It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

For her Adam Schefter column. Spent 15 minutes on it. The open to the 3pm hour.

Good for him. She was dumb and it’s nice to know that her ex co workers feels comfortable calling her stupid. Granted, he wouldn’t have done it if she still worked at the Score. But I think it’s still ok to call women stupid when they are stupid. And it doesn’t mean you hate women if you do it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
This incident with Schefter has been the triggering event where nobody feels that they have to be polite to her anymore. He is a made man: he works his ass off, he has a sense of humor (pre COVID he would go on DLB and for an entire segment take calls only about the NBA, about which he was a knowledgable fan) and by any account he is a family man.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Yeah this was the absolute wrong battle for her to try and fight.

Schefter is on that Woj/Shams level of respect.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:19 pm 

Correct Chet, he's a qualified guy who can be self deprecating and insightful. Things July is completely incapable of.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
This incident with Schefter has been the triggering event where nobody feels that they have to be polite to her anymore. He is a made man: he works his ass off, he has a sense of humor (pre COVID he would go on DLB and for an entire segment take calls only about the NBA, about which he was a knowledgable fan) and by any account he is a family man.

Yeah. That's true. I tried to make note of that in my post.

This is an easy one. We were on her long before the SCORE boys felt safe about going public about her insanity, hate and stupidity.

You're right, guys like Jay Zawaski will always be "She's a girl, we should be nice to her just because she's a girl." Fuck that.

I've always said this to women that claim they want equality. You get shit when you're in the public eye. When you say stupid shit, you'll get called out just like the guys. So that is being equal. If I'm a women, I don't want everybody saying "Be nice to the girls, just because they're girls". That's what Julie seems to want. I would find that patronizing and the exact opposite of equality.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:09 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Just listened (fist time listing to anything on the Score since Mac was fired). He lit her up!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Wonder if it's a ploy by Parkins to get Julie's many detractors back who also jumped the Score's sinking ship coinciding with it's severe turn left. It's a must listen on podcast. A rarity with Parkins.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:33 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:
Wonder if it's a ploy by Parkins to get Julie's many detractors back who also jumped the Score's sinking ship coinciding with it's severe turn left. It's a must listen on podcast. A rarity with Parkins.

No. You give her too much credit. She wasn't much at the SCORE. Nobody left because of her. The dayparts are all that matter at the SCORE. Nights and weekends are given to producers and people like Julie. They just gotta kill time and break even with the advertisers in those slots. So the host gets 80 bucks. Producers gets 40 each. And the SCORE tries to get $130 out of ads. I guess it's a loss when you consider the rent, electricity, water bill, janitors and other expenses.

But that's why Shepkoski, Goff and Drinky have gotten these shifts through the years. They're happy to take them for nothing thinking they'll be big stars one day. Their bosses are always thinking "Cheap hosts".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
She never deserved to be ripped more than for this column, what a pile of shit. She's so full of hatred and hostility that she will find any way possible to tear into someone, even if it is some innocuous joke on twitter from a person regarded as hard working and well liked. She's everything that is currently wrong with the media and society in general.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Parkins lost me when he mispronounced vacuous and he’s also full of shit complaining about how we can’t be constantly outraged and we need civil discourse and bemoan 20 year sentences for jaywalking when he fully partakes of doing the same thing. Anyone want to replay his shows talking about teams playing football DURING COVID ????

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:43 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Parkins lost me when he mispronounced vacuous and he’s also full of shit complaining about how we can’t be constantly outraged and we need civil discourse and bemoan 20 year sentences for jaywalking when he fully partakes of doing the same thing. Anyone want to replay his shows talking about teams playing football DURING COVID ????

Frontier gibberish. Are you ok?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
For sure Rogue, (paraphrasing Parkins), “Is it any shock that NCAA football is still being played in red states?”

And my issue is that his implication is that playing football is wrong, and that only stupid Southerners are doing it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
He ripped the piece and yeah her but didn’t beat her down personally so much.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:51 pm 

pittmike wrote:

Ripping her personally would have demeaned what he had to say. Well done Parkins. I take back 1/16th of the negative things I have said about you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
pittmike wrote:
He didn't need to. Everyone knows what he meant, and instead of stooping to her level and name-calling like she did he took the high road. Great job by Danny.

Also I had no idea that Schefter married a 9/11 Widow and help raise the child that was left fatherless. And this Ccunt calls him mediocre?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
pittmike wrote:
He didn't need to. Everyone knows what he meant, and instead of stooping to her level and name-calling like she did he took the high road. Great job by Danny.

