It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:49 am 
1000 CLUB

Douchebag wrote:
STICK TO SPORTS! (unless your political beliefs align with my own)

Stick to something you supposedly know something about. I'd settle for that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:51 am 

BD wrote:
Nas wrote:
BD wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
How can not one on air host have predominantly conservative views with a wide variety group of men? The Score has created a culture of fear on air. Ratings last 3 months 2.2 ,2.1, now June 1.5. Just not the lack of sports going on that's making people turn the station off.

It's group think and cancel culture. There is nobody who has a regular shift on that station who says anything other than liberal talking points, and it's shame that this is even a topic. They go out of their way to be divisive and political and don't like their views to be challenged. If you were to say something, you would be accused of being a racist, etc. Toxic culture.

You all are a bunch of snowflakes. It's really sad that you all have nothing better to do but whine because there isn’t a sports radio host in Chicago that will tell LeBron to "Shut up and dribble." I'm sure there are more options for you all around the country. I hear Stars and Bars Sports Talk have nothing but conservative people who love America.

You seem to be upset about hearing other opinions. Does hearing the same ridiculous over the top rhetoric on most shows on that station make you woke? Who's the snowflake? Please, give me a break. I don't want the same idiots one every show pretending they are social justice or COVID-19 experts. They aren't and they aren't challenged on their ignorance.

I'd prefer no political talk on a sports station, but that's not going to happen. Dan Bernstein, Danny Parkins, etc. are uninformed, liberal sports radio hosts behind a microphone pretending that makes them an authority figure on social justice issues or the pandemic. If you're going down that path, let's have a conversation vs. the expected tired accusations of being called a racist, etc.

well said. BD you should post more often!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
BD wrote:
Nas wrote:
BD wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
How can not one on air host have predominantly conservative views with a wide variety group of men? The Score has created a culture of fear on air. Ratings last 3 months 2.2 ,2.1, now June 1.5. Just not the lack of sports going on that's making people turn the station off.

It's group think and cancel culture. There is nobody who has a regular shift on that station who says anything other than liberal talking points, and it's shame that this is even a topic. They go out of their way to be divisive and political and don't like their views to be challenged. If you were to say something, you would be accused of being a racist, etc. Toxic culture.

You all are a bunch of snowflakes. It's really sad that you all have nothing better to do but whine because there isn’t a sports radio host in Chicago that will tell LeBron to "Shut up and dribble." I'm sure there are more options for you all around the country. I hear Stars and Bars Sports Talk have nothing but conservative people who love America.

You seem to be upset about hearing other opinions. Does hearing the same ridiculous over the top rhetoric on most shows on that station make you woke? Who's the snowflake? Please, give me a break. I don't want the same idiots one every show pretending they are social justice or COVID-19 experts. They aren't and they aren't challenged on their ignorance.

I'd prefer no political talk on a sports station, but that's not going to happen. Dan Bernstein, Danny Parkins, etc. are uninformed, liberal sports radio hosts behind a microphone pretending that makes them an authority figure on social justice issues or the pandemic. If you're going down that path, let's have a conversation vs. the expected tired accusations of being called a racist, etc.
What's quite interesting is that the "let's have an honest conversation" people like Bernstein and Parkins, who utter the phrase regularly, seem to really not like it when the other side starts talking, not unlike MANY on this board.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
BD wrote:
Nas wrote:
BD wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

What's quite interesting is that the "let's have an honest conversation" people like Bernstein and Parkins, who utter the phrase regularly, seem to really not like it when the other side starts talking, not unlike MANY on this board.

So...exactly like you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
BD wrote:
Nas wrote:
BD wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

I would love to find a radio show locally and nationally that didn't shit on Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. Unfortunately, that show doesn't exist.

Press the button if it annoys you that much. There are other options nationally that would satisfy your desire to have less liberal sports talk. Instead you whine because these stations don't have hosts who publicly share your political views.

