It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Spiegs Parkins
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
GoldenJet wrote:
Maga hat or OAN shirt...either signifies dipshit.

FACT

I do not own either, nor do I know anybody personally who does.

But, I do know that you are an intolerant asshole. I have no doubt that if you ran into one of your employees on the street and they were wearing either, you would fire them on the next business day for no other reason than you disagree with their politics.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:06 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

FACT

But, I do know that you are an intolerant asshole. I have no doubt that if you ran into one of your employees on the street and they were wearing either, you would fire them on the next business day for no other reason than you disagree with their politics.

The irony of calling them intolerant. :lol: Let me go find my violin to play for you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
GoldenJet wrote:

FACT

The issue is that you are intentionally making a political statement with a desire to incite a reaction. Don’t complain if you don’t like the reaction.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
GoldenJet wrote:

FACT

YOU'RE FIRED!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Spiegel posted a picture of himself on Twitter today riding his bike while wearing a mask. He's upset because some people criticized him and made fun of him for wearing a mask while riding his bike. Apparently, they are morons who don't believe in science. If I heard correctly he also said the upcoming election will not only decide who is President, but who lives and dies.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Tad Queasy wrote:
Spiegel posted a picture of himself on Twitter today riding his bike while wearing a mask. He's upset because some people criticized him and made fun of him for wearing a mask while riding his bike. Apparently, they are morons who don't believe in science. If I heard correctly he also said the upcoming election will not only decide who is President, but who lives and dies.

Sarah Spiegs Palin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:21 pm 

I would have thought they would have made fun of him for riding a bike

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:26 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Deacon Blues wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

FACT

From NY Times

"The conservative cable network One America News has a minuscule audience, attracts few readers on the web and has struggled to break into the television mainstream.

But thanks to one powerful viewer in the White House, the network’s influence — and its conspiracy theories — are echoing in the highest reaches of American politics.

President Trump, responding to a One America News segment, floated a baseless theory on Tuesday that a 75-year-old man in Buffalo who was knocked to the ground by the police — and hospitalized after bleeding from his head — was “an ANTIFA provocateur” who had tried to interfere with law enforcement
."
Hey, a fellow 2006er. Welcome back.
Shit like this that is passed off as real is what is destroying this country. Vote Orange face out in November along with McConnell and any other Republican senator up for reelection.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
good dolphin wrote:
I would have thought they would have made fun of him for riding a bike

I just kind of assumed it was one of these:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tad Queasy wrote:

Forget all the political shit, I'm shocked Spielgel was able to ride a bike. That's the story. I actually don't believe it's true.

I think he took the picture of him on the bike and then went back inside. Claiming he rode a bike. Spiegel can't don physical activities.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Beardown wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Forget all the political shit, I'm shocked Spielgel was able to ride a bike. That's the story. I actually don't believe it's true.

I think he took the picture of him on the bike and then went back inside. Claiming he rode a bike. Spiegel can't don physical activities.

He's gotten into much better shape over the years. But go ahead and make fat jokes. Really hilarious.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Based on listening to Jason Goff as a producer/3rd co-host on Boers and Bernstein, I thought Bernstein and Goff was going to be a lot of fun and last a long time. I was very wrong.

I really enjoyed Spiegs and Parkins together. Their chemistry took time, but that show got to be very very good. Two relatively young guys talking about sports and other shit. Reminded me of the short-lived Silvy and Carmen.

Mac should be solo or with Bernstein. McNeil and Bernstein would be so damn interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Tad Queasy wrote:

Who cares.

Give it up

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Crick Ramp wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Who cares.

Give it up

No let's examine this for a brief second. You have a group of follow the science people. JDC and Spiegs are fat slobs, ie type two diabetes candidates, which by the way is the most costly disease drain on the health care system. Then you have Danny and Dan, both admitted drug abusers with Mac having serious addiction issues. So we're going to take health advice from this collection of sports talk hosts?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
denisdman wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Who cares.

Give it up

No let's examine this for a brief second. You have a group of follow the science people. JDC and Spiegs are fat slobs, ie type two diabetes candidates, which by the way is the most costly disease drain on the health care system. Then you have Danny and Dan, both admitted drug abusers with Mac having serious addiction issues. So we're going to take health advice from this collection of sports talk hosts?
To his credit Spiegel has lost a LOT of weight.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:37 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Spiegs has lost quite a bit of weight, so I'll give him credit for that. But, Mac, yeah stop sucking down Marlboros before you preach to people about healthy lifestyles.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Crick Ramp wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Who cares.

Give it up

Yeah dont talk about what a sports radio host is doing on a message board about sports radio talk

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Good for Spiegs then. Ready for wife number four!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Based on listening to Jason Goff as a producer/3rd co-host on Boers and Bernstein, I thought Bernstein and Goff was going to be a lot of fun and last a long time. I was very wrong.

I really enjoyed Spiegs and Parkins together. Their chemistry took time, but that show got to be very very good. Two relatively young guys talking about sports and other shit. Reminded me of the short-lived Silvy and Carmen.

Mac should be solo or with Bernstein. McNeil and Bernstein would be so damn interesting.

Bernstein solo with many guests and talkative producers in the style of the Dan Patrick show would work well. I agree that Bernstein and Mac would be interesting at this stage in their careers.

But if you are keeping Bernstein solo, Parkins and Mac with Spiegel being a frequent replacement and an occasional 3-man booth is the answer. Mac only has a couple years left and wants to work less and less so give him more time off. Spiegel has great chemistry with Parkins and the show doesn't miss a beat, I would say it is better, when Spiegs fills in for Mac. Parkins could definitely run a 1-man show but he's still a little immature for me. A veteran partner evens out the show. Hopefully, Spiegs doesn't get snatched up by ESPN or Parkins goes national. I still ignore the morning show, Holmes, and anything at night. Overall, I am pleased with the Score is offering.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:22 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:

How old is Speigel? Wasn't he an original employee of the Score?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:36 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

No

Speigel came along some time after 1996 or 1997.

And he has to be late 40's by now.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

No

He talked about playing tennis against the menendez brothers back in the day. Quick google says they turn 50 and 52 so he’s probably pushing 50 if not already there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

No

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Spiegel posted a picture of himself on Twitter today riding his bike while wearing a mask. .

Did Bed Bath & Beyond have a big sale on bed sheets?