It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: What??
badrogue17 wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Spiegel makes everyone he works with better. Granted, Patrick Mannelly was still bad, but he could have been even worse.

Actually, I think the opposite may be true. He seems to make just about everybody he pairs with sound worse--except for Parkins.

Spiegel is socially awkward. He the kid wearing a Winger tee-shirt at a Metallica concert.

I would have been content with any of the guest hosts they brought in to pair with Parkins. What was the point of the "try outs" if you just use the same old tired act in the end?

Its funny how this retread hire is being lauded or at least accepted with general good tidings when Mac's was treated...somewhat differently .

Because they split up a good show. From my POV anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
denisdman wrote:
A Winger shirt, lol. If you gave me 1,000 guess of 80’s bands, I would not have come up with that one.

Never watched Beavis and Butthead?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:46 am 

Darkside wrote:
denisdman wrote:
A Winger shirt, lol. If you gave me 1,000 guess of 80’s bands, I would not have come up with that one.

Never watched Beavis and Butthead?

There is a friend of mine from high school that played for Winger in a substitute role a few years back.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
vitoscotti wrote:
“Matt Spiegel is one of the most versatile, smart, insightful, opinionated, entertaining hosts in the country,”
-Score PD Mitch Rosen

If this is true, then why was he sidelined? If the most recent time was to avoid blowback from also sidelining Goff, then I don't know what else to say. If my radio is still on the Score due to having the Bulls or Cubs on then I may listen, but this isn't appointment radio either.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Day after the super bowl all I listened to was Boomer and Hub interviews on podcast. Used to be sports radio heaven.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Any updates on Danny Mac?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
blackhawksfan wrote:

Other than Elmhurst Steve being wrong ( not surprisingly) about Mac making some sort of statement after the first of the year, no.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
He posted an update in December
https://www.facebook.com/dan.mcneil.75
Quote:
I want to say thank you to all who reached out to wish me well after the Score fired me in September. There have been some low days, but I am heartened and fueled by the support I get from family, friends and listeners. Thank you. Shortly after the first of the year, I'll tell you about my next project, which will be of great interest to sportsradio consumers, especially Mac fans. Be safe, enjoy what matters most this holiday season. Love you back.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
blackhawksfan wrote:
He's alive.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:15 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:

Not getting a stimulus check.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:29 pm 

probably out ice fishing somewhere

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:55 pm 

“Matt Spiegel is one of the most versatile, smart, insightful, opinionated, entertaining hosts in the country,”
-Score PD Mitch Rosen

He omits the gap where they wanted him out like he had the plague a few years ago, to now being one of the best hosts in the country.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
How soon can Mitch move Parko/Meat to mornings and replace BrainDead and Haugh? hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehahhhhhhhehehehehehehehahhhhhh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
good dolphin wrote:

When I loved lit west I was invited to go ice fishing one February morning with some people from work. Temps dropped 15 to zero and we had good snow of a foot or so the night before up where we would of gone. Went for breakfast instead, thank you Mother Nature. 20 years later and I have zero interest in ever sitting on a frozen pond, lake or River waiting for a twitch.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:50 pm 

February, Burt Lake, MI, three feet of ice, me and the ex-brother-in-law and some buddies, two bottles of Jeager and a case of Red Bull. Traditional 8AM bottle of white wine. Slaying the Northern on tip-ups while jigging' for pan fish (NOT a euphemism) in the shanties. Evening fish fries and moose roast, good times, yep, good times.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Returning to Burt Lake next summer. It's a beautiful lake.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
vitoscotti wrote:

He omits the gap where they wanted him out like he had the plague a few years ago, to now being one of the best hosts in the country.

That was a Jimmy DeCastro move.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:26 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
that'd be a good on-air name, "Burt Lake"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
It is probably the best move at this time I guess. I used to spend 6-8 hours a day listening to 670 now an hour tops.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

When I loved lit west I was invited to go ice fishing one February morning with some people from work. Temps dropped 15 to zero and we had good snow of a foot or so the night before up where we would of gone. Went for breakfast instead, thank you Mother Nature. 20 years later and I have zero interest in ever sitting on a frozen pond, lake or River waiting for a twitch.

