It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

That's something that Julie let out.

It seems like we always learn other stuff when the SCORE has a crisis.

So if the backups do a 2 hour show, they get $50. Which is what Julie used to do. She was 10-12 at night. But she only did it a few nights a week.

That's embarrassing, Mitch Rosen.

I'm here to publicly shame you into giving them $30 per hour.

Another thing, if the host makes $25 per hour, what the hell is that producer making. Christ.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Another random thought. Joe Ostowski does that 1 hour gambling show on Sunday mornings.

Hell, is it really worth doing it for $25? I mean, he loses that $25 by 1:15 on Sunday. Cuz that Polack probably bet the Bears -1.5 in the first half for $25. (I'm half Polish. I'm allowed.) So don't cancel me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
25 bucks an hour seems more than reasonable as a sub. Especially in this industry, where most of the fill ins have actual jobs (Rozner, etc). They’re getting paid to talk about sports. We aren’t curing cancer here.

Dicaro is nothing but a lawyer that couldn’t hack it, so she quit to become a member of the media. Only, she appears to lack the drive necessary to actually do the work to be successful.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Beardown, I applaud you for spelling it correctly -- this board succeeds at about a 25% rate at spelling the slur instead of the fish or the abstract impressionist painter.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

newper wrote:
Beardown, I applaud you for spelling it correctly -- this board succeeds at about a 25% rate at spelling the slur instead of the fish or the abstract impressionist painter.

I've spelled it wrong in the past. That's because I'm half Polish.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I think Joe O is a full time guy on contract and not paid per the show/hour like Julie was.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I think Joe O is a full time guy on contract and not paid per the show/hour like Julie was.

I'm not sure about that. Joe barely gets air time now a days with the Cubs playing. He really doesn't work that much.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Commuting into the studio downtown for 25 per on air hour is awful. Her show was only 2 hours long. Getting from Auroraswego to the studio, doing the show and then getting back home has to be a 5 hour ordeal minimum....for 50$ that will assuredly get taxed down. If you are a producer who is already in the building and then hops on the air for some extra cash its fine.

This also means she was never fired. They simply stopped giving her hours that they were under no contractual obligation to give her.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Commuting into the studio downtown for 25 per on air hour is awful. Her show was only 2 hours long. Getting from Auroraswego to the studio, doing the show and then getting back home has to be a 5 hour ordeal minimum....for 50$ that will assuredly get taxed down. If you are a producer who is already in the building and then hops on the air for some extra cash its fine.

This also means she was never fired. They simply stopped giving her hours that they were under no contractual obligation to give her.

Right. She didn't have a contract. I doubt Joe O has a contract. Just pay for play type of deal.

Shepkowski was another guy that used to get shifts. They would have his ass do the 30 minutes before Cubs pregame since he was producing the afternoon show anyway. So I guess he got $12.50 for that half hour. He doesn't do that anymore since they've expanded Cubs pregame to an hour.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:59 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I'm not sure about that. Joe barely gets air time now a days with the Cubs playing. He really doesn't work that much.

He's on the same arrangement Larry was on before getting noon to 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
There is no way Spiegel is getting just 25 per hour.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

He's on the same arrangement Larry was on before getting noon to 2

Yeah. Maybe. But he's actually getting less time then Larry. Because the Cubs expanded their pregame show to 1 hour instead of a half hour. So maybe it's adjusted for that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
There is no way Spiegel is getting just 25 per hour.

Yeah. He probably gets more for the weekend baseball shows he does.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:41 am 

pizza_Place: The Hut
Beardown wrote:
That's something that Julie let out.

It seems like we always learn other stuff when the SCORE has a crisis.

So if the backups do a 2 hour show, they get $50. Which is what Julie used to do. She was 10-12 at night. But she only did it a few nights a week.

That's embarrassing, Mitch Rosen.

I'm here to publicly shame you into giving them $30 per hour.

Another thing, if the host makes $25 per hour, what the hell is that producer making. Christ.

lol that's why you don't study fucking journalism in college unless you are from a Dan Bernstein-type Richie Rich family where you could end up on your ass but still be ok.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:30 am 

We've discussed this topic for almost two decades. Those producers make something like $18K for entry level pay. I think Rock had bumped that up to the high 30s after a decade of work.

Someone with knowledge of academia at NU stated in how low esteem the journalism school/students were held compared to the general population at the school, and that is the very top of the industry. Imagine what you are getting graduating from a more fringe school.

Producer is a job for someone with low career aspirations and an even lower work ethic. A guy like Tannehill putting in a little bit of effort shines so brightly beyond the average just spending maybe an extra hour per day at his craft.

The golden era of the Score was highlighted by its production quality. Jesse, Hood, etc. spent hours working the phones for guests, creating content with produced skits and landmark bits. Notice how all of them made something of themselves in the industry. The Bernstein era created an environment of arriving five minutes before the show started and leaving as soon as it ended (or earlier). Management doesn't care because, what can you expect for below minimum wage salaries.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'll give Larry some credit. When he was barely getting air time, he got a job at DePaul to teach this bullshit media shit to students. Then he got his Masters. So he had a second job.

These producers amaze me. They all b.itch about their money, but the one thing they have over other people that b.itch about their money is time. It's a 3 or 4 hour work day. So you can get a second job doing something.

Joe O used to be a producer for Larry so he barely worked cuz of the schedule. Granted, he also did White Sox games. So he had a decent schedule.

