It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:27 pm 

this TAke will give you not 1 but 2 record reviews

1980s, Soul Asylum finally broke though in 1992 with Grave Dancers Union. Made up of well-composed three and four minute songs, the album contains an amazing amount of genre diversity as well as tidbits of experimentation without every elongating any one section or theme unnecessarily. Each song stands out in its own way, with no two sounding completely alike. There are very few weak, filler-level tracks, while the standouts are very strong. While the album is brilliant musically throughout, it does fluctuate lyrically between deep, poetic lyrics and some which are cheap and trite. But that being said, this is one of the best albums of 1992 and it nicely straddles the line between the predominant genre of the day, alternative, and many other sub-genres of rock n’ roll.

(www.classicrockreview.com)

In the wake of the Offspring's success, Rancid became a hot band, earning a dedicated cult and sparking a major-label bidding war. After flirting with a handful of major labels, the band decided to stick with Epitaph and returned with And Out Come the Wolves. While the title is a veiled reference to the attention the band gained, the album doesn't mark an isolationist retreat into didactic, defiantly underground punk rock. Instead, Rancid develop their own identity on the record, which ironically makes them more accessible. Although they continue to draw heavily from the Clash and the Specials -- and their roots in the ska-punk band Operation Ivy are quite clear throughout the record -- the band plays with such energy and conviction, it's easy to forgive their derivativeness. On the whole, And Out Come the Wolves is a little too long to make a major impact, but individual tracks are classic moments of revivalist punk, including the skittering 2-Tone tribute "Time Bomb."

both apropos titles here, this is probably a naive take,

The man who I would argue is a legend in sports radio in Chicago, I would argue the best who ever did it, the best consistent ratings, books, over the longest period of time gets shot and killed like Omar in the final episode of The Wire. To see a titan taken out with a piddly ass .22 caliber tweet social justice warrior clutching at pearls play is really depressing, man.

He deserves to go out better, they should at least let him finish the week and retire, but no; they cant do that. Suspend him, have him "resign" (buy him out) and have a retirement show. Im convinced this is an economic play, Entcom is gonna eject SCR off the balance sheet and try to avoid the Chapters you dont want to be reading about in the US Code (hint 9 11 or 13- I think Entcom is looking at 9 or 11, nuclear winter bitch)

So out come the wolves and the grave dancers. Now maybe, just maybe Im a shit judge of people, of character. But pissants like Zawaski, the HMS Dicaro, some dude named EVan, Parky, Larry Holmes, even Kap and his sychophantic steam room blow job club got their slaps in on the demise of this dude who did it longer than anyone. I gotta think Mac has done these fuckfaces favors as they made their way up, and this is how he gets repaid by getting streamlined for this piddly ass shit. I know this is a dog eat dog bidness, and it is show bidness, and if you want a friend, buy a fucking dog. Shit man, to celebrate and pontificate and clutch your pearls and philosophize on someone fired for this weak ass shit and not realize that you can be the next JFK in the back of the limo, in the crosshairs of the SJW woketard Parkins/ Bernstein 6.5×52mm Carcano Model 91/38 infantry rifle pointed at you from the Dallas WOKE schoolbook depository and lose your head is not only short sighted, but it is stupid.

So Im gonna fire off about 20 screeds and ride off into the sunset for probably forever. Theres nothing left, there really was nothing left from Feb, when I listened on Bears friday and we got an hour which devolved into parky and mac talking about Skip Bayless take on Dak Prescotts take on depression, weve lost sight of what the medium is all about. It used to be about having some fun, THERE IS NOTHING FUN ABOUT A PARKINS, BERNSTIEN OR HOLMES take........on anything, on Parkins depression, I GIVE A FUCK. That guy was probably suicidal when he only got a new honda civic in when he turned 16 in high school instead of the ACCORD!!!!

Back to entcom, the only thing that is going to be funny is when they turn out the lights and put all of these grave dancers and wolves out on the streets, maybe Speegal needs a rhythm section, Parkins can play skin flute, Bernsie can play the J blank blank S harp and Holmes can get in fights as the bouncer because he is such an elevator hard ass. Shit with the way the balance sheet is looking ESPN 1000 gonna get the same fate. Ill check feder every month or two and get my schadenfreude old style tall boys on ice.

later
sabu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
sabu, they did the same to Chet. Including at times Mac.

At the end, Chet died because he had to go to fucking South Carolina to get a gig. Because the two stations in town were afraid of him if he got a head of steam in a meaningful time slot with real advertisers who weren't Indian doctors, tax cheats, or talking about a man's testosterone.

