead, Fear The Walking Dead, Get Out, The Hunt, and on and on. (Jason Blum basically admits those are the only types of movies he puts up because of how cheap they are to make compared to how much he gets in return). But is there another, more sinister manipulation going on? If you think about it, have we been conditioned to just be expecting downer shit by the bullshit we have been fed through our entertainment? You bet your ass we have.

Ok, rant concluded, but it would be nice if someone would flip the script a bit. Until then its youtube podcasts all day - and these fuckers are long, sometimes 3 hours, so once you click, you ain't coming back to SCR, especially with no sports on to talk about.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

Last edited by Pres-Elect FukNuggitt on Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:12 am 

tommy wrote:
I can't think of any other Peoria Matt post I've disagreed with. Now I'm starting to feel like that one time I flipped someone off in traffic and it turned out to be a van of Buddhists, all of whom smiled at me.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:00 am 

Parkins1 wrote:

A company like the Cubs is so intertwined with its ownership that the identity of the two become indistinguishable. The Cubs are Joe Ricketts so much more than they are Laura or Tom that it is apologetic to use a few instances of good by the lesser as the accurate description of the organization.

The Koch brothers foundation has given lots of money to hospitals and schools and its still the Koch brothers.

Don't think this is a cry that you are a hypocrite. We like what we like. I still go to Oberweiss and Chick fil A. I don't fault you as a fan. I do fault you and your on air brothers as broadcasters.

The station, as a whole, bends over backwards to praise Cubs Corporate and that shift only occurred once they became a partner. It is far more egregious than it ever was when the Sox were a partner (where the relationship was near antagonistic at the end). So when I hear sunny thoughts about an organization that has had a checkered history with the city's african american community in regards to the climate of the last week, I think I have a legitimate gripe.

Also, LOL is for teenagers LOLOL is redundant

Thank you for reading and yes, I will continue to listen as I like your stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:03 am 

and yes, Cubs suck.

GO, Go, White Sox!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
I’ve disagreed with a lot of what Parkins has said this week.

But where has Mac been? He’s a real fucking push over now. And you Knooooooww..he doesn’t agree with the spirit of what Parkins is saying.

With all that being said, I do think there is value—currently—amidst everything that’s going on(cities burning, zero sports, election year) about these conversations taking place. Certain things do need to change and evolve and it’s perfectly justified for these conversations to take place on sports radio right now.

A lot of the board still wants to bury head in sand. It’s not about agreeing or disagreeing. Conversations need to be happening

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Crick Ramp wrote:
A lot of the board still wants to bury head in sand. It’s not about agreeing or disagreeing. Conversations need to be happening
Your head appears to be buried up an ass.

Do you have 95% of the board on ignore? MANY conversations are being had here every day on these matters.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:13 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Your head appears to be buried up an ass.

Do you have 95% of the board on ignore? MANY conversations are being had here every day on these matters.

Just reading this thread.

If I’m wrong, so be it

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
When the liberals say "conversations need to be taking place" that's a euphemism for shifting the Overton window and general tone of the dialogue another few degrees towards Marxist-Leninism. Just so you know. Its extremely disingenuous when they say that, because obviously even the slightest disagreement is met with unimaginable scorn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:18 pm 

Antarctica wrote:
When the liberals say "conversations need to be taking place" that's a euphemism for shifting the Overton window and general tone of the dialogue another few degrees towards Marxist-Leninism. Just so you know. Its extremely disingenuous when they say that, because obviously even the slightest disagreement is met with unimaginable scorn.

I’m not really a liberal though.

What’s the harm in open dialogue about racial bias? Different perspectives can be exchanged. Why not have honest conversations?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Crick Ramp wrote:

If I’m wrong, so be it
And you have the audacity to say we have our head in the sand?

"Wrong" doesn't even begin to describe you, but "fucking moron" gets us off to a good start.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:21 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Antarctica wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:24 pm 

Not a flat screen or ipad in sight.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:24 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

If I’m wrong, so be it

"Wrong" doesn't even begin to describe you, but "fucking moron" gets us off to a good start.

Ok...

Feel better ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:39 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
badrogue17 wrote:
Not a flat screen or ipad in sight.

It's a still from the Kendall Jenner Pepsi commercial, which may very well be the worst commercial ever made.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:42 pm 

Antarctica wrote:

How many headlines have been written- Fill in the blank says "We need to have a serious conversation about race" ? Thousands upon thousands of stories. Like it is a profound declaration.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:15 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

If I’m wrong, so be it

Take a peek at the responses since my initial post, excluding yours...

See what I mean

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:23 pm 

Antarctica wrote:

Exactly.

If my bedroom is messy, why is that the problem of the snobby rich kid the next neighborhood over?

What difference does his having nicer toys or even a cool Ricky Schroeder train rolling through his house have to do with me just refusing to clean my damn little room?

Guess what? Start there.

Start with your room, and I will bet a dollar against a dime that those rooms keep getting bigger and bigger, until YOUR KID is "The Ricker" - either that or the fucking snobby-but-cool Alfonso character (who I always thought was cooler anyhow due to his breakdancing ability)!

