It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
could it be maybe he felt he didnt know enough about baseball and would be made fun of by going in there and not knowing any of the players?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
It was a great segment. LoHo should've been involved. Bad look.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

HawaiiYou wrote:
could it be maybe he felt he didnt know enough about baseball and would be made fun of by going in there and not knowing any of the players?

Absolutely not. I don't know all the great sluggers in MLB. Larry knows more than me I'm sure. But all you have to do is google the top sluggers from last year and the year before. Anybody can do that to do a draft.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
HawaiiYou wrote:

Who the fuck cares? Fire up google, type in last years home run leaderboard, and have some fun. Don't be such a loser.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

doug - evergreen park wrote:
It was a great segment. LoHo should've been involved. Bad look.

Yep. No big deal. Who cares in the end. It's just a bullshit radio bit. It just makes Larry look bad. Just for not being a team player. I think he actually does realize it now. Like I said, it is his hate for Parkins that made his decision not to do it. No doubt in my mind.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Grown ass man and self proclaimed comic book nerd don't go together. You can be one, but not both.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Peoria Matt wrote:
That was a great segment.

Yeah, it was a fun listen.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

I agree.

Larry: Well, I'm a grown ass man. I didn't think it would be fun. So that's why I didn't do it. Plus I don't want to be told what to do.

Anytime you have to proclaim that you're a grown ass man, it means you're a pussy. That's what Larry is. And they didn't tell him to do it. They asked him. Everybody else said yes. Not Larry.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Beardown wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

I agree.

Larry: Well, I'm a grown ass man. I didn't think it would be fun. So that's why I didn't do it. Plus I don't want to be told what to do.

Anytime you have to proclaim that you're a grown ass man, it means you're a pussy. That's what Larry is. And they didn't tell him to do it. They asked him. Everybody else said yes. Not Larry.

Goff would have said the same thing.

Any guesses why?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
the fact that he didn't partake saved bernstein and parkins from picking at least 2 more POC players.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggars
Were either of the transitions with Laurence posted today? I did not see them in the app though I could’ve sworn some people in the Twitch chat mentioned going back to listen to them. If they were posted, I wouldn’t be surprised if he asked to have them taken down.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Did Larry have to take a pay cut when the station started cutting payroll? It sounds like he is still bitter and just wants to do his show and go home. He doesn't feel loved.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Malaka312 wrote:
Were either of the transitions with Laurence posted today? I did not see them in the app though I could’ve sworn some people in the Twitch chat mentioned going back to listen to them. If they were posted, I wouldn’t be surprised if he asked to have them taken down.

Really? Doesn't surprise me.

Let's be honest about this. If Mike Murphy pulled this stunt, the station hosts would have ripped him for weeks. Then they would have brought up the story of it years later like the SCORE guys like to do now about Murph.

Why not the same ridicule and criticism for Larry? You know why? Because Larry is black and they don't want Larry to think they're racist. Larry knows that. That's why he feels free to be a b.itch. He takes advantage of this new "Woke" era.

It's just the truth.

Look, I know white people are awful. Have been for centuries. Doesn't mean that black people can't be called out for being ass holes as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
blackhawksfan wrote:
Did Larry have to take a pay cut when the station started cutting payroll? It sounds like he is still bitter and just wants to do his show and go home. He doesn't feel loved.

Requisite caveat that I don’t listen outside of a window or two each week, but...

Guy doesn’t seem like he’s capable of having fun in the job. His two modes are angry and serious, which seem a better fit for an NY type show or something national. There’s next to no humor when I’ve listened aside from the occasional forced, over the top chuckle at some interviewee’s unfunny answer.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:15 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

I agree.

so he actually said that on the air? was this during the transition? i will be listening via podcast later.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:17 pm 

Of course larry was a little bitc.h. that is who he is.

I think there is some legit heat between him and parkins

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:20 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Malaka312 wrote:

Really? Doesn't surprise me.

Let's be honest about this. If Mike Murphy pulled this stunt, the station hosts would have ripped him for weeks. Then they would have brought up the story of it years later like the SCORE guys like to do now about Murph.

Why not the same ridicule and criticism for Larry? You know why? Because Larry is black and they don't want Larry to think they're racist. Larry knows that. That's why he feels free to be a b.itch. He takes advantage of this new "Woke" era.

