It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
City of Fools wrote:
my worry is Parkins/Bernsie would be McKnight/Bernsie all over again.

But man, if those two would freely voice their opinions, it would be a good fight a few days a week.

Parkins is much more confident and cocky compared to McKnight. Parkins would not become a Bernstein clone.

But after listening to Parkins and Spiegel these past couple days, there is no reason to break them up. That was becoming a great show when they were broken up and they have quickly found their chemistry again. The Score needs to find the right partner for Bernstein to make two excellent shows. Then you can just ignore Holmes and the morning show.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
The right partner for Bernstein is Stugotz, but he's not coming. And Stugotz-like characters have been snuffed out by corporate radio.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Anyone comparing McKnight and Parkins is retarded.

Bernstein is best solo in his current personality which is essentially a company man.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
The right partner for Bernstein is Stugotz, but he's not coming. And Stugotz-like characters have been snuffed out by corporate radio.

That would be glorious. He would drive Dan up a wall.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Rahimi has good sports thoughts but sounds like Maggie Hendricks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:02 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Rahimi has good sports thoughts .

Really? What is her strong suit?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Crick Ramp wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

It's not her sports thoughts. She done have some qualities though, but I wouldn't want to labeled a sexist pig.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:23 am 

It needs to be Parkins and Spiegel only today. Talking about the end of this Cubs era, the end of the Sox season, and a Bears loss are some big topics. The three person show with Rahimi has sounded crowded.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:02 pm 

BD wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

It's not her sports thoughts. She done have some qualities though, but I wouldn't want to labeled a sexist pig.

I mean, she’s a pretty face to be sure. But that’s not what I’m looking for when playing sports radio. Shae peppler is at least twice as hot as her and I still couldn’t listen to her.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:26 pm 

The few segments I heard with Mark Carmen over the last few days have been good. A Gen Xer who knows his local sports, has some good stories to tell about covering sports, is funny and a little silly, and is confident and blunt with Parkins is a good pairing. They had good chemistry considering the short amount of time they have been working together. If Parkins isn't going to be paired with Spiegel, I'd be interested in a Parkins and Carmen show.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:28 pm 

I heard some of the show with Carmen, where is this dude from?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:30 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Ex-WGN, and a stint on 87.7 before that.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:33 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Chicago’s very own, I believe.

I thought he was alright.

Parkins has definitely gotten worse over the last 12 months or so. Thought he was a breathe of fresh air for awhile but now I just turn it instantly unless it’s him and Spiegel. I’ve checked out the tryouts just cuz I’m curious but no new pairing moved me much.

Oh well

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
It is Carman and he also worked in KC on KCSP where Parkins worked.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:05 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Carman was the one who knew 87.7 was getting nuked but didn't tell Finfer, right?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:28 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Curious Hair wrote:
Carman was the one who knew 87.7 was getting nuked but didn't tell Finfer, right?

I think that was Alex Quigley

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Crick Ramp wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Parkins has definitely gotten worse over the last 12 months or so. Thought he was a breathe of fresh air for awhile but now I just turn it instantly unless it’s him and Spiegel. I’ve checked out the tryouts just cuz I’m curious but no new pairing moved me much.

Oh well

Didn't Mac start by calling him the "franchise", turns out Mac was the radio version of Ryan Pace.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:07 am 

LaRue wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I think that was Alex Quigley

Correct.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
DAC wrote:
The few segments I heard with Mark Carmen over the last few days have been good. A Gen Xer who knows his local sports, has some good stories to tell about covering sports, is funny and a little silly, and is confident and blunt with Parkins is a good pairing. They had good chemistry considering the short amount of time they have been working together. If Parkins isn't going to be paired with Spiegel, I'd be interested in a Parkins and Carmen show.

Carmen was also McKnight's partner when they worked at 87.7 The Game.

I think it would be amusing if they went with either Carmen and Speigel, Carmen and Ramie Makhlouf, or Speigel and Makhlouf.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:34 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Oh well

Didn't Mac start by calling him the "franchise", turns out Mac was the radio version of Ryan Pace.

That is true.

Danny brought some good mojo upon landing though. I loved how he ruffled feathers and made others uncomfortable with Can’t Do It.

Now, he more or less sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Caught a little bit today.

Heard Grote saying that he was a little offended that he hadn't been a part of the tryouts until today. That he kind of had to beg for a shot. Especially since they have been bringing in outsiders for these tryouts. Then he made a funny joke saying "We all know Spiegel is gonna get it anyway."

Ostrowski is offended, obviously. It is a slap in the face to him as well. Unless I missed one, but I don't think he's gotten to be a part of these tryouts. And his ass has been there for a couple of decades I think. He produced the North show way back when.

Last edited by Beardown on Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:51 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Caught a little bit today.

Heard Grote saying that he was a little offended that he hadn't been a part of the tryouts until today. That he kind of had to beg for a shot. Especially since they have been bringing in outsiders for these tryouts. Then he made a funny joke saying "We all know Spiegel is gonna get it anyway."

