It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

Parkins could have gotten a house in Chicago like Bernstein.

I know the neighborhood where Bernstein lives. Because he's often said it's close to the WGN TV studios. My Dad grew up in that neighborhood. He went to Lane Tech. And my grandfather lived in that same house until he died. So we visited often when I was a kid. It wasn't a bad neighborhood and as a kid I didn't see many brown people. I used to sell my little league candy bars door to door around that area. Mostly white people. A couple of mexicans. I don't recall any black people.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:52 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
i thought i've heard him say he lives in lincoln park.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
BigW72 wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Have you guys seen home prices in Deerfield and Winnetka? :shock:

I haven't looked in the North Shore, but my neighborhood has had homes sell for numbers that I cannot even fathom. Ran into my real estate agent friend who worked with when we moved 2 years ago....she said supply of homes for sale (standard sale which excludes foreclosures) is incredibly tight....hence homes selling for much higher money. My house late this year would have sold for 20% higher than what I paid 2 years ago. :shock:

Until the mortgage forbearance ends you can forget about getting a deal on a house. The whole economy is being government run. Fun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:01 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Beardown wrote:
Parkins could have gotten a house in Chicago like Bernstein.

I know the neighborhood where Bernstein lives. Because he's often said it's close to the WGN TV studios. My Dad grew up in that neighborhood. He went to Lane Tech. And my grandfather lived in that same house until he died. So we visited often when I was a kid. It wasn't a bad neighborhood and as a kid I didn't see many brown people. I used to sell my little league candy bars door to door around that area. Mostly white people. A couple of mexicans. I don't recall any black people.

The neighborhood that Berns lives in is a newer development. all new townhouses.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
A few things.

I have not listened to the show in months so no idea if this is real.

If so, I agree why would a young kid in 30s with infant leave now. No reason to. Parkins seems like the "follow the crowd" for brunch, get some craft beer, basically boring city dweller.

In 2021 who brags about living in Chicago? The city has been on a decline for decades. While some parts of downtown and west/north side have improved, go to other cities.

For coolness factor you have NYC>>>LA>>>>>>San Fran>>>>>Miami>>>>>then maybe Chicago/Boston of the big cities.

In regards to suburbia I assume he has generational money in family being in radio so I am sure he will be taken care. Suburban living is fine except the 2% or higher property taxes that are Tops or 2nd to tops in the country.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:24 am 

pizza_Place: chicago pizza
cookie23 wrote:
In 2021 who brags about living in Chicago? The city has been on a decline for decades. While some parts of downtown and west/north side have improved, go to other cities.

For coolness factor you have NYC>>>LA>>>>>>San Fran>>>>>Miami>>>>>then maybe Chicago/Boston of the big cities.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
LA is way behind NYC, Miami, and SF. Now granted many people love the weather and beaches, but the actual city is subpar. The downtown though has been boosted in recent years by new housing (condos) and a much improved restaurant scene.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
denisdman wrote:
LA is way behind NYC, Miami, and SF. Now granted many people love the weather and beaches, but the actual city is subpar. The downtown though has been boosted in recent years by new housing (condos) and a much improved restaurant scene.

LA and San Francisco are disasters. I spent a lot of time on business trips and conferences in each prior to COVID. Literally third world country conditions. As soon as dusk hits you are stepping over people passed out on the sidewalks. Both smell like outhouses. I really like LA and think it gets a bad reputation in other areas. But it’s scary how bad it has gotten. California is a disaster right now.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:53 am 

SF is a pretty unique city. I came to love it. You are referring to the homeless problem, which is a major problem in California. It is tough to have affordable housing when the environmental and zoning laws are such that nothing can get built.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
My family all went to Anaheim from Pasadena area recent years. LA has it spots but is nothing special. Orange County IMHO much better especially services.

All is going crazy even here in suburban Pittsburgh. We bought/closed on a house in the burbs just befor the COVID shutdown for $X. Next door neighbor went up for sale start of Jan and in a week already under contract for $X plus 11%.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:46 am 

I do not know about the rest of the burbs, but my neighborhood is still below the 2003/04 purchase price. I bought in 2004, houses went up and were selling about 15% higher in 2006 and then fell about 30-35%. Stuff is selling within 10% of what we paid back in 2004. Properties are moving, but it is not a hot market.

Illinois is going to struggle because of population loss. And new houses are still going up. More supply with fewer aggregate buyers. Terrible overall market. I am sure Naperville is fine though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:54 am 

Yeah I guess it makes sense IL has a glut as well. In the cases I mention topography sort of limits how many units there are. You can’t just plow over a corn or soy field seed and water and have 200 Pulte units. No offense.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Illinois and particular Chicago are just not seen as they were 30 year ago.

I enjoy the sports teams, restaurant scene when times are normal, and architecture.

When things are "normal" Chicago is a great midwestern big city with tons of fun things to do in the summer. One of the better summer cities.

That said, it is just not seen as cool? Maybe by those from Iowa or Nebraska, but people from the coasts rarely even have Chicago on its radar outside of sports teams.

I agree that San Fran and LA can be both beautiful and hideous on where you go.

But at least you can find beauty. Also majority of people leaving Illinois are not going to those cities, but TN, Texas, Florida, and many retire in Arizona.

Illinois is a cluster.....

Bad weather, high property taxes, not very desirable right now.

Not saying it couldnt change. I remember after 9/11 thinking NYC might be in trouble for a long time and by 2014 or so it was better than ever, but NYC is basically the world capital of almost everything. Not really apples to apples.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
cookie23 wrote:
A few things.