It's just the truth.

Look, I know white people are awful. Have been for centuries. Doesn't mean that black people can't be called out for being ass holes as well.

don't even put the memory of murph in anything that has to do w/ larry. its blasphemy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:20 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Of course larry was a little bitc.h. that is who he is.

I think there is some legit heat between him and parkins

why does he hate him? i dont know the backstory as I've not listened since Mac left.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Larry's basically has a 1 hour show. He gives up the first 20 minutes for transition and probably has nearly 40 minutes of commercials. No wonder he's cranky with Goldenboy Parkins.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah, that fake laughter has always annoyed me.

Christ, even the guest knows he didn't really say anything funny. But Larry has to have a 10 second cackle. Larry knows it wasn't funny. For some reason he feels he has to do the fake laughing. I don't get it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:24 pm 

how do you see it on the twitch? i am there now and searched the score but it goes back like 2 days it says, nothing from today.

maybe i'll just go to radio.com or whatever they are calling it now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
HawaiiYou wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

I agree.

so he actually said that on the air? was this during the transition? i will be listening via podcast later.

Malaka312 wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

HawaiiYou wrote:
how do you see it on the twitch? i am there now and searched the score but it goes back like 2 days it says, nothing from today.

maybe i'll just go to radio.com or whatever they are calling it now.

I think they just do twitch for the day shows. I just google score 670/twitch on my phone and I get it.

And like I said, I enjoyed the draft today watching it. Seeing the pissed reaction of everybody when their guy was picked was funny.

I know I'm not allowed to say this, but Leila looked very pretty. She's a good looking women. Plus she's a fun lady. She plays along with the boys. Unlike Julie. I like that about her. She wants to have fun instead of being pissed all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:41 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
HawaiiYou wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

I agree.

No you won't. It's been cut.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:53 pm 

Beardown wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I actually watched the segment on my phone on twitch cuz I thought it might be fun.

It was fun. I enjoyed seeing the upset reactions of Leila, Bernstein and Mully when their guy was taken before their picks.

Like I said, it was nice to see all of SCORE guys and Leila get together to do this. They all seemed to be into it which made you like it more. But, you know, Larry is a grown ass man and didn't think it would be fun for him. So he refused. :roll:

Whatever that means. Larry is just a dick, despite the fact that he plays the role of a 13 year old girl on the air.

I've always said that Larry is a phony. His true colors always show up every now and then when he's not playing this fake role on the radio. Sometimes we see the real Larry. This was one of those times.

I'm sure Larry watched it. He has nothing better to do. He's probably now embarrassed that he was the only regular host that passed on doing it. But he'll never admit it.

no he didnt watch/hear it. and if he did he wouldn't be embarassed, he would be laughing at them thinking how he is above this type of chicanery.

btw-what did you mean earlier when you said 'Larry's fake wife'???

I think he's gay. That's what I meant.

Also, I think he declined this draft invitation because he hates Danny Parkins. If Bernstein and Leila asked him to do this for their show, he would have done it. Same with Mully and Haugh.

i dont know about that. i remember your dossier last year where you outlined larry fawning over some blonde student he had. got her a job on the score. used her up and then dumped her like yesterday's trash.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think he fawns over the girls to create an image of himself. He wants that out there. That he likes women. Hell, thus the wife. I don't think he does. Lots of guys like him that try to pull this scam. He just happens to be on the radio for everybody to figure it out.

Just my opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:05 pm 

If the contest was started by Leila he would have been in right away

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:11 pm 

LoHo wrote:
This is grown man talkin, coward I split your head
I'm from HF where elevators run red from the bloodshed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:23 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Beardown wrote:
I think he's gay. That's what I meant.

I don’t know why this made me laugh as much as it did.

If they really wanted to mess with him, they could name it the Laurence Holmes Memorial Home Run Derby.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:33 pm 

Beardown - i thought about it more and I think you're sort of right - Larry is going to be the next Murph because the score always had a frat boy culture and if youre not 'in', then you're going to be made fun of and osctrazied.

Like the bully Mac and bully Bored did w/ Murph, I think the wannabe cool nerds speigs and parkins will do the same w/ Larry.

They will drive Larry crazy and he will become a shut in like they made murph at the end.

but murph just wanted to do his show - Larry though wants to let it be known to everyone he's some intellectual sports radio host.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next