It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:55 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
wow sabu is back! so many old timers came back today! cool!

And yet you didn't know one t Scot?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Regular Reader wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

nope. must have been when i was on hiatus here from 2010 - 2016.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:58 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

He owned the board until 2016. And got mocked thereafter.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:00 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

He owned the board until 2016. And got mocked thereafter.

what was his username on here?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:03 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
jesus fucking christ I can't do this anymore. STOP POSTING. STOP. Whoever is behind this oblivious dullard concept, stop. It's one thing to do the bit, it's another to carpet-bomb the entire forum with it. Enough is enough.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:05 pm 

i have not listened except for podcasts when they have a guest on that i am interested in.

but seriously - do they take calls from listeners like they use to in the old days? I don't remember OTHER THEN LES OVERNIGHT any listeners calling like they use to.

or have they decreased the call in portion of every show?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:10 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
jesus fucking christ I can't do this anymore. STOP POSTING. STOP. Whoever is behind this oblivious dullard concept, stop. It's one thing to do the bit, it's another to carpet-bomb the entire forum with it. Enough is enough.

is this directed at me? i really dont know who scot is. would be nice if someone told me. not acting or shit. RR is the one who brought it up. not me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:14 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Curious Hair wrote:
STOP POSTING. STOP. Whoever is behind this oblivious dullard concept, stop.

HawaiiYou wrote:
is this directed at me?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:16 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
HawaiiYou wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

is this directed at me? i really dont know who scot is. would be nice if someone told me. not acting or shit. RR is the one who brought it up. not me.

Keep up the good work. I enjoy the oblivious dullard concept.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:18 pm 

Nardi wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

pm me what this is all about. i seriously have no fucking clue.

let's get back to topic.

do they still take callers?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
I no longer listen. I hate LoHo & Bernstein, am no fan of Parkins, Mac was yeah whatever. Hanley got screwed so f Haugh/Mully. That leaves Grobber who I listen to. Speigel & Grote I will listen to when they are on.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:31 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Nardi wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

pm me what this is all about. i seriously have no fucking clue.

let's get back to topic.

do they still take callers?

That's even better.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:32 pm 

'77Cubs wrote:
I no longer listen. I hate LoHo & Bernstein, am no fan of Parkins, Mac was yeah whatever. Hanley got screwed so f Haugh/Mully. That leaves Grobber who I listen to. Speigel & Grote I will listen to when they are on.

good you brought up Grote, forgot about him.

I do like him as well. He's just a guy who talks sports and is pretty humble to be on the air. It comes thru that he's a good guy.

Speigs is good too w Levine on the baseball Saturday show.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:34 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
'77Cubs wrote:

I do like him as well. He's just a guy who talks sports and is pretty humble to be on the air. It comes thru that he's a good guy.

Speigs getting $25 an hour?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:35 pm 

pizza_Place: The Hut
HawaiiYou, if you are going to continue with this project, I say you are going to have to give up your anonymity and do a public verification of identity, or at least to one of the 3 "Luminaries" who run this place now.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:35 pm 

Nardi wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
'77Cubs wrote:

Speigs getting $25 an hour?

i dont know. does he work 40 hours a week there? i mean how about those producers. what if they have families. how do they even survive?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:36 pm 

FukNuggitt wrote:
HawaiiYou, if you are going to continue with this project, I say you are going to have to give up your anonymity and do a public verification of identity, or at least to one of the 3 "Luminaries" who run this place now.

From now on, all inquiries of this sort need to go through me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:37 pm 

FukNuggitt wrote:

no i dropped it after the warnings. not doing it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
HawaiiYou wrote:
'77Cubs wrote:

I used to listen to that but XRT Saturday Morning Flashback is my preference now but I do like Speigs.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:46 pm 

pizza_Place: The Hut
HawaiiYou wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:

Stop asking about it then.

Its like my grade school son asking me about what it was like watching 'I love Lucy'. . . every single day.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:52 pm 

FukNuggitt wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:

Stop asking about it then.

Its like my grade school son asking me about what it was like watching 'I love Lucy'. . . every single day.

RR brought it up. i did not ask. i dont want to ask. blame him for bringing it back up not me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:15 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
JustAGayGuy wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
JustAGayGuy wrote:
Quote:
Ok, that may change the identity, but it doesn't change the accusation.

