It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:31 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I listened for an hour. It was bad and in my opinion Danny is trying to hard right now.

I get it I am in my 40s he in in his early 30s and far more liberal than I am, but you can be both liberal and a sports fan and leave politics out and wet blankets.

Last night I listened to opening segment podcast to hear about what he had to say about Mac. During the intro he is talking about how we as a society have to be better on all issues, Trans issues? Something like that. Than he talks about watching The Chi with his wife.

Just seems like at the beginning he was sports and fun(the gambling stuff got old fast), but he has a great radio voice and knows sports.

Today he had on Pat Fitzgerald and put such a wet blanket and annoying reaction to "I guess football and money matter." "What about the unkowns with the virus to young people." This isnt about football health anymore? I was like, what? CTE is far greater deal than COVID for this age group.

Maybe a generational thing for just a 12 year age difference or so, but I remember Grunge, not giving an F in my youth, loving sports, Stern, etc.

So many people I talked to are so happy about Big Ten football starting except the one sports guy I listened to today. He just came across as obviously playing an act on being perplexed.

This virus sucks, everyone agrees. Science matters. Everyone agrees. Science states both mortality and morbidity that college age kids are at an extreme low risk to this.

Social distance around older people and those with pre existing conditions. Seems pretty easy. Only have had 8 months or so of World data.

I don't think I will be listening anymore. Even though I think he is extremely talented, sports talk was entertainment for me.

I cannot watch the dumb@ass debate shows, I tried the guy Clay Travis, he is annoying right winger who says he doesnt talk poltics, yet only talks politics.

The Herd had its moments.

I just want a sports guy, the best guy in town without a doubt is J Hood.

Just my 2 cents. Anyone else listen to Parkins first day?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:49 am 

pizza_Place: The Hut
I'd rather listen to fucking B96 for 72 straight hours than Danny Parkins for one.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:57 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
cookie23 wrote:
I listened for an hour. It was bad and in my opinion Danny is trying to hard right now.

I get it I am in my 40s he in in his early 30s and far more liberal than I am, but you can be both liberal and a sports fan and leave politics out and wet blankets.

Last night I listened to opening segment podcast to hear about what he had to say about Mac. During the intro he is talking about how we as a society have to be better on all issues, Trans issues? Something like that. Than he talks about watching The Chi with his wife.

Just seems like at the beginning he was sports and fun(the gambling stuff got old fast), but he has a great radio voice and knows sports.

Today he had on Pat Fitzgerald and put such a wet blanket and annoying reaction to "I guess football and money matter." "What about the unkowns with the virus to young people." This isnt about football health anymore? I was like, what? CTE is far greater deal than COVID for this age group.

Maybe a generational thing for just a 12 year age difference or so, but I remember Grunge, not giving an F in my youth, loving sports, Stern, etc.

So many people I talked to are so happy about Big Ten football starting except the one sports guy I listened to today. He just came across as obviously playing an act on being perplexed.

This virus sucks, everyone agrees. Science matters. Everyone agrees. Science states both mortality and morbidity that college age kids are at an extreme low risk to this.

Social distance around older people and those with pre existing conditions. Seems pretty easy. Only have had 8 months or so of World data.

I don't think I will be listening anymore. Even though I think he is extremely talented, sports talk was entertainment for me.

I cannot watch the dumb@ass debate shows, I tried the guy Clay Travis, he is annoying right winger who says he doesnt talk poltics, yet only talks politics.

The Herd had its moments.

I just want a sports guy, the best guy in town without a doubt is J Hood.

Just my 2 cents. Anyone else listen to Parkins first day?

Clay had a good conversation about the Clippers blowing their 3-1 lead in the first hour of the show today. I like his show because he really is the only right of center sports radio host. Jon Kincade on weekend mornings is pretty centrist too. I understand Parkins is worried about the exposure to the virus for himself and his child, but not everyone is in that situation. I also believe college athletes have the option not to play correct? If they choose to take that risk, they are old enough to make that decision themselves.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:39 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I dunno, Frank, anyone who regularly interacts with college students knows that they can't be trusted to make responsible decisions about most things, and certainly not matters related to public health.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:49 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I don't need to review the show because Danny has been driving the Parkins and Mac show since the beginning, and it's shit. He doesn't take calls and he's in love with his voice. Fuck him and his social issues bullshit. He and his butterface wife should move to faggotyland.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:03 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
blackhawksfan wrote:
I don't need to review the show because Danny has been driving the Parkins and Mac show since the beginning, and it's shit. He doesn't take calls and he's in love with his voice. Fuck him and his social issues bullshit. He and his butterface wife should move to faggotyland.

Most callers suck.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:16 am 

pizza_Place: Bennys
DAC wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Most callers suck.

No doubt that most suck. A good host can turn that into radio gold. Parkins solo is a train wreck. We all know he likes to hear himself talk but without someone else there to help him it is probably the worst show on the air.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
The Man wrote:
DAC wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Most callers suck.