My guy said the cure to stopping the voices in your head from telling you that EVERYONE who doesn't share your views is some woke person calling you a racist, is to stick your head in an oven and set the temperature to 325 degrees for 45 minutes. Problem solved!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:18 pm 

Nas wrote:
BD wrote:
Nas wrote:
BD wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

I would love to find a radio show locally and nationally that didn't shit on Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. Unfortunately, that show doesn't exist.

Press the button if it annoys you that much. There are other options nationally that would satisfy your desire to have less liberal sports talk. Instead you whine because these stations don't have hosts who publicly share your political views.

My guy said the cure to stopping the voices in your head from telling you that EVERYONE who doesn't share your views is some woke person calling you a racist, is to stick your head in an oven and set the temperature to 325 degrees for 45 minutes. Problem solved!

I don't care if they have liberal views that I don't agree with. What I don't like is their smug attitude. They act all offended and wine when someone texts them to stick to sports. Instead of being the bigger man and understanding that everyone is entitled to their opinion and might be a little tired of hearing how bad they are for not wanting to wear a mask or stay inside all summer. Parkin's and Co. feel the need to belittle these texters (no callers because he doesn't have the skills to interact with them).

You can have your opinions and cover topics outside of Sports. Mully does a good job of this at the Score. They could all learn from him, how to have an opinion and not be an asshole about it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I generally find myself initially agreeing or at least understanding why a host holds a particular view. The only problem I end up having is when they beat that point into the ground. Bernstein did it with Penn State and every show in Chicago is doing it with covid. Every show is a repeat of the show from the day before.

Hood's new baseball show was the first time I heard a show talk sports without the doom and gloom of covid. I texted him to thank him for that (I rarely do that). He thanked me for the kind words and then his baseball show ended and he started his regular show with the doom and gloom.

You just have to turn the station when it becomes a problem.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:41 pm 

Nas wrote:
I generally find myself initially agreeing or at least understanding why a host holds a particular view. The only problem I end up having is when they beat that point into the ground. Bernstein did it with Penn State and every show in Chicago is doing it with covid. Every show is a repeat of the show from the day before.

Hood's new baseball show was the first time I heard a show talk sports without the doom and gloom of covid. I texted him to thank him for that (I rarely do that). He thanked me for the kind words and then his baseball show ended and he started his regular show with the doom and gloom.

I always miss Hood's shows. Wish he could have a bigger role. Always enjoyed his style.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hood has ALWAYS been underrated and under appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
pittmike wrote:

+1.

He's a pro.

The stuff with the Telander show really hurt his career for a while but he's bounced back nicely.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

+1.

He's a pro.

The stuff with the Telander show really hurt his career for a while but he's bounced back nicely.

Also agree. I wish he was still on the Score, though, because I rarely tune in.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
pittmike wrote:

Hoods seemingly endless monologues are dry as dust.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
He's been on the late-night national show with Freddie Coleman lately. Nice pairing

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:49 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Hoods seemingly endless monologues are dry as dust.

So is your mom's vagina.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Hood would be great for Dr. Ken's podcast if he ever revs that thing up again. I know he had Hood's cousin on there once or twice. I miss those.

312player has got to be on one of those podcasts...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
They were fun but I’m sure they were a pain.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
tommy wrote:
Hood would be great for Dr. Ken's podcast if he ever revs that thing up again. I know he had Hood's cousin on there once or twice. I miss those.

312player has got to be on one of those podcasts...

Dr Ken and I spinning yarns would be greatest hits.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Nas wrote:

This.

Don't like Bernstein. 9 AM is when the button is pushed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Still silence over this from the SCORE boys. From what I gather. Somebody would have posted something I assume.

SCORE GUYS: Racists are bad. Unless it's one of our own. We'll only beat the shit out of them unless they're a paid weekly guest.

I'm not saying Hub is a racist for his comment. I'm saying everybody at the SCORE would say it if it were an ESPN guy.

You know I'm right. Bernstein and Parkins know I'm right as well. And the others at the SCORE cuz they all follow Bernstein's lead.

We all know how this game works. So do the SCORE guys. But they all want their paychecks. I get it. Just saying it's bullshit.