It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: When will Mac Talk?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
I saw the tweet, but nothing in depth, etc. It was an unfair, unjust firing and I believe in the current climate presented a chance for the score to get rid of more salary. Has he said anything to anyone? Facebook?

Post subject: Re: When will Mac Talk?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
I’ve wondered this many times myself.

I was a huge fan of Mac, but grew irritated by him upon his most recent return.

But the way he was ousted, and the way Parkins drove over him, reversed, and drove over him again I honestly just feel bad for the son of a bitch. He deserved better.

I know I’m preaching to the converted, but that was not a fireable offense. Even if the company wanted to save face, there were alternative routes of “discipline” that didn’t have to involve immediate termination.

In any event, he got a raw deal and it’s part of the reason I pretty much say fuck Parkins these days.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Crick Ramp wrote:

But the way he was ousted, and the way Parkins drove over him, reversed, and drove over him again I honestly just feel bad for the son of a patriot. He deserved better.

I know I’m preaching to the converted, but that was not a fireable offense. Even if the company wanted to save face, there were alternative routes of “discipline” that didn’t have to involve immediate termination.

In any event, he got a raw deal and it’s part of the reason I pretty much say fuck Parkins these days.

The same Parkins that was outraged by Julie’s article trying to cancel Adam Shefter over a joke correct ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:14 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

But the way he was ousted, and the way Parkins drove over him, reversed, and drove over him again I honestly just feel bad for the son of a patriot. He deserved better.

The same Parkins that was outraged by Julie’s article trying to cancel Adam Shefter over a joke correct ?

I do believe they are one in the same, sir

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Gone fishing. The sign out front should have told you, folks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Crick Ramp wrote:
I agree with your statement that it wasn't a fireable offense on the surface. If I'm playing devils advocate, however, given his history it is possible that he had been given a "one strike and your out" deal. It's also possible he received a severance which required him to keep his yap shut.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:55 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
I agree with your statement that it wasn't a fireable offense on the surface. If I'm playing devils advocate, however, given his history it is possible that he had been given a "one strike and your out" deal. It's also possible he received a severance which required him to keep his yap shut.

All is possible.

Hopefully the latter is true and he can be happily ever after too some degree and won’t need to move metal anytime soon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Listened to Parkins, Lela, and Speigel for a a few minutes talking Bears football today. Not one of the three should be in that position the day after a Bears game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:39 pm 

And I assume they all know as much which is why they had an “expert” of various kinds on each hour.

Leihla or however the fuck she spells it was like a ketchup stain on the chemistry that S/P usually have.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Listened to 30 mins of Kap/Hood and got plenty of good old fashioned Bears angst with plenty of (gasp) callers. No reason to waste time on the current low energy WSCR afternoon show.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:13 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
Listened to 30 mins of Kap/Hood and got plenty of good old fashioned Bears angst with plenty of (gasp) callers. No reason to waste time on the current low energy WSCR afternoon show.

Best show in town by a wide margin. Kap and Hood that is

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
i was bored and listened to Les overnight. He had real good Bears callers complaining. It felt like the old score a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

If he talks, his first statement should be to this board.

Yeah. He got screwed. But I think he's gonna get paid for his 1.5 year deal that he signed. So he's OK. He knew that would be the end anyway.

He's probably not allowed to talk as they figure out his money with the lawyers. Don't want to screw that up. I get that. But I would imagine he gets most of it.

Most people lose in the radio game. Dan McNeil won. So you gotta give it to him. How many people were able to say they got fired 3 times by the same radio station. That's tough to do. Has to be a record. And then he got fired once by the other sports talker.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:37 pm 

you can tell how fucked the score is by how many ads they run. its like 5 min of listening and then 10 min of commercials and it loops like that all day. its dreadful to listen to. i think CBS knows nobody is listening. especially when EVERY CHICAGO TEAM IS DOGSHIT

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Have always found that the type of commercials run reflect the state of the station. Remember when they ran Heavenly Bodies and Scots Pet Shop ads constantly in the early days when the ratings were stagnant and more car dealership spots when numbers were better (evidently older white guys still buy cars). It seems today they run ads for betting sites and charity spots live and an odd combination of stuff when you first fire up the podcast, even heard a Sally Beauty supply spot on the podcast once which seemed a waste of time considering the stations listener profile.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:12 am 