Now he's a host that barely works. He's trying to make it as the "Gambling guy". Good luck with that. But he has nothing to do all day for the most part. So my suggestion is to get a 2nd job. His wife is out there every day doing 8 hours. They have a couple of kids. He's mentioned that his wife makes more than him. She's gotta be pissed. He just goes on the air for half hour shows telling people to take the under or over in the fucking game.

I'm sorry. It makes no sense to me.

Last edited by Beardown on Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Beardown can you and others educate me.

First of all, I found this forum a few years ago. Beardown are you an ex score employee? If so what years were you there?

In regards to pay in 2020, this is my guess.

Haugh/Mully - 100K each

Bernstein - 200K

Parkins/Mac(when Mac there) Mac $125K, Parkins 180K

Shep/Tanny - 80K each

Grobber - 90K

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Christ, I have been asked this question multiple times.

No, I've never worked at the SCORE. Nor do I know anybody at the SCORE. Furthermore, I don't ever want to meet anybody that works at the SCORE.

1. I have one source from the SCORE that has PM'd me with information about SCORE stuff.

2. I had another SCORE guy that PM'd me that wanted to talk to me on the phone. He invited me to call him. I declined. I just told him I had no interest in a phone call conversation.

I never asked for either. They reached out to me.

That's it. That's my only connection to SCORE people.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:32 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Beardown wrote:

No, I've never worked at the SCORE. Nor do I know anybody at the SCORE. Furthermore, I don't ever want to meet anybody that works at the SCORE.

1. I have one source from the SCORE that has PM'd me with information about SCORE stuff.

2. I had another SCORE guy that PM'd me that wanted to talk to me on the phone. He invited me to call him. I declined. I just told him I had no interest in a phone call conversation.

Was it Drinky who wanted you to call him? I only ask because he once PM'ed to invite me to meet him at a bar.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:39 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:

Someone with knowledge of academia at NU stated in how low esteem the journalism school/students were held compared to the general population at the school, and that is the very top of the industry. Imagine what you are getting graduating from a more fringe school.

Medilldos are generally regarded as the dumbest students at Northwestern, a perception they justify whenever they are forced to fulfill course requirements outside of the Journalism School.

Starting salaries for "content developers" aka journalists are generally quite low but can escalate quickly if one is employed at a profitable enterprise.

Many Medill students end up working in corporate communications, marketing, or public relations, where they make healthy salaries.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:57 am 

Beardown wrote:

Give up the goods, my man. You offered these people no discretion when they contacted you and there is no way in hell they should have expected it.

My guess is Sir wanted to talk on the phone. He strikes me as the guy who always wants to "dialogue" because he is so charismatic.

The info guy had to be someone low on the totem pole who we wouldn't even recognize.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:14 am 

cookie23 wrote:

First of all, I found this forum a few years ago. Beardown are you an ex score employee? If so what years were you there?

Haugh/Mully - 100K each

Bernstein - 200K

Shep/Tanny - 80K each

Grobber - 90K

Those numbers are lower now. Especially Bernstein and Parkins. The days of getting $200k for a daytime slot are long gone in local sports radio.

and no fucking way are Shep and Tanny getting $80k. At best $45-50 and that might be high.

You might have the right numbers for Mully & Haugh though. Morning drive is the station's premier slot and their biggest money maker.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Jason Goff had a strong interest in Beardown. No idea why. He's one of the PM's.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Medilldos are generally regarded as the dumbest students at Northwestern, a perception they justify whenever they are forced to fulfill course requirements outside of the Journalism School.

Starting salaries for "content developers" aka journalists are generally quite low but can escalate quickly if one is employed at a profitable enterprise.

Many Medill students end up working in corporate communications, marketing, or public relations, where they make healthy salaries.

Not a single medill student I knew is currently working in media. The Tech folks would refer to the math class they took to fulfill that requirement as math for trees. My roommate would come up with great ideas at 2am on fixing traffic and pollution that only sounded like he was chemically altered.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Give up the goods, my man. You offered these people no discretion when they contacted you and there is no way in hell they should have expected it.

My guess is Sir wanted to talk on the phone. He strikes me as the guy who always wants to "dialogue" because he is so charismatic.

The info guy had to be someone low on the totem pole who we wouldn't even recognize.

Nah. I won't give it up. You don't know my source. You wouldn't guess that one.

I think all of you could probably guess who wanted to talk to me on the phone. That's obvious with my history on this board. Let's just say it's one of two people. You gotta 50-50 shot of guessing that one. But I'll never confirm or deny any of your guesses.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:28 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I could see Jason pulling the "come on man just get on the phone I wanna talk to ya c'mon let's talk this out like men what are you so afraid of huh let's just talk" thing. Drinky less so.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
I could see Jason pulling the "come on man just get on the phone I wanna talk to ya c'mon let's talk this out like men what are you so afraid of huh let's just talk" thing. Drinky less so.

That's a good guess. :wink:

Fuck it, yeah, it was Goff.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:46 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

That's a good guess. :wink:

Fuck it, yeah, it was Goff.

Drinky would only call you if you were an ex-Ice Girl with 2 kids and a hubby

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
cookie23 wrote:

Haugh/Mully - 100K each

Bernstein - 200K

Shep/Tanny - 80K each

Grobber - 90K

im pretty sure Bernstein is making close to a Million or a little more.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
cookie23 wrote:

vitoscotti is the former ex-score and ex-am1000 employee on this forum. i think there are a few more but he's the one that posts regularly here.