It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:58 pm 

pizza_Place: The Hut
Crick Ramp wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
I wish these people who had shows would use their creativity more and focus on entertaining the listeners instead of trying to be right all of the time or hit the right corporate/SJW buttons.

I am so sick of the fucking buttons.

I am also sick of preaching entertainers. Seriously, just shut the fuck up and dribble, or get someone else up there who can give us our fucking escape. I don't need you to be my Dad. I'd much rather have you be Bill Murray or Paul Newman - or at least try to bring some positive, humorous feelings into the equation. Ugh, imagine if we were lucky enough to have 80's Dahl ripping and roaring at a time like this? You thing Steve & Garry would have been shouting callers down? Nope, but they might make a few parody songs mocking them or pull some sweet prank stunts on them. Exactly what we need right now, but are not getting.

My kid had an out-of-state baseball practice today, and as I sat with a bunch of the parents on the sideline, one of the dads brought up the fact that they almost don't make any comedies anymore. Imagine if they released 'The Burbs' or 'Three Amigos' these days - where? Nowhere to be seen. The only comedies these days are rom-coms starring fat fucking Melissa McCarthy and fat fucking Amy Schumer. (you trying to get me to like fat chicks? Sorry, ain't gonna work, Sam!) Beyond that and CGIfest superhero flicks, its all horror shit, apocalyptic shit, and downer shit. That's it. I was looking for a movie a few weeks ago and it stunned me how many of the new releases and shows were freakout or horror types. Walking Dead, Fear The Walking Dead, Get Out, The Hunt, and on and on. (Jason Blum basically admits those are the only types of movies he puts up because of how cheap they are to make compared to how much he gets in return). But is there another, more sinister manipulation going on? If you think about it, have we been conditioned to just be expecting downer shit by the bullshit we have been fed through our entertainment? You bet your ass we have.

Ok, rant concluded, but it would be nice if someone would flip the script a bit. Until then its youtube podcasts all day - and these fuckers are long, sometimes 3 hours, so once you click, you ain't coming back to SCR, especially with no sports on to talk about.

Troll

Feel free to go and fuck yourself.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
FavreFan wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
There is One Perspective, and you either abide by it or you're literally a nazi. And those conversations aren't honest

Neither is your first sentence in this quote. If you have a point to make, don’t undermine it with the same bullshit you’re complaining about. Parkins thought Brees was Wrong and Ignorant. Disagree with that and state why. He never came close to calling him a Nazi and even called him a good guy several times while criticizing him.

If you’re looking for more honest conversation look in the mirror first.

"He didn't say 'nazi' when shaming someone for having a differing opinion, you're being just as dishonest!" is quite the take.

It’s not even a take. You literally lied about his opinion while calling the conversation dishonest. I couldn’t think of a more juvenile and hypocritical response if I tried.

Like I said, Parkins declared Brees was Wrong, and ignorant, in matter of fact tones. There was plenty of red meat for you to go after. But instead you lied about his position and then got bitchy when called on it. Come on.
Oh you think I was speaking only about what Parkins said? No, I was speaking generally about these "honest conversations" that it is all the rage to call for right now. And look at the two posts I quoted in my original response: They are speaking generally about the "conversations need to take place" trope, and not about whatever it is Parkins said about Brees. Did you purposefully ignore the context in which my statement was given, or was it just a goof on your part?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
There’s no context in which your post is true. It’s as dumb as saying all Republicans are Nazis. It’s impossible to reconcile your post with an alleged desire to have an honest conversation.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:13 am 

So purposefully, got it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
FukNuggitt wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
I wish these people who had shows would use their creativity more and focus on entertaining the listeners instead of trying to be right all of the time or hit the right corporate/SJW buttons.

I am so sick of the fucking buttons.

I am also sick of preaching entertainers. Seriously, just shut the fuck up and dribble, or get someone else up there who can give us our fucking escape. I don't need you to be my Dad. I'd much rather have you be Bill Murray or Paul Newman - or at least try to bring some positive, humorous feelings into the equation. Ugh, imagine if we were lucky enough to have 80's Dahl ripping and roaring at a time like this? You thing Steve & Garry would have been shouting callers down? Nope, but they might make a few parody songs mocking them or pull some sweet prank stunts on them. Exactly what we need right now, but are not getting.