No doubt that most suck. A good host can turn that into radio gold. Parkins solo is a train wreck. We all know he likes to hear himself talk but without someone else there to help him it is probably the worst show on the air.

I definitely agree that there needs to be more voices. I want Spiegs back. If you are just looking for show fodder then use texts, emails, Tweets so that you can be more selective and that the process is more streamlined.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:41 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
I dunno, Frank, anyone who regularly interacts with college students knows that they can't be trusted to make responsible decisions about most things, and certainly not matters related to public health.

Yep. They are making bad decisions, even about COVID, all over college campuses unless they think they are being watched.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:09 am 

FukNuggitt wrote:
I'd rather listen to fucking B96 for 72 straight hours than Danny Parkins for one.

Everyone says he has a great radio voice but to me he sounds like a spoiled mammas boy who is playing radio host. He has no clue why we watch sports and listen to sports radio.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: The Hut
Juiced wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:

Everyone says he has a great radio voice but to me he sounds like a spoiled mammas boy who is playing radio host. He has no clue why we watch sports and listen to sports radio.

Who wouldn't want to deliver a one-two to this creep's soft-boned face in a parking lot after he makes the mistake of talking shit in-person?

I would LOVE to see him get his chain snatched.

Get the fuck out of here with your bullshit. In the Howard Stern heyday of the late 90's, despising a host like this was good for ratings. Now? It drives people away because there are just so many other options. Nobody wants to be preached to unless they are in Church.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
The best thing we can do is not listen, and not create show threads IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Jbi11s wrote:
The best thing we can do is not listen, and not create show threads IMO.

I struggle with Parkins. On one hand, he has enthusiasm, watches and understands the games, has strong opinions, and tries to have fun. But he can’t help but let his bleeding heart liberalism get in the way and make back handed comments like the reason the SEC is playing is because they are in red states. And he does enough of the pseudo annoying political crap that it turns me off.

I won’t be listening. Sadly, I just want the station to fold. The entire middle of the day is an insufferable listen. The morning show is fine but not inspiring. And afternoons were neutered.

I agree the best thing we can do is to stop listening. If I end up back in the office, I’ll probably do the podcast stuff that Ogie talks about.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:39 am 

Lebatard has podcasts too!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:40 am 

Jbi11s wrote:

Good point.....

And if desperate I may try ESPN 1000

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
To me, Parkins is better suited to the national broadcasts. The couple times I've heard him, he was great, partly because he focused strictly on sports (and maybe some gambling).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:48 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
To me, Parkins is better suited to the national broadcasts. The couple times I've heard him, he was great, partly because he focused strictly on sports (and maybe some gambling).

I was giving the afternoon show some airplay on my drives back and forth to Wisconsin. A few weeks back I tuned in at 2:00 excited to hear some Cubs/baseball talk because both teams are in first and hoping for some Bears updates. They opened the show with mask and Covid talk and other quasi political stuff. Went on for the entire opening segment. Click.

I am a stick to sports guy. But I enjoy occasional guy talk- fishing, drinking, gambling, food, music, etc. But for social issues we have so many other outlets set up to beat the horse dead, I don’t need it from sports talk goofs.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:55 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
Jbi11s wrote:

Its too bad the ones from his original local show aren't up anymore. That was a great show. They pranked Mac once.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:28 am 

I like Parkins' work.

I find his social public positions laughable as he has never done anything in his life to make me think he cares as deeply as he professes.

A guy's gotta feed his family.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Good points all around and love hearing other thoughts minus making fun of his wife face, that is just mean and being a jerk imo.

I think another out of town host to pair him with would be the best idea. For the love of God no spiegs, Goff, etc.

I agree with those saying callers, but no callers.

Back in his prime Bernstein was great with Bob callers. It was radio Gold.

But I agree, I think Parkins is more of a solo host. I wish him well for I think he is a good person, just the show is not for me.

Unless something big happens, I honestly think 2020 I will have listened to maybe 8 hours of Score sports radio. I forgot to turn it on after the Bears game(RIP Doug) that was my favorite.

To be fair to the Score all local and regional sports kinda sucks rights now.

Barstool has grown, but Big Cat becoing a little predictable in his shtick.

Outkick is just more politics, but on the right.

Maybe give Dan Patrick a try?

Still say nothing ever beat Chicago radio sports fun that B&B in the early 2000's. They should just play old shows of that, rating would triple!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Jbi11s wrote:

And he's probably more liberal than Parkins but is (usually) able to express it in an entertaining way and not in an overwrought lecture off a high horse.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:06 pm 

Agreed.

Plus he has a cohost, and a whole group of producers who do their best to pull him back when he starts wading into the deep end.

Dan’s not even the best part of his show IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:17 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Its too bad the ones from his original local show aren't up anymore. That was a great show. They pranked Mac once.

I wonder if they are on YouTube somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
Jbi11s wrote:
I wonder if they are on YouTube somewhere.

The Lebron coming to Miami episode is on there. Here is how the show opened. It was like nobody from ESPN ever bothered to see what they were doing.

https://youtu.be/xZr2qOXQJ4w