It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
I miss all the good stuff. All I was able to hear around 5:30 is more unbiased cub knobbing. I wonder if Danny grips the microphone with both hands while hovering just above it when he is corporate partnership mode.

"the always thoughtful and engaging kris bryant"...that guy has been an empty head for five years. He's like Sandberg where being quiet disguises him being a dullard.

Cant disagree.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Listening to these two dipshits discuss the DeSean Jackson story, Parkins (with Spiegel concurring) said that Jackson's virultently anti-Semitic comments were a "misdemeanor" because he has no power to actually harm and oppress Jewish people, and that is why Jackson's comments aren't as bad as racism from white people. The multi-millionaire with 1.4 million followers on the platform on which he spewed horrible anti-Semitism has "no power" compared to a suburban Karen, according to Parkins.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:08 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Listening to these two dipshits discuss the DeSean Jackson story, Parkins (with Spiegel concurring) said that Jackson's virultently anti-Semitic comments were a "misdemeanor" because he has no power to actually harm and oppress Jewish people, and that is why Jackson's comments aren't as bad as racism from white people. The multi-millionaire with 1.4 million followers on the platform on which he spewed horrible anti-Semitism has "no power" compared to a suburban Karen, according to Parkins.

That sounds about right from those two.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
badrogue17 wrote:

The station couldn’t be any worse on social issues. These fools tie themselves in knots trying to be on the “right” side of social issues.

In any case, I take what athletes say on social media with a grain of salt as I think we all overreact to these guys whether it is Brees or Jackson or whomever.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
denisdman wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

The station couldn’t be any worse on social issues. These fools tie themselves in knots trying to be on the “right” side of social issues.

Parkins is the same guy who said "If you subscribe to logic like I do, you'll have to agree with me."

:lol:

What a dope.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:55 am 

It’s perfectly fine to be socially liberal or progressive or whatever term you want to use. But to think you’re right and anyone that disagrees is wrong is just an arrogant approach especially for a sports talk host.

The NFL kneeling thing is a perfect example. I have outlined that before on this board where there are three ways of looking at it, and all have validity. I can appreciate the opinions and viewpoints of folks that see things differently than me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:57 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:
I miss all the good stuff. All I was able to hear around 5:30 is more unbiased cub knobbing. I wonder if Danny grips the microphone with both hands while hovering just above it when he is corporate partnership mode.

"the always thoughtful and engaging kris bryant"...that guy has been an empty head for five years. He's like Sandberg where being quiet disguises him being a dullard.

Parkins called it an act. Bernstein is the guy who believes Bryant walks on water.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Local entrepreneurs only
denisdman wrote:
It’s perfectly fine to be socially liberal or progressive or whatever term you want to use. But to think you’re right and anyone that disagrees is wrong is just an arrogant approach especially for a sports talk host.

The NFL kneeling thing is a perfect example. I have outlined that before on this board where there are three ways of looking at it, and all have validity. I can appreciate the opinions and viewpoints of folks that see things differently than me.

hey libtard radical facist Soros subjectivsim like this is destryong this country. whoever disagres with the libtarsd is caled a racist or fired and riduled for ever. either or philosophys are the definition of facism. u either love this counry or your a facist u fukin commie libtard

You said "naked" and bearing breasts (which are reproductive organs and thus technically "genitals" are they not?) is "naked" for all intents and purposes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
denisdman wrote:

What have you been missing Dennis? As soon as people start using the right side of history phrase it is all over. I have no idea when it started but somehow the masses have in fact decided what the right opinion is and marginalized all others. It is out of comprehension sometimes how there is no middle.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:

What have you been missing Dennis? As soon as people start using the right side of history phrase it is all over. I have no idea when it started but somehow the masses have in fact decided what the right opinion is and marginalized all others. It is out of comprehension sometimes how there is no middle.

Sounds like you have resigned yourself to the fact that you are on the wrong side of history on most subjects.

Sad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:18 am 

pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I wish we could history as a lesson as it shows the mistakes that were made and how far we have come. We are making progress. It’s never as fast as the left would like and usually more disruptive than the right would like. Meaning, it moves at the proper pace to balance all the competing interests.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
I enjoy spiegs and Parkins more than any combo currently in rotation on the station.

With that said, I hardly listen to them with zero actual sports going on. Initially, I was curious of their takes about various social/COVID takes but now I think it’s clear—and understandable—that all sports shows across all platforms are churning and manufacturing content more than ever.

I’ll be catching up on musical releases and exploring different podcasts and Netflix series with my time until sports are back for real

Sports radio without actual sports is not for me. Not exactly a revolutionary take I get it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Tad Queasy wrote:
denisdman wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Parkins is the same guy who said "If you subscribe to logic like I do, you'll have to agree with me."

:lol:

What a dope.

