It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

HawaiiYou wrote:
Beardown - i thought about it more and I think you're sort of right - Larry is going to be the next Murph because the score always had a frat boy culture and if youre not 'in', then you're going to be made fun of and osctrazied.

Like the bully Mac and bully Bored did w/ Murph, I think the wannabe cool nerds speigs and parkins will do the same w/ Larry.

They will drive Larry crazy and he will become a shut in like they made murph at the end.

but murph just wanted to do his show - Larry though wants to let it be known to everyone he's some intellectual sports radio host.

He's not gonna be the next Murph because he's black. So all of the whites at the station know that can't do Larry like they did Murph. But they all think of Larry the same way they thought about Murph - as a crazed nut job. They just can't say it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:33 am 

Beardown wrote:
I think he fawns over the girls to create an image of himself. He wants that out there. That he likes women. Hell, thus the wife. I don't think he does. Lots of guys like him that try to pull this scam. He just happens to be on the radio for everybody to figure it out.

Just my opinion.

He likes women like Michael Jackson liked women.

He nervously giggles when he sees a naked woman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:37 am 

help me with my memory here, wasn't Sir the guy who was most offended when Parkins was first hired and given a prime drive slot?

I remember there being some very rough treatment of Parkins by lesser talents who thought this was a union job where promotions were based on seniority.

I also seem to remember that there were no apologies, only that detente was reached

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:42 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good dolphin wrote:
help me with my memory here, wasn't Sir the guy who was most offended when Parkins was first hired and given a prime drive slot?

I remember there being some very rough treatment of Parkins by lesser talents who thought this was a union job where promotions were based on seniority.

I also seem to remember that there were no apologies, only that detente was reached

What Chunga did in bringing in Parkins was like when Herb Brooks brought Timmy Harrer in to the Olympic hockey team at the last moment. Sir was just standing up for his family the way O'C did.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: What??
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I think he fawns over the girls to create an image of himself. He wants that out there. That he likes women. Hell, thus the wife. I don't think he does. Lots of guys like him that try to pull this scam. He just happens to be on the radio for everybody to figure it out.

Just my opinion.

His podcast about his contract and his rejection of his co workers hints at a disturbance. The guy has been around a long time and whether you like him or not, he always seemed professional. Why is that veneer cracking, I wonder?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:44 am 

OKC and I didn't always agree but he was 100% correct in his description of Sir.

This has ALWAYS been Sir:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:51 am 

Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Just my opinion.

His podcast about his contract and his rejection of his co workers hints at a disturbance. The guy has been around a long time and whether you like him or not, he always seemed professional. Why is that veneer cracking, I wonder?

I, along with most people, have never looked at his podcast. What did he say?

I agree that he puts on a technically precise show. He's a professional. He just doesn't have that innate charisma of an entertainer.

I've always said he is more Les than Bernstein. He can be a lifer.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Candlelight
billypootons wrote:
he chastises anyone who questions why he doesnt take phone calls.... so if he doesnt want to talk to the listeners why would you expect him to want to be chummy with the co-hosts?

I've always thought Larry was in love with the sound of his own voice.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:42 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Just my opinion.

I agree that he puts on a technically precise show. He's a professional. He just doesn't have that innate charisma of an entertainer.

Crickramp posted the podcast. In a nutshell, had he not signed, people would be begging for his services, but he wanted to stay to help and participate in smoothing all the rough edges that the Score has.

He basically was damning the station with faint praise.

He's become like the secretary who knows better than everybody else in the office. He's got that "get off my lawn" thing that we get when we age. It's hard to tamp down when you've been in one place TOO FUCKING LONG.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Just my opinion.

Dolphin nailed it. The End.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
BigW72 wrote:

Dolphin’s looking for an invite to the hallway with lines like this:

good dolphin wrote:
I’ve always said he’s more Les than Bernstein.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:32 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Just my opinion.

I wouldn't compare him to Michael Jackson. Cuz Jackson was very confident around little boys.

But Larry also fawns over his male guests. Especially Jason Goff. I would like to see those two be a couple. It would be good for the gay community to see 2 black sports media guys get married.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
beardown - will he say anything on today's show? or is the show cancelled because of the cubs game?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:46 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

good dolphin wrote:

Les has continuously had an on air job in sports for the better part of 50 years. Most people in the industry would give their left arm for Les' credentials. Unfortunately, even low level Score guys think they are better than him. The reality is they will not sniff the kind of career he has had.

Sir is a nearly 50 year old guy who finally got a day part show. That show is only two hours long at the deadest part of the daytime.

People even beyond sports know who Les is, for better or worse.

Sir will never be the face of any station and I can imagine him ending up in overnights as he career continues to mature.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Just my opinion.

I wouldn't compare him to Michael Jackson. Cuz Jackson was very confident around little boys.

But Larry also fawns over his male guests. Especially Jason Goff. I would like to see those two be a couple. It would be good for the gay community to see 2 black sports media guys get married.