Last edited by Pres-Elect FukNuggitt on Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:28 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

What’s the harm in open dialogue about racial bias? Different perspectives can be exchanged. Why not have honest conversations?

While small-minded people are talking, big-minded people are busy doing stuff. Actual stuff that makes the world turn. Get busy digging a ditch and you will find life's natural meditative state that is only induced by hard work. Laziness is the biggest crime, and it is extremely contagious. If you spend too much time thinking instead of doing, you only lock yourself inside a Hellish inner-prison. Do-ers just cannot relate to people who don't wish to participate in The Grind.

And Nobody is better than The Grind. Nobody.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Crick Ramp wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

Because that "dialogue" is actually dogmatic lecturing. There are no "different perspectives" being given; There is One Perspective, and you either abide by it or you're literally a nazi. And those conversations aren't honest, as they're being had, or dictated, by people who cannot wait to beat contrary opinions and belief systems into submission, or shame them into silence.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:02 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

Because that "dialogue" is actually dogmatic lecturing. There are no "different perspectives" being given; There is One Perspective, and you either abide by it or you're literally a nazi. And those conversations aren't honest, as they're being had, or dictated, by people who cannot wait to beat contrary opinions and belief systems into submission, or shame them into silence.

Reminds me of the "If you snowflakes don't like it here, move to another country." talk that was all the rage.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Listening to Parkins liberal sjw sports radio during rioting, and looting? W & S stuck to sports a lot. And soon as they got preachy, obligated apologetic, or Wilbon as a guest I just turned it off. A great time to avoid sports radio overall now like the plague.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:27 pm 

There is One Perspective, and you either abide by it or you're literally a nazi. And those conversations aren't honest

Neither is your first sentence in this quote. If you have a point to make, don’t undermine it with the same bullshit you’re complaining about. Parkins thought Brees was Wrong and Ignorant. Disagree with that and state why. He never came close to calling him a Nazi and even called him a good guy several times while criticizing him.

If you’re looking for more honest conversation look in the mirror first.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
FavreFan wrote:
There is One Perspective, and you either abide by it or you're literally a nazi. And those conversations aren't honest

Neither is your first sentence in this quote. If you have a point to make, don’t undermine it with the same bullshit you’re complaining about. Parkins thought Brees was Wrong and Ignorant. Disagree with that and state why. He never came close to calling him a Nazi and even called him a good guy several times while criticizing him.

"He didn't say 'nazi' when shaming someone for having a differing opinion, you're being just as dishonest!" is quite the take.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:11 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

"He didn't say 'nazi' when shaming someone for having a differing opinion, you're being just as dishonest!" is quite the take.

It’s not even a take. You literally lied about his opinion while calling the conversation dishonest. I couldn’t think of a more juvenile and hypocritical response if I tried.

Like I said, Parkins declared Brees was Wrong, and ignorant, in matter of fact tones. There was plenty of red meat for you to go after. But instead you lied about his position and then got bitchy when called on it. Come on.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:07 pm 

FukNuggitt wrote:
I wish these people who had shows would use their creativity more and focus on entertaining the listeners instead of trying to be right all of the time or hit the right corporate/SJW buttons.

I am so sick of the fucking buttons.

I am also sick of preaching entertainers. Seriously, just shut the fuck up and dribble, or get someone else up there who can give us our fucking escape. I don't need you to be my Dad. I'd much rather have you be Bill Murray or Paul Newman - or at least try to bring some positive, humorous feelings into the equation. Ugh, imagine if we were lucky enough to have 80's Dahl ripping and roaring at a time like this? You thing Steve & Garry would have been shouting callers down? Nope, but they might make a few parody songs mocking them or pull some sweet prank stunts on them. Exactly what we need right now, but are not getting.

My kid had an out-of-state baseball practice today, and as I sat with a bunch of the parents on the sideline, one of the dads brought up the fact that they almost don't make any comedies anymore. Imagine if they released 'The Burbs' or 'Three Amigos' these days - where? Nowhere to be seen. The only comedies these days are rom-coms starring fat fucking Melissa McCarthy and fat fucking Amy Schumer. (you trying to get me to like fat chicks? Sorry, ain't gonna work, Sam!) Beyond that and CGIfest superhero flicks, its all horror shit, apocalyptic shit, and downer shit. That's it. I was looking for a movie a few weeks ago and it stunned me how many of the new releases and shows were freakout or horror types. Walking Dead, Fear The Walking Dead, Get Out, The Hunt, and on and on. (Jason Blum basically admits those are the only types of movies he puts up because of how cheap they are to make compared to how much he gets in return). But is there another, more sinister manipulation going on? If you think about it, have we been conditioned to just be expecting downer shit by the bullshit we have been fed through our entertainment? You bet your ass we have.

Ok, rant concluded, but it would be nice if someone would flip the script a bit. Until then its youtube podcasts all day - and these fuckers are long, sometimes 3 hours, so once you click, you ain't coming back to SCR, especially with no sports on to talk about.

Troll

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next