At least Terry got to go out mostly on his own terms. You think he'll come back to guest host now when Parkins wants to take a week off? Hah.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
HMS dicaro - :lol:

good stuff sabu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:

At the end, Chet died because he had to go to fucking South Carolina to get a gig. Because the two stations in town were afraid of him if he got a head of steam in a meaningful time slot with real advertisers who weren't Indian doctors, tax cheats, or talking about a man's testosterone.

At least Terry got to go out mostly on his own terms. You think he'll come back to guest host now when Parkins wants to take a week off? Hah.
Chet’s time was over. Nobody was afraid of him and he was never going to be a major player again. Let it go.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:02 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Chet’s time was over. Nobody was afraid of him and he was never going to be a major player again. Let it go.

Mac's time was over as well. Even he admitted it, and I suspect that if it wasn't for the uncertainty of his son's long term expenses, Mac would have never come back after The Drive.

Chet's mistake was going to New York. He never recovered. He still shouldn't have been treated the way he was by people in Chicago who only had a career because of guys like Chet as well as The Sportswriters.

And Mac shouldn't be pissed on by the likes of a c like Jay Zawaski.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I'm shocked the ratings are still holding up. Who is listening to this crap? Personally, I watch a lot less tv, sports, and radio these days. Its just not fun.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Mac's time was over as well. Even he admitted it, and I suspect that if it wasn't for the uncertainty of his son's long term expenses, Mac would have never come back after The Drive.

Chet's mistake was going to New York. He never recovered. He still shouldn't have been treated the way he was by people in Chicago who only had a career because of guys like Chet as well as The Sportswriters.

And Mac shouldn't be pissed on by the likes of a c like Jay Zawaski.

I admire your passion but Chet burned his own bridges. Toward the end he thought he was bigger than he was and seemed bitter when he was passed over for guys he thought were beneath him. Radio is littered with personalities trying to relive the glory years and finding only disappointment - Eddie and Jobo, Dahl, Brandmeier, Mancow...etc. With very few exceptions (Eric Ferguson :scratch: ) it’s a cruel business

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:52 pm 

Deacon Blues wrote:

Chet was an egomaniac whose time was long gone when he died.

You are missing the point, probably deliberately.

And if you think I'm defending Chet, I am not. The user name comes from the old Feder blog posts comments in the post-newspaper Vocalo days. But I am old enough to remember his influence back in the day, and how he got shit on when he moved back to Chicago from NY. He made the mistake of going to Webio with North but I was not around at that point. Chet was a shell of himself when he died, but Chet was also proof of concept that the city could support 3 hours of sports talk and maybe we could go to 10.

Mac still gave him a good tribute: Chet gave Mac his big break and things were stormy. Mac is now a shell of his HFC/MJH self. Mac's bad choices are well documented here, and like Chet addiction had a lot to do with it. No addiction, and Mac would have been retired by now.

Jay fucking Zawaski is a shell of a woke cuck, and the idea that he and others at either station are dancing on Mac's professional grave is repulsive.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Out of all of the backstabbers at 670, it really is Zawaski I hate the most. From what I heard from people inside 670, Danny Mac really took care of him and looked after him and the other producers. In many radio jobs the talent treat the producers like complete dog shit but Danny Mac was old school and treated his producers well.

When Danny Mac took a leave of absence for mental health issues back in 2012, they the producers in turn treated him like complete dog shit even after all he had done for them. These people who now fake being super "woke" were anything but woke when it came to serious issues with addiction and depression in the case of Danny Mac. Well 8 years later they were there to knife him again.

At the end of the day Zawaski is a giant tub of lard and a piece of shit human. We all know he is the burrito who sent the press release to red menace. We can only hope that when Entercom goes belly up and puts national shows in during the daytime that producers like Zawaski are jettisoned as well. Maybe he can go back to "teaching" at Illinois Sports Media School or whatever that scam of a school is called now. Assuming they too don't go belly up when the Department of Education wises up to that scam and stops approving them for Federal loans

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:54 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Out of all of the backstabbers at 670, it really is Zawaski I hate the most. From what I heard from people inside 670, Danny Mac really took care of him and looked after him and the other producers. In many radio jobs the talent treat the producers like complete dog shit but Danny Mac was old school and treated his producers well.

When Danny Mac took a leave of absence for mental health issues back in 2012, they the producers in turn treated him like complete dog shit even after all he had done for them. These people who now fake being super "woke" were anything but woke when it came to serious issues with addiction and depression in the case of Danny Mac. Well 8 years later they were there to knife him again.