Larry seemed upset when Goff was fired because there was no reason for them to spend time together anymore. When Goff went on Larry's podcast there was a shift in attitude. Goff had to finally let Larry blow him for some gift cards.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:15 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

good dolphin wrote:

Les has continuously had an on air job in sports for the better part of 50 years. Most people in the industry would give their left arm for Les' credentials. Unfortunately, even low level Score guys think they are better than him. The reality is they will not sniff the kind of career he has had.

Sir is a nearly 50 year old guy who finally got a day part show. That show is only two hours long at the deadest part of the daytime.

Sir will never be the face of any station and I can imagine him ending up in overnights as he career continues to mature.

this is true. most of these scrubs who look down on Les weren't even born when he was on WLS with Lujack which was probably the highest morning radio got until Brandmeier. That work alone on WLS puts Les in Hall of Fame status. Everything else is topping on the cake for Les.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:05 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

good dolphin wrote:

this is true. most of these scrubs who look down on Les weren't even born when he was on WLS with Lujack which was probably the highest morning radio got until Brandmeier. That work alone on WLS puts Les in Hall of Fame status. Everything else is topping on the cake for Les.

pfft. Les is infamous, not famous. He's unintentional, not intentional....He's Fredo. But it's damn nice of you guys to splash perfume on that pig.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm still amazed that Larry didn't do this stupid draft. His answer was so dumb when he explained it to Danny and Spieges in transition.

Larry said "It wouldn't be fun for me". Danny was taken a back by that answer. So was I. If I were Danny I would have said "Well, would it be painful for you to do it?" I mean is picking home run hitters in a 2 round draft that horrible?

It was just fucking rude by Larry. Just rude. Like I said, it's because he hates Danny Parkins. Pure and simple. And he hates him for delusional reasons. They got into an argument a year or so ago when Danny questioned a sports opinion that Larry had. And he blames Danny for Goff not being at the SCORE.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:09 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Yossarian. wrote:
billypootons wrote:
he chastises anyone who questions why he doesnt take phone calls.... so if he doesnt want to talk to the listeners why would you expect him to want to be chummy with the co-hosts?

I've always thought Larry was in love with the sound of his own voice.

Oh, he does.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Larry is the black Mike Murphy. That's clear. Everybody at the SCORE thinks so. They just can't say anything to Larry out of fear of being called a racist. They can't harass him like they did the white Mike Murphy. Larry knows this and uses it to his advantage to behave like a dick.

Everybody at the SCORE is nodding their heads as they read this post. Even Herb.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Panino's
Beardown wrote:
Larry is the black Mike Murphy. That's clear. Everybody at the SCORE thinks so. They just can't say anything to Larry out of fear of being called a racist. They can't harass him like they did the white Mike Murphy. Larry knows this and uses it to his advantage to behave like a dick.

Everybody at the SCORE is nodding their heads as they read this post. Even Herb.

Do any Score employees read this forum, in your opinion?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Derplington wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Absolutely. But they'll never admit it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:02 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Derplington wrote:
Beardown wrote:

All of them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Beardown wrote:
I'm still amazed that Larry didn't do this stupid draft. His answer was so dumb when he explained it to Danny and Spieges in transition.

Larry said "It wouldn't be fun for me". Danny was taken a back by that answer. So was I. If I were Danny I would have said "Well, would it be painful for you to do it?" I mean is picking home run hitters in a 2 round draft that horrible?

It was just fucking rude by Larry. Just rude. Like I said, it's because he hates Danny Parkins. Pure and simple. And he hates him for delusional reasons. They got into an argument a year or so ago when Danny questioned a sports opinion that Larry had. And he blames Danny for Goff not being at the SCORE.

Larry is jealous of Parkins success. It's as simple as that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Just my opinion.

Agreed. That is spot-on.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
Hamp and Holmes got canceled his own show will be right there soon enough and absolute fuckin clown ass

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:56 pm 

Nicklin3011 wrote:
Hamp and Holmes got canceled his own show will be right there soon enough and absolute fuckin clown ass

What?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:01 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Nicklin3011 wrote:

What?

maybe his/her first language isn't english? geez, don't be such a douchebag :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I am hopeful that Mitch Rosen has talked to Laurence about that. Eventually he will be on ESPN 1000 and we will go full circle if that attitude toward his colleagues keeps up. When he isn't a whiney prick toward his co-workers (especially Danny) he is good at what he does. He is a score OG and I wish he had that Les Grobstein or Mully attitude towards it. Its just a job play nice. The fame will come. I think that ego makes him feel like he is bigger than what he is in the "industry" he loves to bring up so often. And hello dere everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
HawaiiYou wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Of course larry was a little bitc.h. that is who he is.

I think there is some legit heat between him and parkins

why does he hate him? i dont know the backstory as I've not listened since Mac left.

Laurence blames bringing in Parkins for the Score moving on from Jason Goff. Its pretty petty and jealous and he needs to grow up about it. Goff is talented and landed on his feet quick.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next