It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: What about Chicago?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Warren Newson wrote:
In an attempt, probably in vain, to nudge this thread in a different direction, I have never come anywhere close to staying up for 24 hours straight, somewhere around 18 hours is probably my personal best. Who here has stayed awake for 24 hours or more? How long did it take you to get back to a normal schedule?

I did in college a couple times. It took probably 2 days of sleep to get back to normal.

Well, "normal".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
In an attempt, probably in vain, to nudge this thread in a different direction, I have never come anywhere close to staying up for 24 hours straight, somewhere around 18 hours is probably my personal best. Who here has stayed awake for 24 hours or more? How long did it take you to get back to a normal schedule?

I did in college a couple times. It took probably 2 days of sleep to get back to normal.

Well, "normal".

Same. Could not focus on anything for the following day. Not something I would ever recommend.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Nice sig man!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
thomas wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

Well, "normal".

Same. Could not focus on anything for the following day. Not something I would ever recommend.

Ive done 36ish. The rule in college was if the sun rose and you were still awake you might as well stay awake and I did it two or three times. Would take one night to be normal. Now I can do 18-20 hours for 2-3 days and then it takes a 10 hour sleep to be normal but normal is tired all the time anyways but less spacey.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:34 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Jbi11s wrote:
Nice sig man!!!

:salut:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:53 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

Well, "normal".

I just was up for 22 hours on Saturday Night into Sunday, trying to hang with 22 year olds is not advisable to people my age. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
thomas wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

Well, "normal".

Ive done 36ish. The rule in college was if the sun rose and you were still awake you might as well stay awake and I did it two or three times. Would take one night to be normal. Now I can do 18-20 hours for 2-3 days and then it takes a 10 hour sleep to be normal but normal is tired all the time anyways but less spacey.

I think most people stayed up late enough to watch the sun rise in college. When I did it, I would just say "F**k it," go to bed, and try and get some sleep.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:22 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I've done hundreds of all-nighters since high school and probably at least a dozen doubles (48 hrs w/o sleep) or triples (72 hours w/o sleep). Some involve alcohol, but the vast majority were just me trying to meet a project deadline of some kind.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:26 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Tall Midget wrote:
I've done hundreds of all-nighters since high school
How many times have you ridden in a Cadillac?

Closest I have ever been to up for 24hr straight was 6:30am until about 4am.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Tall Midget wrote:
I've done hundreds of all-nighters since high school and probably at least a dozen doubles (48 hrs w/o sleep) or triples (72 hours w/o sleep). Some involve alcohol, but the vast majority were just me trying to meet a project deadline of some kind.

It must not phase you if you continue to do it. Also, what kind of work product are you putting out after being awake for more than 48 hours?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:14 am 

Warren Newson wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

It must not phase you if you continue to do it. Also, what kind of work product are you putting out after being awake for more than 48 hours?

There is no way it doesn't phase you. I referenced it before, Rogan had a great episode with a professor who studies sleep. It's really worth a listen to anyone who doesn't understand that they are slowly killing themselves with 6 or less hours of sleep per day.

I worked at one of the largest firms in the world early in my career. I once worked a 36 hour day. I wouldn't recommend it. I regularly worked on 4 hours of sleep. It takes its toll physically and psychologically. I can't imagine doing it if I had a family.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:16 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Board really does itself proud by bagging on radio hosts for raising money for charity.

Bernstein was the original at getting berated for raising money for camps serving children with cancer.

Now it's time to punch down on Parkins for raising money for a grocery store that is to employ neighborhood teenagers.

Real good look for CFMB

This

although it must be said, the 24 hour DJ on the air thing is a hackey gimmick as old as radio itself. I think they did an episode of Happy Days featuring it. If Mike North did it, you know it must be a vehicle for self promotion not matter the stated benefit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7