Also I had no idea that Schefter married a 9/11 Widow and help raise the child that was left fatherless. And this Ccunt calls him mediocre?

Yeah. I agree. Shefter is probably as liberal as they come. Julie didn't research that. He just made a fucking joke. About the stupidity of sports compared to real shit. Actually, the joke was self deprecating. He was basically saying how insignificant his job was. She didn't get that. Then again, you wouldn't expect Julie to get it. She's always the dumb one in the room. Only she never realizes it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Guys, Parkins is one step below Julie when it comes to ruining sports with this BS. Fuck them both!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:21 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
Guys, Parkins is one step below Julie when it comes to ruining sports with this BS. Fuck them both!

100% correct .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
badrogue17 wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

100% correct .
Danny can still be nearly insufferable with Covid and politics in sports and be 100% on The Mark with regards to this worthless big red column.

Rogue, I'm convinced you could get a perfect blowjob from a 10/10 and still find something to bbitch and complain about it.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:27 pm 

IMO Parkins was spot on.

I haven’t listened to anything on 670 in more than 4 years tho.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Was Parkins one of the guys that shaded McNeil post AVN joke?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
He’s too stupid to realize that the school of thought that spawned that column hates him too. And no matter how many times he talks about reparations, they will happily sacrifice him as soon as they can. He tossed his own partner under the bus for a bad joke. He proclaimed how much he hated it as he did so. This is far too late.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosatis
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
He’s too stupid to realize that the school of thought that spawned that column hates him too. And no matter how many times he talks about reparations, they will happily sacrifice him as soon as they can. He tossed his own partner under the bus for a bad joke. He proclaimed how much he hated it as he did so. This is far too late.

Personally, I disagree. Parkins said what he had to say regarding Mac's departure. I'm almost positive he ended his initial monologue with something to the effect of I would like to say more about this but I can't. I think in the last week or two, he was with Herron and they talked generally about directives from management that had to be followed on air.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

I agree. Mac’s joke wasn’t evil either. Danny is in a tough spot with that, though. So I get it. At the end of the day, he wants his cool job. So he can’t say the score was wrong with Mac. Easy to do it with Julie. She’s no longer a co worker.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
badrogue17 wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

100% correct .

How so.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Crick Ramp wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

100% correct .

How so.

Same worldview, more credible delivery?

Idk, I gave up on the guy long before he apparently went political.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:07 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

100% correct .
Danny can still be nearly insufferable with Covid and politics in sports and be 100% on The Mark with regards to this worthless big red column.

Rogue, I'm convinced you could get a perfect blowjob from a 10/10 and still find something to bbitch and complain about it.

The reason why morons like Julie feel empowered to write those kind of columns are because by and large guys like Parkins have enabled her to. If she had written that about Clay Travis he wouldnt be whining about " civil discourse" and lamenting how everything in society immediately goes to 11 on the outrage level. He'd be cheering it on right alongside her. As the follow up posters have stated, I dont remember his indignation over how his radio daddy and partner was given the exact same treatment by the mob because a) he was afraid to be seen defending him lest he be next and b) he in part agreed with it on some level based on how he's reacted in the past. So forgive me for not throwing bouquet's at him for finally one time taking her to task ( hours and hours after seeing it was safe to do so ) when she's been writing hit pieces like that for since he's been in town.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:18 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

100% correct .

How so.

Same worldview, more credible delivery?

Idk, I gave up on the guy long before he apparently went political.

I don’t see the same world view parallel.

Some overlap? Sure. But I think there are some critical differences

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:20 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

100% correct .

The reason why morons like Julie feel empowered to write those kind of columns are because by and large guys like Parkins have enabled her to. If she had written that about Clay Travis he wouldnt be whining about " civil discourse" and lamenting how everything in society immediately goes to 11 on the outrage level. He'd be cheering it on right alongside her. As the follow up posters have stated, I dont remember his indignation over how his radio daddy and partner was given the exact same treatment by the mob because a) he was afraid to be seen defending him lest he be next and b) he in part agreed with it on some level based on how he's reacted in the past. So forgive me for not throwing bouquet's at him for finally one time taking her to task ( hours and hours after seeing it was safe to do so ) when she's been writing hit pieces like that for since he's been in town.

She’s written hit pieces just like that? About people like that, over “infractions” like that ?

Can you cite other examples