If so, I agree why would a young kid in 30s with infant leave now. No reason to.

His wife wants to move, that's why.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Peoria Matt wrote:
cookie23 wrote:
A few things.

If so, I agree why would a young kid in 30s with infant leave now. No reason to.

His wife wants to move, that's why.

Right. His wife wanted the house for more space. But he could have bought a house in the NW side of the Chicago. Where it's mostly white people. Which is what Bernstein and Parkins want despite claiming otherwise.

But I think Danny decided for the suburbs to be near his mom and dad so they can have a babysitter. Makes it easier for frat boy Danny to go out to those suburban bars and smoke his weed with no responsibility.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Tried to give it 15 mins yesterday, but after hearing them try to put a positive spin on the Bears new hire moved along to something else.

Parkins continues to be almost unlistenable and the producers weren't helping him, no reason to waste time listening to the station at this point in time because your not going to be entertained and your not gonna get any thoughts other than the ones the teams spoon feed the stations "reporters" or "experts".

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Miami needs to be moved up the list and Austin needs to be added.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Clawmaster wrote:
Tried to give it 15 mins yesterday, but after hearing them try to put a positive spin on the Bears new hire moved along to something else.

Parkins continues to be almost unlistenable and the producers weren't helping him, no reason to waste time listening to the station at this point in time because your not going to be entertained and your not gonna get any thoughts other than the ones the teams spoon feed the stations "reporters" or "experts".

Parkins, Spiegel, and their guests DO NOT regurgitate the team's talking point. If you want to simply focus on the Halas Hall reporter, fine. I can't even think of the name of that reporter off the top of my head and I am a regular listener. But Parkins, Spiegel, Kruetz, Long, and to a lesser degree Hub DO NOT just repeat what is "spoon fed" from the Bears. Parkins and Spiegel were very critical after the presser when the Bears announced they were bringing back Pace and Nagy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:28 am 

DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Parkins, Spiegel, and their guests DO NOT regurgitate the team's talking point. If you want to simply focus on the Halas Hall reporter, fine. I can't even think of the name of that reporter off the top of my head and I am a regular listener. But Parkins, Spiegel, Kruetz, Long, and to a lesser degree Hub DO NOT just repeat what is "spoon fed" from the Bears. Parkins and Spiegel were very critical after the presser when the Bears announced they were bringing back Pace and Nagy.

Now Parkins is an NFL expert...almost laughing at this post. Guess we could go back to the countless hours the hapless Parkins spent spewing, "Mitch is ready for level 2.0 of the offense", or "Nagy has created a great culture on this team".

Really easy to be critical now, but where was he a few years ago when it was readily apparent to anyone that actually knew football that Nagy was a fraud and struggled mightily as a play caller?

Then again, good luck being the charter and only member of the Danny Parkins fan club (DPFC).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:56 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Now Parkins is an NFL expert...almost laughing at this post. Guess we could go back to the countless hours the hapless Parkins spent spewing, "Mitch is ready for level 2.0 of the offense", or "Nagy has created a great culture on this team".

Really easy to be critical now, but where was he a few years ago when it was readily apparent to anyone that actually knew football that Nagy was a fraud and struggled mightily as a play caller?

Then again, good luck being the charter and only member of the Danny Parkins fan club (DPFC).

You're changing your argument. I'm not going to defend Parkins' football knowledge but I will state that your narrative of them just repeating the team's talking points is wrong. Maybe you shouldn't make opinions after only listening for 15 minutes. Or better yet, not post them for everyone to see how mistaken you are.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:56 am 

DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

You're changing your argument. I'm not going to defend Parkins' football knowledge but I will state that your narrative of them just repeating the team's talking points is wrong. Maybe you shouldn't make opinions after only listening for 15 minutes. Or better yet, not post them for everyone to see how mistaken you are.

How did the first DPFC meeting go?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:01 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Weak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Parkins is just following the trend of anyone else with his income and raising kids. They get the fuck out of the city and move tot he suburbs because city living is awful for raising a family.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:05 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Parkins is just following the trend of anyone else with his income and raising kids. They get the fuck out of the city and move tot he suburbs because city living is awful for raising a family.

Except for Bernsie. His home is the ultimate virtue signal.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
vitoscotti wrote:
Funny how the white people are evil people always end up in the burbs. He should put his money where his mouth is and move his family to the south side ghetto.

The people most supportive of BLM are the ones that are furthest away from them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:02 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

But before the riots this summer, the opposite was true.

Lakeview and Roscoe Village are full of young families raising kids. Bucktown is as well.

And home prices north of the city, were dropping before May of 2020.

Since then, housing prices are back on the rise up north.

For now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:05 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Jefferson Park, Norwood Park, Forest Glen. Lots of police and fire raising families.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:29 pm 

DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Weak

So you guys talked about weed, drank (insert trendy seltzer drink), and stayed away from the scary white people so you didn't get smacked up side the head by one of the plebeians?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:34 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
DAC wrote:

Weak

So you guys talked about weed, drank (insert trendy seltzer drink), and stayed away from the scary white people so you didn't get smacked up side the head by one of the plebeians?

What the fuck are you even talking about? Are you that troglodyte Rocco that called Les complaining about Parkins for 7 minutes?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:50 pm 

Ahhh..the lady doth protest too much, methinks...you must be friend/family/staff/etc..good luck with the show.