My kid had an out-of-state baseball practice today, and as I sat with a bunch of the parents on the sideline, one of the dads brought up the fact that they almost don't make any comedies anymore. Imagine if they released 'The Burbs' or 'Three Amigos' these days - where? Nowhere to be seen. The only comedies these days are rom-coms starring fat fucking Melissa McCarthy and fat fucking Amy Schumer. (you trying to get me to like fat chicks? Sorry, ain't gonna work, Sam!) Beyond that and CGIfest superhero flicks, its all horror shit, apocalyptic shit, and downer shit. That's it. I was looking for a movie a few weeks ago and it stunned me how many of the new releases and shows were freakout or horror types. Walking Dead, Fear The Walking Dead, Get Out, The Hunt, and on and on. (Jason Blum basically admits those are the only types of movies he puts up because of how cheap they are to make compared to how much he gets in return). But is there another, more sinister manipulation going on? If you think about it, have we been conditioned to just be expecting downer shit by the bullshit we have been fed through our entertainment? You bet your ass we have.

Ok, rant concluded, but it would be nice if someone would flip the script a bit. Until then its youtube podcasts all day - and these fuckers are long, sometimes 3 hours, so once you click, you ain't coming back to SCR, especially with no sports on to talk about.

Troll

Feel free to go and fuck yourself.

I do that fairly regularly.

Can you give examples of you expressing yourself in real life, around real people, that aren’t all of a similar mind...in a non message board setting?

I’m not saying you don’t. I’m just genuinely curious.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:24 am 

So purposefully, got it.

:lol:

You really have no rebuttal because you know, if you’re being honest, that it’s incredibly disingenuous to post what you posted.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:39 am 

FavreFan wrote:
So purposefully, got it.

You really have no rebuttal because you know, if you’re being honest, that it’s incredibly disingenuous to post what you posted.
It's incredibly disingenuous to post that deviation from the Accepted Truth gets you labeled a nazi? Have you been on social media in the last 5 years or so?

It's incredibly disingenuous to pretend that isn't the case.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:58 am 

FavreFan wrote:
So purposefully, got it.

It's incredibly disingenuous to post that deviation from the Accepted Truth gets you labeled a nazi? Have you been on social media in the last 5 years or so?

No it isn't. Either he said it or he didn't Litigation Notes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:58 am 

FavreFan wrote:
So purposefully, got it.

It's incredibly disingenuous to post that deviation from the Accepted Truth gets you labeled a nazi?

Yes. I’d suggest reframing your argument to say what you’re actually trying to say if you want to be taken seriously.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:11 am 

Jesus Christ. JLN is really a nazi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:44 am 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
So purposefully, got it.

It's already been established that my comment wasn't speaking to Parkins, try to keep up.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:45 am 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
So purposefully, got it.

It's incredibly disingenuous to post that deviation from the Accepted Truth gets you labeled a nazi?

Yes. I’d suggest reframing your argument to say what you’re actually trying to say if you want to be taken seriously.
No, it isn't.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:51 am 

Of course it is and you know it.

Brees said something against the Accepted Truth. Who called him a Nazi? Surely there should be millions of examples based on what you’re saying. Unless of course you’re full of shit :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:30 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Of course it is and you know it.

Brees said something against the Accepted Truth. Who called him a Nazi? Surely there should be millions of examples based on what you’re saying. Unless of course you’re full of shit :lol:

Here's a handful for you, you can search for the rest of the "millions of examples" you suddenly you decided you needed to see. It's out there, you now know it, to continue to deny it is embarrassingly stupid.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:32 pm 

So a handful of people literally nobody knows and carry no voice constitute an entire movement?

I knew that was going to be your response and it was as embarrassing as I anticipated.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:39 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

So a handful of people literally nobody knows and carry no voice constitute an entire movement?

I knew that was going to be your response and it was as embarrassing as I anticipated.

"Post examples or you're full of shit!"

Examples are posted.

"Those people don't have a voice, they don't count!"

But thanks for letting me know that you knew you'd have to move the goalposts eventually. However you rationalize your shitty arguing to yourself is on you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:43 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
So purposefully, got it.

It's already been established that my comment wasn't speaking to Parkins, try to keep up.