He's talking to us at the other board.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Crick Ramp wrote:

When did Parkins drive over him?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Clawmaster wrote:

That sounds awful.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Parkins could of been a man and said the truth. What Mac said was idiotic, and disrespectful. It warranted a suspension, but not a firing. Mac was a good man who screwed up. Went to bat for him. No, he took the easy, pc option. Then did his drama queen, I'm offended act for an hour blubbering. If only Speigel was there to join in.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:21 am 

DAC wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

The day Mac’s firing was announced, when Parkins first hit the air. I don’t have quotes handy as the podcast from that segment was pulled, but the gist is that Parkins—in my opinion—sold Mac out and didn’t show a shred of loyalty to his supposed “radio father.”

Parkins took it as an opportunity to show how “virtuous” he was.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Crick Ramp wrote:
DAC wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

The day Mac’s firing was announced, when Parkins first hit the air. I don’t have quotes handy as the podcast from that segment was pulled, but the gist is that Parkins—in my opinion—sold Mac out and didn’t show a shred of loyalty to his supposed “radio father.”

what could Parkins have done? If he defended Mac he would be be labelled a racist and risk losing his job. he was smart to tow the company line.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:29 am 

Crick Ramp wrote:
DAC wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

I think he showed some loyalty. I thought the problem was that he said something along the lines of "sometimes people we love do things that we hate", as if Mac's post were some dispicable crime

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: New Mexico has no good pizza. Send help.
good dolphin wrote:
He's talking to us at the other board.

Where is this other board, if you please?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:43 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
DAC wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

I think he showed some loyalty. I thought the problem was that he said something along the lines of "sometimes people we love do things that we hate", as if Mac's post were some dispicable crime

He vociferously defended someone he doesnt know 100x harder than he did his radio partner . Of course going to bat for Shefter was the easy move after seeing that everyone else was panning that article. I dont remember him going on a 15 minute rant about cancel culture, how people need to be able to take a joke , about the state of discourse in the country after his radio partner got fired for the exact same thing .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
DAC wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

He vociferously defended someone he doesnt know 100x harder than he did his radio partner . Of course going to bat for Shefter was the easy move after seeing that everyone else was panning that article. I dont remember him going on a 15 minute rant about cancel culture, how people need to be able to take a joke , about the state of discourse in the country after his radio partner got fired for the exact same thing .

He was able to read the room.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:25 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
DAC wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

I've been paying attention minimal, as opposed to not at all previously, and haven't seen anyone else sporting the bare shoulders, all leather look of Taylor. I wonder how many of the sideline ladies quietly agreed with Mac's sentiments.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:38 am 

good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
DAC wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

I've been paying attention minimal, as opposed to not at all previously, and haven't seen anyone else sporting the bare shoulders, all leather look of Taylor. I wonder how many of the sideline ladies quietly agreed with Mac's sentiments.

But their thoughts don’t validate the comment.

The whole situation was just stupid and overblown.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:49 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

We need to be treating women equally in the workplace unless it comes to making jokes. Boers can tell Zaidman on the number 1 sports radio show on a 50,000 watt radio station that he wasnt born with the gift of face. Does he tell Peggy Kusinski that ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:56 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
DAC wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

My thing is Parkins framed the whole thing in a way that would result in him, meaning Parkins, coming out the other end looking like the guy “on the right side of history.”

That was clearly Parkins goal. To look like he was getting it right.

Imagine if Mac had made that comment at score house, every dude in that room would have laughed and possibly added on to the joke. I understand that doesn’t make it a good idea to Tweet out publicly, but like you said, the idea that what Mac said was worth “hating” was completely disingenuous by Parkins and Parkins knows that.

He acted like he was in self-preservation mode but he didn’t need to be.

Oh well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
badrogue17 wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

We need to be treating women equally in the workplace unless it comes to making jokes. Boers can tell Zaidman on the number 1 sports radio show on a 50,000 watt radio station that he wasnt born with the gift of face. Does he tell Peggy Kusinski that ?

Well personally I never saw anyone mock Craig Sager's sideline outfits.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next