It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
vitoscotti wrote:
BP you were born a loser.

spend less time with les and more time updating your 1960's era insults

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
billypootons wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
BP you were born a loser.

spend less time with les and more time updating your 1960's era insults

Showing your limited education, and low IQ, passed on to you by your parents. There's is no apostrophe in 1960s.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
FukNuggitt wrote:
I'm done with Parkins as of about 6 months ago. Dude just grates on you to the point where you are done.

Mac has totally bent over, a la Terry with Dan B.

Pretty spot on. I don't have the ability to stay tuned to Parkins when Mac is gone and the station made a huge mistake when it decided to stop taking calls regularly. Instead we get the same things repeated several times in each show and more of Parkins blathering on and on, when less would be far better.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
I'm done with Parkins as of about 6 months ago. Dude just grates on you to the point where you are done.

Pretty spot on. I don't have the ability to stay tuned to Parkins when Mac is gone and the station made a huge mistake when it decided to stop taking calls regularly. Instead we get the same things repeated several times in each show and more of Parkins blathering on and on, when less would be far better.

While I don't like repeated interviews, I disagree with everything else you wrote. Callers, for the most part, suck. Very few are interesting or entertaining. Send a text and if it is interesting the hosts will mention it. I prefer Parkins with Mac or Spiegs as opposed to being solo but overall he is one of the most talented hosts on the Score.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:

Your calls would make the show so much better.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
There are very few useful callers any more. In the past, there were some recognizable callers who would make good points and sometimes keep the hosts accountable, going all the way to the days of Chet on MVP. Guys like Wild Bill on basketball or Stan from Bellwood on baseball added value and let the host catch his breath for a minute. Now caller quality is in the shitter due to every blowhard having social media accounts and thinking he could do better on the 50000 watt blowtorch. Plus, the producers today suck. One of the things that made Chet sound professional was that Mac and the boyquarium was great at screening callers. Today, a Ray the Mexicutioner can't be bothered.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5