Crick Ramp wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
He's not far left.

What is he

My guess is that he's closest to what used to be called a Rockefeller republican.

Amazing insight.

Do you care to elaborate

Somewhat socially liberal but likes to think that he's fiscally responsible. Middle of the road, but no use for the trumps and the most fervent of their supporters.

Reasonable.

I didn’t mean just provide a generic definition of your obscure term. I can google.

What has Parkins said or not said that makes you believe he’s anything but a liberal. What traditional or contemporary rebulican values do you feel he aligns himself with? Cuz I don’t see it

I don't think he aligns himself with "contemporary" republican values at all. Everything else seems to be decidedly centrist. And given his background I just don't see him as a liberal per se.

Not that that's a criticism of him, just an observation.

Post subject: Re: Parkins and Herron
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:09 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
I don’t mean to go on and on here but you have yet to give a specific example of something he’s said to back your opinion. Do you listen to his show much?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:23 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:
I don’t mean to go on and on here but you have yet to give a specific example of something he’s said to back your opinion. Do you listen to his show much?

I only listen to the station when I'm in the car. Which has been decidedly less this year. Frankly, much of it has been forgettable. Pleasant, but largely forgettable.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Herron is a nice contrast from most of the rest of the station, he comes across as a genuinely good guy who enjoys life and isn't looking for hourly hot takes.

and he's a guy who obviously loves sports

Parkins tried talking to him about his tv watching preferences and couldn't believe Herron didn't subscribe every one show platform

I want to like Parkins, but it seems that at every turn he reminds the listener that he is a silver spoon recipient hellbent on enjoying sports primarily because of the gambling.

Yeah, I haven’t really been into gambling on sports for a long time so have never gotten that aspect of sports radio. I don’t begrudge people fir being into it but it’s a ptfb moment up there with fantasy football segments for me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:45 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Herron is a nice contrast from most of the rest of the station, he comes across as a genuinely good guy who enjoys life and isn't looking for hourly hot takes.

and he's a guy who obviously loves sports

Parkins tried talking to him about his tv watching preferences and couldn't believe Herron didn't subscribe every one show platform

I want to like Parkins, but it seems that at every turn he reminds the listener that he is a silver spoon recipient hellbent on enjoying sports primarily because of the gambling.

Yeah, I haven’t really been into gambling on sports for a long time so have never gotten that aspect of sports radio. I don’t begrudge people fir being into it but it’s a ptfb moment up there with fantasy football segments for me.

Same here. If someone clearly loves it, I can listen along for awhile. But there are limits.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:46 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Remember the map of Democratic donors and how the North Shore was overwhelmingly donating money to Pete Buttigieg? Does that help?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I am overly honest on all points and never take shot at posters even if they go after me which is fine. Its a freakin message board.

A hilarious one at that at times. Sometimes a little cruel to some, but most the time good fun, kinda like how the Score used to be.

Yes, Danny Parkins is far left. Yes, I am a moderate dem/liberal. I will vote for Joe Biden. I stand up for the moderate libs out there for there are still alot of us out there.

Just like there are a lot of Republicans who are not Trumpers. They are called never Trumpers, but they are not batsh#t crazy like the Trump wing.
Biden will win, thats just a fact. You can say the polls, but they were closer to correct in 2016/against Hillary/he only won some battleground states by very little and Trumps mismanagement on Covid will cost him.

All that said I am not far left into Defund the Police, everything is racist, while I support gay/lesbian rights we have added a thousand letters to the alphabet people, I am a Stern 80s type of dem. Also, most dems don't complain or ruminate the way the score people and Parkins do on issues. Its annoying.

I have not listened in a long time, only a few times here and there. I posted something when Mac was fired how I did podcast to see what Parkins had to say.
Talked about Trans rights and watching The Chi? Stop trying so hard.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Curious Hair wrote:
Remember the map of Democratic donors and how the North Shore was overwhelmingly donating money to Pete Buttigieg? Does that help?

Does the donor map where you live match your beliefs? Is that how political beliefs work?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:07 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
cookie23 wrote:
I have not listened in a long time, only a few times here and there. I posted something when Mac was fired how I did podcast to see what Parkins had to say.
Talked about Trans rights and watching The Chi? Stop trying so hard.

An excellent one line summation of Parkins.