It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

So Spiegel and Parkins set up a Home run draft that they're gonna do at 4pm today. Just picking guys in MLB. All hosts at the station agreed to participate. Except for one...Larry. He said he's a grown ass man and he doesn't want to be told to doing something. Said he didn't think it would be fun.

What a pussy and a dick at the same time. The station is trying to do something together with all of their guys (I think producers are doing the draft too). And this little fucker won't get on board.

This probably won't take more than 20 minutes. It's not like Larry has anything to do. I'm sure most of his day consists of him trying to avoid his fake wife.

Last edited by Beardown on Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Grown ass man and self proclaimed comic book nerd don't go together. You can be one, but not both.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Just as well for everyone else. I think theyve learned the hard way that they dont want a pissed off Leery roaming the hallways eeny longer than necessary.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Just floors me why he can't just go along to get along. Just have a little fun with you teammates. No, not Larry. He's gotta stand out to make a scene. What a b.itch.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

In transition you could tell that Parkins thought this was a b.itch move as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Beardown wrote:
In transition you could tell that Parkins thought this was a b.itch move as well.

Do I need to say it or will someone else step up.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: coal fire
how can a home run draft not be fun?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Grown ass man and self proclaimed comic book nerd don't go together. You can be one, but not both.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
He did not want any part of Score House either. And then spiked the football after McDoink was fired. “See no one really cares about us. Why bother building camaraderie?”

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:40 pm 

Try to be more of a diva. There was obvious tension at transition between Larry and Parkins about the issue. It's team building, something Danny Mac used to champion. As another poster pointed out, this is just a little 20-30 minute bit , no reason to opt out unless you don't value team and believe youre above such "nonsense". At least that's the way it looks,Lar. Way to read the room.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
He should have participated. You have to do group shit at your workplace to survive even if you do not like it. when it's time for cuts, not participating in shit like this may cost him. he does not seem to have a long term outlook.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
he chastises anyone who questions why he doesnt take phone calls.... so if he doesnt want to talk to the listeners why would you expect him to want to be chummy with the co-hosts?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:00 pm 

billypootons wrote:
he chastises anyone who questions why he doesnt take phone calls.... so if he doesnt want to talk to the listeners why would you expect him to want to be chummy with the co-hosts?

ive never heard his new show - if he doesnt take calls the show must suck. Who would want to hear him talk for 4 hours straight.

His ego must be off the charts. I thought he was a ok guy but in the last year on this forum, all the information that has been revealed by Beardown - he must think he's Walter Cronkite of sports radio.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Sounds like there’s something else goin’ on there .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:09 pm 

It'll be funny when he gets sour about not being able to joke or brag about his picks. It's pound foolish on his part.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Larry is a genuine douche.

Check this non-sense out. Him waxing poetic about his contract renewal and “what it means.” Dude is a delusional clown

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/h ... 0514788160

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I just turned on the draft they are doing right now. It's actually one of the few things the station has done right in the past few years. Maybe they can start including callers in their show as well. You know, the reason the score was fun to begin with.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
blackhawksfan wrote:
I just turned on the draft they are doing right now. It's actually one of the few things the station has done right in the past few years. Maybe they can start including callers in their show as well. You know, the reason the score was fun to begin with.

Jesus Christ, yes. I miss callers.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:23 pm 

Heard about 5 min and even Les is on!

It’s nice to hear them all on one show. Sounds fun like the old score.

Big mistake fir Larry to not participate. He’s coming off as a dweeb.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Jesus Christ, yes. I miss callers.

Do people even call in to radio stations any more? It seems unlikely to me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Elmhurst Steve does.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
That was a great segment.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Shane hates screening calls. Thinks they don’t add value which is ironic because his on air contributions are less valuable than the drunkest/dumbest of callers.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

I actually watched the segment on my phone on twitch cuz I thought it might be fun.

It was fun. I enjoyed seeing the upset reactions of Leila, Bernstein and Mully when their guy was taken before their picks.

Like I said, it was nice to see all of SCORE guys and Leila get together to do this. They all seemed to be into it which made you like it more. But, you know, Larry is a grown ass man and didn't think it would be fun for him. So he refused. :roll:

Whatever that means. Larry is just a dick, despite the fact that he plays the role of a 13 year old girl on the air.

I've always said that Larry is a phony. His true colors always show up every now and then when he's not playing this fake role on the radio. Sometimes we see the real Larry. This was one of those times.

I'm sure Larry watched it. He has nothing better to do. He's probably now embarrassed that he was the only regular host that passed on doing it. But he'll never admit it.

Last edited by Beardown on Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Even the twitch chat, which is usually populated by some weird combination of video game enthusiasts and leila rahimi fanboys couldnt help themselves but dunk on sir. What a fun day.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: L&F
A possible reason may be that P&S dissed Leery during One Last Question a week or two ago. Someone sent in a question along the lines of "which show on the Score do you consider 'can't miss?'" Between Parkins, Spiegel, Tanny, and Shane, every other show on the Score was named, EXCEPT .... Leery.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:47 pm 

Beardown wrote:
I actually watched the segment on my phone on twitch cuz I thought it might be fun.

It was fun. I enjoyed seeing the upset reactions of Leila, Bernstein and Mully when their guy was taken before their picks.

Like I said, it was nice to see all of SCORE guys and Leila get together to do this. They all seemed to be into it which made you like it more. But, you know, Larry is a grown ass man and didn't think it would be fun for him. So he refused. :roll:

Whatever that means. Larry is just a dick, despite the fact that he plays the role of a 13 year old girl on the air.

I've always said that Larry is a phony. His true colors always show up every now and then when he's not playing this fake role on the radio. Sometimes we see the real Larry. This was one of those times.

I'm sure Larry watched it. He has nothing better to do. He's probably now embarrassed that he was the only regular host that passed on doing it. But he'll never admit it.

no he didnt watch/hear it. and if he did he wouldn't be embarassed, he would be laughing at them thinking how he is above this type of chicanery.

btw-what did you mean earlier when you said 'Larry's fake wife'???

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

HawaiiYou wrote:
Beardown wrote:

no he didnt watch/hear it. and if he did he wouldn't be embarassed, he would be laughing at them thinking how he is above this type of chicanery.

btw-what did you mean earlier when you said 'Larry's fake wife'???

I think he's gay. That's what I meant.

Also, I think he declined this draft invitation because he hates Danny Parkins. If Bernstein and Leila asked him to do this for their show, he would have done it. Same with Mully and Haugh.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:03 pm 

The Beardown post above was spot on.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:11 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Just as well for everyone else. I think theyve learned the hard way that they dont want a pissed off Leery roaming the hallways eeny longer than necessary.

Absolutely correct

Also the other guys probably want to put a little money on and throwing like $100 a piece and with Laurence's salary he probably would want to go like 10,000 a person