Ice fishing sucks if you're cold. Having a shanty and a heater makes all the difference. I think I am going to go this weekend for the first time in a couple years. lol- I've got an extra jigging rod if you want to go. Going to hit up a little pond in Oak Forest. Probably catch a bunch of small blue gills. But I did catch a monster bass through the ice there once.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
GoldenJet wrote:

Burt and Mullett are world class smallmouth fisheries. You want to fish there in May and into June and then in the fall. I've heard it gets tough there in the summer. That area of Michigan is beautiful. We vacation in Elk Rapids most summers and I spend a lot of time around Traverse City. Looking to buy a summer home/ future retirement home there in a few years.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
RFDC wrote:
The station is going to have a female in the lineup. She is not great, but she is a better option than July. So we gotta be happy for small blessings.

Not really. She is awful. Brings nothing to the table but being female. There were better choices.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

I did ice fishing once. It was fun. I caught a couple of bass and some blue gill.

My buddy pulled up a 30 inch northern pike. That was kind of a thrill watching him do it. He knew it was a big one right away. He told me it's rare in ice fishing to get a northern. He had iced fished a lot. It was tough to get that bastard through that small hole. But he did it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Scooter wrote:
RFDC wrote:
The station is going to have a female in the lineup. She is not great, but she is a better option than July. So we gotta be happy for small blessings.

Not really. She is awful. Brings nothing to the table but being female. There were better choices.

She seems pleasant enough. She is just sort of empty I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
Scooter wrote:
RFDC wrote:

She's certainly better then Julie. Dan leads the show. She follows. That's always gonna be the way with a Bernstein show. With any Bernstein partner - man or women. I wouldn't call her empty. Like many with Dan, his partners or the subs, they just feel the need to nod their head or repeat what Bernstein says. They're intimidated by him.

Last edited by Beardown on Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Beardown wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Scooter wrote:
RFDC wrote:

She's certainly better then Julie. Dan leads the show. She follows. That's always gonna be the way with a Bernstein show. With any Bernstein partner. I wouldn't call her empty.

I don’t mean empty like dumb. Just meh.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

I gotcha.

And I'll give Leila a break. She's going into a radio station with all guys. It's rare for a women to have a position like this at a sports station. Not just the hosts but all of the producers are guys. It's gotta be tough to not see any women at the place you work. She did it on TV as well. But radio is different. The SCORE is especially a different place for a women.

She's feeling her way.

I think she's a smart lady with a good personality.

Like I've said, it's intimidating for any cohost to work with Bernstein. They fear disagreeing with him. Cuz they know he'll beat them down with vocabulary and logic. Logic in Dan's mind, mind you. But they don't want to step into that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:45 pm 

Listening to Hub on with P & S. Hub's a interesting guy. He doesn't side with black athletes stories just to be pc. He doesn't think Colin K should walk into a starting qb job. He doesn't think Deshaun Watson should be a GM voice in team decisions. He doesn't think blacks are selected as NFL coaches because there are simply less of them to choose from. His honest opinions. Seems in extreme conflict with guys like Bernstein and Parkins extreme liberal systemic racism views. Even Speigel implied there's tension between Parkins and Hub. Parkins tried to corner Hub with his debating skills. But, Hub's no fool and more than a capable intellectual match for Parkins. Hub frustrated Parkins that he doesn't bite, and bury himself. Once the Hub interview is over off it goes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:00 am 

DAC wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

Burt and Mullett are world class smallmouth fisheries. You want to fish there in May and into June and then in the fall. I've heard it gets tough there in the summer. That area of Michigan is beautiful. We vacation in Elk Rapids most summers and I spend a lot of time around Traverse City. Looking to buy a summer home/ future retirement home there in a few years.

Yep, I think Burt gets really deep, plus really active in the summer, driving the fish deeper into cool water.

Ice fishing can be work, drilling multiple holes in ice that thick will wear you out, even with a power drill.

I'd love to be a Yooper, maybe if I get widowed or send her packing...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:27 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
I gave it a half hearted effort with the kids...but it was end of July. Shut out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next