He's the same guy who called himself the show's "rational thought leader" during the Speigel and Parkins days. At first I thought he was trolling or just taking some tongue-in-cheek shot at himself, but the more he makes statements like the one I quoted and the one you quoted, the more likely it seems that he actually believes what he's saying. It's one thing to think something like that, and quite another thing to articulate it multiples times.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:54 am 

Serious question: why do some of you—seemingly—invest so much in the opinion of radio hosts?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:11 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:
Serious question: why do some of you—seemingly—invest so much in the opinion of radio hosts?

It is the one of the main points of this message board.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:44 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

Yes and no. A lot of personal feelings being spilled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

Crick Ramp wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

Yes and no. A lot of personal feelings being spilled

We're opinion writers.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:56 pm 

Why I always say I am a moderate liberal and they are the majority of liberals. The extreme leftists like Spiegs, Parkins, Bernstein, Goff etc. have zero intersest in having a conversation or listening or admitting when they are wrong.

Just like the Trump Cult. They will literally vote for him no matter what he does. Could you imagine Obama tweeting what Trump does for a week. It would not have happened.

Trump was created by the extreme elements on both sides. The media has gone so far left that the the party of Trump now supports him beause they hate the media more than him and see the hypocrisy.

Biden is going to win in November, no doubt about it.

I think Hub is a moderate liberal, I love Hub's coverage of football. He analysis is really good.

I just hope Parkins doesnt get sucked into the extreme left for he has a really bright future and in a few years these extreme views hearing now are going to be gone and people are going to look back and think how silly they were.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Local entrepreneurs only
cookie23 wrote:
Why I always say I am a moderate liberal and they are the majority of liberals. The extreme leftists like Spiegs, Parkins, Bernstein, Goff etc. have zero intersest in having a conversation or listening or admitting when they are wrong.

Just like the Trump Cult. They will literally vote for him no matter what he does. Could you imagine Obama tweeting what Trump does for a week. It would not have happened.

Trump was created by the extreme elements on both sides. The media has gone so far left that the the party of Trump now supports him beause they hate the media more than him and see the hypocrisy.

Biden is going to win in November, no doubt about it.

I think Hub is a moderate liberal, I love Hub's coverage of football. He analysis is really good.

I just hope Parkins doesnt get sucked into the extreme left for he has a really bright future and in a few years these extreme views hearing now are going to be gone and people are going to look back and think how silly they were.

There is no good libtard u libtard. U either believe the president is corect or ure a facist.

You said "naked" and bearing breasts (which are reproductive organs and thus technically "genitals" are they not?) is "naked" for all intents and purposes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:02 pm 

Wow. That's pretty bad.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:

Wow. That's pretty bad.

I don't like to make a habit out of agreeing with JLN, but when he's right, he's right. It was cringe worthy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:14 pm 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Wow. That's pretty bad.

I don't like to make a habit out of agreeing with JLN, but when he's right, he's right. It was cringe worthy.

Why do you think that is though ? Do you think they really believe that or ( all trolling aside ) they’re afraid to be seen criticizing a black athlete even when it’s clearly warranted ?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Wow. That's pretty bad.

Why do you think that is though ? Do you think they really believe that or ( all trolling aside ) they’re afraid to be seen criticizing a black athlete even when it’s clearly warranted ?

Yes. They twisted themselves in knots because they were afraid of saying something that may appear to be controversial. They did the same thing with Kaepernick's tweet. It was disappointing and insulting to their listeners.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I wish we could history as a lesson as it shows the mistakes that were made and how far we have come. We are making progress. It’s never as fast as the left would like and usually more disruptive than the right would like. Meaning, it moves at the proper pace to balance all the competing interests.

I have always held it is evolutionary. There is a very great curve in improvements in our lifetimes. Some insist still on the unattainable instant results.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:29 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Wow. That's pretty bad.

Imo they are clearly wrong here but I do think they genuinely believe what they are saying and aren't just saying it just for appearances sake.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Wow. That's pretty bad.

Imo they are clearly wrong here but I do think they genuinely believe what they are saying and aren't just saying it just for appearances sake.

I don't. The very long pauses led me to believe that they were trying to find the words that would reduce the chance of backlash.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:56 pm 

Did Drew Brees get the "he doesn't have the power to make people stand for the anthem" kid-gloves treatment from Parkins? No? Then it's obvious he didn't want to be seen as criticizing an outspoken black man in this case, despite that outspoken man quoting what he thought was Adolf Hitler speaking about Jews blackmailing the world.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Whats this Jackson tweet? I have no idea what everyone is talking about?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:00 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Whats this Jackson tweet? I have no idea what everyone is talking about?
This appeared on his Instagram:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:09 pm 

Did Drew Brees get the "he doesn't have the power to make people stand for the anthem" kid-gloves treatment from Parkins? No? Then it's obvious he didn't want to be seen as criticizing an outspoken black man in this case, despite that outspoken man quoting what he thought was Adolf Hitler speaking about Jews blackmailing the world.

I don't think that's obvious at all. Like I said, I believe Parkins believes what he's saying and isn't just trying to look woke. Doesn't make it any less dumb.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next