You might want to stop lying all of the time. Here a strawman, there a strawman, everywhere a strawman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:44 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
So purposefully, got it.

You might want to stop lying all of the time. Here a strawman, there a strawman, everywhere a strawman
Prove I'm lying

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:46 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Examples are posted.

But thanks for letting me know that you knew you'd have to move the goalposts eventually. However you rationalize your shitty arguing to yourself is on you.

There you go being dishonest again. Since you're struggling to comprehend the thread, I'll try to break this down as simply as possible so maybe you can even understand.

There is One Perspective, and you either abide by it or you're literally a nazi. And those conversations aren't honest

You said this whiny bullshit in response to a post saying Parkins is right that there should be more conversation about this. There's a direct implication that you are referring to Parkins and typical lefty blue check marks like him. I rightly called you out on this being dishonest bullshit. You then proceeded to post "examples" of random twitter people nobody knows and then laughably accused ME of moving the goalposts.

This was another textbook example of your dishonesty and frankly, stupidity for failing to even understand the conversation you were taking part in.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:52 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Examples are posted.

There you go being dishonest again. Since you're struggling to comprehend the thread, I'll try to break this down as simply as possible so maybe you can even understand.

You said this whiny bullshit in response to a post saying Parkins is right that there should be more conversation about this. There's a direct implication that you are referring to Parkins and typical lefty blue check marks like him.
So in a post in which I didn't mention Parkins nor "blue check marks like him", quoting two posts that likewise didn't mention him or "blue check marks like him", you think there is a direct implication of Parkins and the like?

There is, however, one actual direct implication of a group of people in the entire chain (before you just started making stuff up): liberals. No reference to their twitter verified status, though. You don't get to call people stupid anymore. Go away.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:03 pm 

:lol: “You proved I was full of shit, go away”

It is kinda funny tho that you’re now claiming your only point was that random assholes on the internet call people Nazis. Sure. Great point :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:25 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

It is kinda funny tho that you’re now claiming your only point was that random assholes on the internet call people Nazis. Sure. Great point :lol:
If your point this whole time was that the non-specific use of the word "liberals" specifically implicated Danny Parkins and "blue check marks", I don't know what else to say. You are clearly an insane person.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:51 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

If your point this whole time was that the non-specific use of the word "liberals" specifically implicated Danny Parkins and "blue check marks", I don't know what else to say. You are clearly an insane person.

Your original point pertained to Parkins and his show. Why anyone would ever mistakenly think this seeing that it is the guy's thread is beyond me

He asked you to support it and you proceeded to find random people on Twitter like you and a few others always do.

Its obvious that your point was in reference to Parkins. You didn't expect to get called on it and now you're looking rather stupid because you can't support it.

Last edited by long time guy on Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:52 pm 

I’m an insane person for inferring that you were attempting to make an actual point instead of just bitching about a couple nuts on Twitter who have no relevance. Got it. You should give yourself more credit.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:29 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Your original point pertained to Parkins and his show. Why anyone would ever mistakenly think this seeing that it is the guy's thread is beyond me

He asked you to support it and you proceeded to find random people on Twitter like you and a few others always do.

Its obvious that your point was in reference to Parkins. You didn't expect to get called on it and now you're looking rather stupid because you can't support it.

Pretty much sums it up.

There’s still hope for JLN. Can’t win a game 7 without taking a few L’s first

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:44 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Your original point pertained to Parkins and his show.
No it didn't. If it did, I would have mentioned or referenced him in literally any way. But I didn't. Do you know why I didn't reference him? Because I didn't hear what he had to say on the subject. I responded to two posts that were speaking more generally about the topic of "conversations that need to be had". You can tell that is what I was talking about because of the lack of specific reference to any one person.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
A soccer player lost his job because the thought police arrested his wife.

Twitter has no power. Just a bunch of nobodies.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:02 pm 

Nardi wrote:

According to resident soccer expert KD he was a bum. Gotta keep your house in order if you’re on the bubble. Ask Kap.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:

According to resident soccer expert KD he was a bum. Gotta keep your house in order if you’re on the bubble. Ask Kap.

Ask Drew Brees.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:08 pm 

Nardi wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Ask Drew Brees.

He’s a great counter example. He was never in jeopardy of losing his job.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next