It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:24 am 

tommy wrote:
So America came back as a gay guy?

Yep and was quickly embraced (as always) by the very same people that derided him just last week. Probably will stick to sports for awhile before venturing off into "other" topics.

Won't be lomg before he is considered "witty" and "interesting" by MANY on here.

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
denisdman wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
You had to make sure to get in your shot at Dennis. Nice.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Was it wrong?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
long time guy wrote:
tommy wrote:

Yep and was quickly embraced (as always) by the very same people that derided him just last week. Probably will stick to sports for awhile before venturing off into "other" topics.

Won't be lomg before he is considered "witty" and "interesting" by MANY on here.

Who has the bigger persecution complex, LTG or July?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:30 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

You sure do have a bit of stalker complex thats for sure.
It won't be long before you're licking his ass once again.
Then pretend to piss on his grave after he's bounced. You are to transparency what shit is to a fly.

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
denisdman wrote:
You had to make sure to get in your shot at Dennis. Nice.

Was it wrong?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:44 am 

long time guy wrote:
tommy wrote:

Speaking of "persecution" interesting that you'd this particular term seeing as you repeatedly hounded the mods in order to complain about your treatment on here. Again you're are to transparency what a fly is to shit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:59 am 

First off, I am sorry this happened. Sorry Mac lost the job. But in today's PC world, I am not shocked. Especially as the woman Mac remarked about is black. I really dislike Parkins and the direction he had taken the show. No calls taken.....so he can talk nonstop no doubt. I would love Laila Rehimi (not sure about the spelling) with Spiegal. I would listen to that combo. A once great station is now poor excuse for what it was.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:59 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
No calls taken.....so he can talk nonstop no doubt.
:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:06 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Fort Knox!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Twitter and Facebook are now the old kids on the block as everyone wants to be on TikTok and now discord where denis can talk badly about me and others on here with impunity .

Psh. Spanky was being shit talked behind his back on those platforms while you ( well not you per se, but someone who women would actually find appealing) were still banging cheerleaders in high school .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Parkins is a weirdo. First off, he doesn't like music. Second, what kind of radio host doesn't want to have some kind of connection with his listeners?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:34 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Parkins is a weirdo. First off, he doesn't like music. Second, what kind of radio host doesn't want to have some kind of connection with his listeners?

Exactly. I spoke with Mac on the phone about a month ago about it. I explained that for many years the station created a connection with it's listeners (myself included obviously) through calls taken and aired on the station. You became more invested in the station as a caller. It created a more loyal listenership. Plus, callers sometimes had a point of view the hosts had not considered, that was worthwhile and sparked discussion on the callers point.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Beansie's pizzeria
long time guy wrote:
tommy wrote:

Hi pot, meet kettle.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: What??
tommy wrote:
JustAGayGuy wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
JustAGayGuy wrote:
Quote:
Ok, that may change the identity, but it doesn't change the accusation.

. . . that accusation that you are a mult, not the one where you were ruthlessly slurping on cocks at your local condo's laundryroom gloryhole. . . while watching football.

Do you think being gay just means that a guy just wants to suck any cock that he can get his hands on? Is this what you really think of homosexuals? Is it so hard to imagine that a gay man might want the same kind of thing that a straight man would? A stable relationship? A family? Do you think we can't be in love like you can? Do you think we're less than human?

I don't ever think about what gay guys want. I'm not gay.

But you sure as heck are - by golly you have said it more than a few times here already!

We all reveal who we are with each word we utter and with every gesture and every glance we deliver. You reveal much about yourself as well, only you're not nearly as up front about it.
Anyway, I kind of just want to stop talking to you about this and stick to sports and betting and sports radio.

Appears so.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Exactly. I spoke with Mac on the phone about a month ago about it. I explained that for many years the station created a connection with it's listeners (myself included obviously) through calls taken and aired on the station. You became more invested in the station as a caller. It created a more loyal listenership. Plus, callers sometimes had a point of view the hosts had not considered, that was worthwhile and sparked discussion on the callers point.

1/3 of callers have lousy thoughts. Another third just want to hear themselves talk (the dead guy Gary who would do WYC). The final third are the ones who have cogent helpful thoughts but also have the self discipline not to just call every fucking day like it's their show.

Two shit to one good is not a good ratio for any business.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:44 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

1/3 of callers have lousy thoughts. Another third just want to hear themselves talk (the dead guy Gary who would do WYC). The final third are the ones who have cogent helpful thoughts but also have the self discipline not to just call every fucking day like it's their show.

Consider that it's Steve bragging about a private call with Mac. And he thinks that it's helpful.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nardi wrote:
tommy wrote:
JustAGayGuy wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
JustAGayGuy wrote:
Quote:
Ok, that may change the identity, but it doesn't change the accusation.

. . . that accusation that you are a mult, not the one where you were ruthlessly slurping on cocks at your local condo's laundryroom gloryhole. . . while watching football.