. . . that accusation that you are a mult, not the one where you were ruthlessly slurping on cocks at your local condo's laundryroom gloryhole. . . while watching football.

Do you think being gay just means that a guy just wants to suck any cock that he can get his hands on? Is this what you really think of homosexuals? Is it so hard to imagine that a gay man might want the same kind of thing that a straight man would? A stable relationship? A family? Do you think we can't be in love like you can? Do you think we're less than human?

I don't ever think about what gay guys want. I'm not gay.

But you sure as heck are - by golly you have said it more than a few times here already!

We all reveal who we are with each word we utter and with every gesture and every glance we deliver. You reveal much about yourself as well, only you're not nearly as up front about it.
Anyway, I kind of just want to stop talking to you about this and stick to sports and betting and sports radio.

So America came back as a gay guy?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:22 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
tommy wrote:
JustAGayGuy wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
JustAGayGuy wrote:
Quote:

. . . that accusation that you are a mult, not the one where you were ruthlessly slurping on cocks at your local condo's laundryroom gloryhole. . . while watching football.

Do you think being gay just means that a guy just wants to suck any cock that he can get his hands on? Is this what you really think of homosexuals? Is it so hard to imagine that a gay man might want the same kind of thing that a straight man would? A stable relationship? A family? Do you think we can't be in love like you can? Do you think we're less than human?

But you sure as heck are - by golly you have said it more than a few times here already!

We all reveal who we are with each word we utter and with every gesture and every glance we deliver. You reveal much about yourself as well, only you're not nearly as up front about it.
Anyway, I kind of just want to stop talking to you about this and stick to sports and betting and sports radio.

Darkside, I think.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:31 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Tall Midget wrote:
tommy wrote:
JustAGayGuy wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
JustAGayGuy wrote:
Quote:

Darkside, I think.

Yeah, that makes sense, too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:10 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I was thinking it was continent as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:19 am 

I think it's interesting to think back to the time when Mac said that message boards were basically dead and no longer had a place of importance. I think there was some truth to it though it was clearly overstated as Facebook and Twitter have been unable to create anything nearly as engaging as a message board since it's basically a thousand people yelling on their own with earplugs only caring about getting a thumbs up or thumbs down from the others who are yelling on their own. Ironically, Twitter and Facebook are now the old kids on the block as everyone wants to be on TikTok and now discord where denis can talk badly about me and others on here with impunity with his unnamed friends. I guess the ultimate point I'm making is that all things have an expiration date. They still may exist in some form but it's clear that things are slowly declining to the point where they either don't exist or exist with such a minimal impact that it's almost unrecognizable from what it once was. It's like how MySpace still exists but it's now a news site and a way for indie bands to get exposure on a site no one goes to.

To get back to the point, sports radio seems to have been slowly eroded to the point where it might as well not exist. What Mac said was wrong, and deserved an apology. To fire him within 24 hours because we can't dare have someone who would make a joke like that shows just how much sports radio has changed. It was more important to make sure that the online backlash on twitter was short lived than it was to take a more measured approach where you don't let the raw emotion dictate the effective end of the career of a person who is one of the defining names of the entire industry in Chicago. Now, this may have just been a cost cutting move for a failing company but that only further shows just how unimportant sports radio has become. That's why it's hilarious to see so many at The Score dancing on the grave of McNeil. This is a sign that all of your futures are in jeopardy. Now, maybe you'll be smart enough to not make a joke like that on Twitter and you'll get to continue to ride as long as possible but it's pretty clear that sports radio in general is a sinking ship. Entercom is failing. ESPN sold/leased away ESPN 1000. The demographics that would actually care that Mac wasn't fired isn't listening to sports radio anyways. Your hosts have to show up every day worried more about what they will say that could offend enough people than they are about being interesting or entertaining.

I think ultimately we will view the 25th anniversary party at The Score as the effective end of the station.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:21 am 

You had to make sure to get in your shot at Dennis. Nice.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:31 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:02 am 

denisdman wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Was it wrong?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:03 am 

FukNuggitt wrote:
[
How quickly he settled into using the signature function as well.

Total Bullshit.

That shit is harder to master than it looks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next