It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

It's gonna be Spiegel.

Unless you guys think it's gonna be an upset and somebody else gets it. I just don't see that.

Last edited by Beardown on Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
I’m rooting for it to be Spiegs.

But I feel like they’re gonna fuck this up somehow.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Didn't know they were giving him a partner, but based on the last several weeks/months, it just has to be him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Poor Spiegs, he got passed over for promotion twice despite ratings success across different partners, fired from his own time slot to make room for Danny Bernstein, and only gets brought back full time amidst a pandemic when the station is leaking cash and probably would have to take a horrible deal.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Poor Spiegs, he got passed over for promotion twice despite ratings success across different partners, fired from his own time slot to make room for Danny Bernstein, and only gets brought back full time amidst a pandemic when the station is leaking cash and probably would have to take a horrible deal.

He played the good soldier and will end up being rewarded. Good for him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

If he gets back in I wouldn't call him "Poor Spiegs". His music gigs are done with COVID. Yeah, it's probably not the money he once made at the SCORE. But with a kid and two divorces, he needs it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Zzzz.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

If Goff wouldn't have gone scorched earth at the SCORE, maybe he could have hung around as a back up and gotten back in. Spiegel was a good boy and got to stick around as a back up. Goff went on a tour ripping the SCORE and the cracker management so there was no chance of that.

Sometimes you gotta know how to play the game. Goff decided to burn the bridge.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
BD, what was all that with Goff thinking he had good paper, but it crapped out by cracker management keeping him off the air for 30 days?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:09 pm 

pizza_Place: HomeRunInn
Olin Kruetz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
BD, what was all that with Goff thinking he had good paper, but it crapped out by cracker management keeping him off the air for 30 days?

He signed a bad deal. And he didn't know what his deal was until the 30 days expired and they explained it to him. The evil crackers got him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Maybe Goff could have gotten the Spiegel Exit Strategy had he not done stuff like telling critics of his to kiss his ass because he drives a Range Rover while a Honda dealership was paying the station for live reads from him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Beardown wrote:

If he gets back in I wouldn't call him "Poor Spiegs". His music gigs are done with COVID. Yeah, it's probably not the money he once made at the SCORE. But with a kid and two divorces, he needs it.

What do his divorces have to do with anything?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:32 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Beardown wrote:

You ever check Pacer for his alimony and child support payments?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Right. That's what I meant. I thought that was obvious.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:41 pm 

Beardown wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Beardown wrote:

You think a part-time radio host is paying alimony? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:44 pm 

You can look it up. He was not part time back in the day.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:46 pm 

denisdman wrote:
You can look it up. He was not part time back in the day.

If he is still paying he needs a new lawyer. Sounds like you looked up his divorce case. What was he making?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
Beardown wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Beardown wrote:

You think a part-time radio host is paying alimony? :lol:

He was a full time host for a few years with Parkins. I think that's when he got his last divorce. And he was full time with Mac before that. Plus his music gigs. Why do you think you don't have to pay alimony just cuz you're a part timer anyway? Courts don't care. Ex wife's lawyer doesn't care.

Last edited by Beardown on Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: She/Him
This proves parkins could not hack it solo.
I dont particularly care for him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:59 pm 

Beardown wrote:
He was a full time host for a few years with Parkins. I think that's when he got his last divorce. Plus his music gigs. Why do you think you don't have to pay alimony just cuz you're a part timer anyway? Courts don't care. Ex wife's lawyer doesn't care.

Substantial change in circumstances.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
Beardown wrote:
He was a full time host for a few years with Parkins. I think that's when he got his last divorce. Plus his music gigs. Why do you think you don't have to pay alimony just cuz you're a part timer anyway? Courts don't care. Ex wife's lawyer doesn't care.

Maybe it's less money as far as gross. But it's still the same percentage of your income I would imagine. So it's bad either way.

If you make 100k you pay a percentage. If you make 30k you also pay the same percentage. Correct me if I'm wrong all you lawyers out there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:06 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Maybe it's less money as far as gross. But it's still the same percentage of your income I would imagine. So it's bad either way.

The obligation doesn't last a lifetime. Anyway, your point was he needs the job to afford the alimony.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I like Spiegs and happy he’s found some joy in life. He truly seems to enjoy life with his wife. I enjoy his baseball thoughts most, but he is ambidextrous and a great sub with anybody.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
"Our show was rolling. Spiegel and Parkins had come so far in terms of our chemistry, and you knew it. The quality of the conversation, the unpredictability of every segment, the musicality (or honest lack thereof) in our song parodies, the evolution of ideas, the inclusion of the whole crew with Jay and Rick; the momentum was palpable to everyone."

https://mattspiegel.com/on-the-end-of-daily-radio-life-at-the-score/

I hope Spiegel gets it. If not, I'll be surprised and disappointed for Parkins.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Beardown wrote:

The obligation doesn't last a lifetime. Anyway, your point was he needs the job to afford the alimony.

Yeah. But the kid is young. So he needs to do it for a decade or so. That was my point. He needs a job for alimony and just living. I don't know why that's lost on you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:16 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Yeah. But the kid is young. So he needs to do it for a decade or so. That was my point. He needs a job for alimony and just living. I don't know why that's lost on you.

Child support is completely different from alimony. I never said anything about child support. I not going to shit up your great thread anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Beardown wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I thought his ex had a decent job. Him calling her cheeseburger or muffin or whatever wasn’t helpful but I’m confident she’s not a street walker. If he pays I’m sure he’s not trying to sell a kidney to make ends meet and the other half maybe found someone. Maybe how life works is lost on you Beardown. Buy a new blowup doll.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Child support is completely different from alimony. I never said anything about child support. I not going to shit up your great thread anymore.

Good. I don't want to hear from idiots anyway. So I'm glad you're leaving my threads.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I thought his ex had a decent job. Him calling her cheeseburger or muffin or whatever wasn’t helpful but I’m confident she’s not a street walker. If he pays I’m sure he’s not trying to sell a kidney to make ends meet and the other half maybe found someone. Maybe how life works is lost on you Beardown. Buy a new blowup doll.

The blowup doll I have is fine, thank you. I don't need a new one. I named it Marybeth, by the way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next