At the end of the day Zawaski is a giant tub of lard and a piece of shit human. We all know he is the burrito who sent the press release to red menace. We can only hope that when Entercom goes belly up and puts national shows in during the daytime that producers like Zawaski are jettisoned as well. Maybe he can go back to "teaching" at Illinois Sports Media School or whatever that scam of a school is called now. Assuming they too don't go belly up when the Department of Education wises up to that scam and stops approving them for Federal loans

Thats the shit, I think due to age Dangerous is done, but if he is not, why would you count him out? the guy has had more comebacks than Larry Holmes. Grandma Sabu used to tell sabu if you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything. It is hilarious to see these cucks in a dying media fall over each other to be the white knight on this harmless tweet sent in a moment of stupidity. Bernisie survived it, Mac does not, guess why that is, someone goes to church on sundays and someone does not.

EVERYONE IS RACIST!!!!!!!!!!! it is just a matter of time until we find your biases ZAwaski, and furthermore, racism is systematic, so we the perpetually victims can be victims in perpituity, so the Rutter and Bollenger decisions can never be used to terminate affirmative action in college admissions or anywhere. We dominate your children's schools, so we teach them to be guilty due to the fact that they are raised in a family that has two parents of different genders who love and care about them.

BOTTOM LINE- this conflict has turned into the good guys versus the bad guys, and the zawaski bernsie parky cuck brigade are the bad guys. I need a good car mechanic more than I ever will need a sports talker who can entertain me.

later
sabu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

I remember some tension between Zawaski and Mac a few times. I forget what it was about.

Why exactly does Zawaski hate Mac though?

I actually remember Mac putting him on as a hockey guest. He would also do some bit where he would play a stupid Canadian guy with the Canadian accent. It wasn't a good bit. But they tried it a few times.

So what is this Mac vs. Jay thing about?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:19 am 

pizza_Place: The Hut
Bernstein stole Zawaski's loyalties after he flattered him by asking him to be considered a part of the Fat Man Podcast or whatever.

Bernstein probably used his latent fixation on technically-appreciating the previously heinous sport of hockey (because his son probably got caught up in the Blackhawk's 2009-10 resurgence like all the other rich kids in his neighborhood) to bond with Zawaski and make him feel all warm and special, . . . like associating with the ever gracious Danny Bernstein would possibly help his career someday.

Fat chance.

You tied off to a leaking buoy, fat boy!

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:45 am 

that's a lot of words and you know I have a short attention span so I'm gonna take it that you are disrespecting me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:48 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
blackhawksfan wrote:
I'm shocked the ratings are still holding up. Who is listening to this crap? Personally, I watch a lot less tv, sports, and radio these days. Its just not fun.

Today’s DH has an article on the situation and says the ratings are down 40%.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:59 am 

Maybe I'm not paying attention, but I have to say I respect the restraint of Goff and Bernstein on this issue

maybe they did both turn a corner in their development as humans

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
denisdman wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Just can't quit the Herald can you?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
good dolphin wrote:
Maybe I'm not paying attention, but I have to say I respect the restraint of Goff and Bernstein on this issue

Goff and Bernstein are quiet on this particular one as they have worse stuff in their recent past than what Danny Mac tweeted. They don't want to have those brought back up.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:39 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
denisdman wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Just can't quit the Herald can you?

Hah, no but I am close. I moved to online only, which is actually a good product. You get 365 days of full access for $99/year. The paper version was over $70/month and usually showed up late and missed late night scores.

The technology looks just like the actual paper akin to the WSJ app.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:42 am 

On another note, my parents always had paper delivery. At ten years old I became the neighborhood paperboy and delivered it for five years until the paper moved away from children delivery staff to car adult staff. I used to get $30/month to deliver about 25 houses. I bought my first car with the money I saved.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Trump Pies delivered by fwank
denisdman wrote:
On another note, my parents always had paper delivery. At ten years old I became the neighborhood paperboy and delivered it for five years until the paper moved away from children delivery staff to car adult staff. I used to get $30/month to deliver about 25 houses. I bought my first car with the money I saved.

Back in the last century I was one of those adult paper boys. Came back from some foreign shit hole broke and worked 500 mornings inna row delivering to Mundelein and L'ville. $1 fine if you didn't 'porch it'. Motherfuckers would call if the paper was 3 feet away from a 2" high concrete slab porch. Pendejos.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:36 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Goff and Bernstein are quiet on this particular one as they have worse stuff in their recent past than what Danny Mac tweeted. They don't want to have those brought back up.

Dat's exactly right.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Dan McNeil memorial forum

Love it