Do you think being gay just means that a guy just wants to suck any cock that he can get his hands on? Is this what you really think of homosexuals? Is it so hard to imagine that a gay man might want the same kind of thing that a straight man would? A stable relationship? A family? Do you think we can't be in love like you can? Do you think we're less than human?

I don't ever think about what gay guys want. I'm not gay.

But you sure as heck are - by golly you have said it more than a few times here already!

We all reveal who we are with each word we utter and with every gesture and every glance we deliver. You reveal much about yourself as well, only you're not nearly as up front about it.
Anyway, I kind of just want to stop talking to you about this and stick to sports and betting and sports radio.

Appears so.

How so? JAGG's posting style much more closely resembles Darkside's than it does America's.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

But isn't there something to be said for hearing a host handle a bad or dumb caller? To me, it's like improv. Technically speaking a stand-up routine that's been worked over for months is much more funny than something someone thought of off the top of their heads, but the entertainment value isn't JUST in what is "technically" funny. Similarly, how a radio host handles a call that is simultaneously good, bad, and dumb until the caller is brought on air can be an entertaining change of pace.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Regular Reader wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Consider that it's Steve bragging about a private call with Mac. And he thinks that it's helpful.

I wasn't going to give that any time..... but I also didn't assert which third he lands in.

In short, unless you can bring it like Wild Bill RIP used to, I don't want to hear caller thoughts on air. Easy PTFB for me on any show.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Weekend producers slogging through shitty unscreened phone calls would be more entertaining than any of the current solo shows.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:27 am 

Saying callers improve sports radio is like saying that letting fans take a snap at quarterback would improve football. It would be fun to see the fan get crushed and that's it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:17 am 

In short, unless you can bring it like Wild Bill RIP used to, I don't want to hear caller thoughts on air. Easy PTFB for me on any show.

The callers have value. One of the best things that taking calls did was it allowed the hosts and the station to gauge what the interest happened to be on a particular topic. It seems that one of the biggest complaints that I hear on here is from people that hate to be force-fed topics and views all of the time. Taking calls helped eliminate that because when people were disinterested in hearing about something they tended to call less often. Phone lines tended to be empty thus that was a signal to move on to another topic.

Another thing that would happen as a result of taking calls was that often times something that had not previously been discussed would get discussed. Often from something that emanated from the mind of a caller.

The no caller thing only works if you have the sort of guests that Chet would pump out. The score usually didn't have the those sort of guests. Typically they'd have some local scribe on to bash Reinsdorf, McCaskey, or the Tribune and that would be about it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:32 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Saying callers improve sports radio is like saying that letting fans take a snap at quarterback would improve football. It would be fun to see the fan get crushed and that's it.

and yet, the quality of the product has decreased commensurate with listener participation

Weekends are caller heavy and its pretty good listen. That might be because the games occurring focus the callers or the hosts are more of the seasonal expert variety and so, focus the callers.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:47 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

and yet, the quality of the product has decreased commensurate with listener participation

Weekends are caller heavy and its pretty good listen. That might be because the games occurring focus the callers or the hosts are more of the seasonal expert variety and so, focus the callers.

Depends who you ask. I don't long for the 90s Score and much prefer the format, not all the hosts, over the last 10 years. I want intelligent, witty hosts discussing sports topics and interviews with sports experts. If I want to listen to rah, rah meathead fan calls I'd go sit at a bar after work and listen to 40 and 50-year olds talk about sports.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:01 am 

DAC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Depends who you ask. I don't long for the 90s Score and much prefer the format, not all the hosts, over the last 10 years. I want intelligent, witty hosts discussing sports topics and interviews with sports experts. If I want to listen to rah, rah meathead fan calls I'd go sit at a bar after work and listen to 40 and 50-year olds talk about sports.

ask the ratings book

do you think you have intelligent, witty hosts discussing sports topics now?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I wonder if Terry will stop making guest appearances on the station.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:50 am 

You see what happened here? The subject was Mac's dismissal. I post about a discussion I had with him about the station no longer taking calls, like it did for decades. This whole thread turns on a dime and the discussion is about the station taking calls.

That is what a call on the air can do. It can provoke discussion on a subject the hosts were not even considering prior to the call. It can get further participation from callers wanting to support or oppose that callers opinion as well. It can make for great radio. It did for a lot of years. You get Mike North back on the Score taking calls.....the ratings double.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

B&B was at its best when they would let some dumbass caller make an ass of themselves and then Terry would laugh at them and Dan would scream at them.

Callers were part of the experience. I mean we got "quotes of the year" from callers. Without callers we don't get "well maybe Mike North knows" or "What about Danks?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
Im gone. Ill listen to xm. Dont wanna hear laurence talk anything and parkins talk football and nba non stop. Hard pass.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:02 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

B&B was at its best when they would let some dumbass caller make an ass of themselves and then Terry would laugh at them and Dan would scream at them.

Callers were part of the experience. I mean we got "quotes of the year" from callers. Without callers we don't get "well maybe Mike North knows" or "What about Danks?"

Who didn't laugh when the Monsters would play Hendrix?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next