Ostrowski should probably be offended as well. It is a slap in the face to him as well. Unless I missed one. But I don't think he's gotten to be a part of these tryouts.

You know as well as anyone that Grote isn’t a prime time player.

I think Joe O could be compelling in the 12-2 slot. But Larry ain’t going anywhere.

Beardown, who would you pair with Parkins?

Better yet, what would your daily lineup look like if you could program the station?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

1. They should move Bernstein back to afternoons. Keep him solo. He doesn't need a partner. If he had one, they would just follow his lead and nod their heads to everything he says. What's the point of that? Because he's well spoken, smart and everybody doesn't want to go against him out of fear that they think Bernstein will think they're dumb and treat them like a caller.

2. Parkins and Spiegel should be the 9-12 show.

3. Larry sucks. But like you said, he's not going anywhere until they fire Mitch Rosen. Rosen likes him for some reason. Actually, the reason is Larry kisses Mitch's ass. Rosen likes that.

4. I agree with you about Grote, he's not a prime time player. Same with Joe. It's still an insult to them that they couldn't be a part of a tryout when they have been bringing in non SCORE people.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

I also don't like Mully and Haugh. I find them to do a very generic sports show. Very safe. Mixed in with very bad jokes. Which they both laugh at. Mully laughs at his own bad jokes more than anybody who is known for telling bad jokes. Haugh is good at bad jokes as well.

I also hate Mully's fake "Jolly Irish guy" act. It's annoying. And phony.

I also understand that they do good numbers. So people like this shit. They won't go anywhere for a while.

I'm a Howard Stern guy. I flip to M&H every now and then. So I don't really care about the morning show.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

But if they are hell-bent on giving Berntstein a partner, I would say Leila. I like her. Like I've said, she's a pleasant lady. She has above average intelligence. She can take a joke. She doesn't hate the white male population like Julie. Nor does she feel the need to talk about social issues on a sports show. She just wants to do the sports and have some fun. Cuz that's kind of the job. Julie hates women like this.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:46 pm 

Beardown wrote:
I also don't like Mully and Haugh. I find them to do a very generic sports show. Very safe. Mixed in with very bad jokes. Which they both laugh at. Mully laughs at his own bad jokes more than anybody who is known for telling bad jokes. Haugh is good at bad jokes as well.

In my humble opinion, Mully has the least talent of anyone on the station. I’d rather listen to Hamp & Holmes circa 2009 than the current morning show. And I fully recognize that what I’m about to say is totally meaningless in the grand scheme of things in 2020...but the way they just scrapped the 5@5 segment for the new dog shit “pick 6” is unforgivable. It was the main highlight of the show. And they got rid of it. Dumb.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:50 pm 

If I was still listening more than the two weekday afternoons a month I'm in Chicago these days, I'd like to see Grote get a once a week slot as the third guy with Spiegel and Parkins, and be the principal sub for both of them.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Crick Ramp wrote:
Beardown wrote:

In my humble opinion, Mully has the least talent of anyone on the station. I’d rather listen to Hamp & Holmes circa 2009 than the current morning show. And I fully recognize that what I’m about to say is totally meaningless in the grand scheme of things in 2020...but the way they just scrapped the 5@5 segment for the new dog shit “pick 6” is unforgivable. It was the main highlight of the show. And they got rid of it. Dumb.

Yeah. I'll agree with that. Mully being the worst at the station. I'll even put Larry ahead of him.

I think Mully is just so damn tired every fucking day. That he screams and yells nonsense just to keep himself awake. I literally believe that. He does his bullshit act just to keep from falling asleep. Especially when they were starting at 5am. Now at least he doesn't have to drive to work and they start at 6am.

Yeah, both Mully and Haugh just kind of say the common sense things that you say when discussing fucking sports. Then they just constantly repeat the same thoughts throughout the show. And throughout the week. They get through the fucking 3 hours and they both probably crash after that.

I mean they have to watch the SOX and Cubs until at least 10:30 mosts nights. Then if the Bears play a night game, that's until 11pm sometimes. When they were driving to the studio, that meant that these guys probably have to get up at 330am to get ready and make the drive to the studio. I think Mully lives in the south suburbs. I know Haugh lives in NW Indiana.

What is Mully? Gotta be mid 50s at least.

The SCORE should get a couple of young guys to do the morning show. When I say young, I'm saying 30s or early 40s Somebody with a little more ability to recover and have some energy. Not be like a zombie like Mully.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

Most people say "and um..." That's annoying for a pro broadcaster. Mully makes it worse.

Mully says "and dum..." to make a statement. It annoys me.

Mully: And dum, I think Larrusa is a bad hire. I think drunk driving is bad.

Mully: And dum, I think the Bears need to improve their offense.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:27 pm 

Haugh is on Twitter til like 11pm or later most nights. He must take his caffeine intravenously

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next